X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Who
    • Jul 2002

Apparently Bill Polian just said

that Doug Marrone should be considered for coach of the year.

I'm surprised.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Apparently Bill Polian just said

if the Pegulas hire Polian as a consultant or whatever, I guess Marrone stays
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

But BurtSquirtGum, aka HurkeyJerk, says he is horrible, along with a host of the other Monday Morning GM's around here.

They know more than Bill Polian, after all, they post regularly on a football message board.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

you can hear what ppl are gonna say already: he doesnt deserve it bc he hired hackett and the offense sucks and that its the defense that gets all the credit

well marrone went out and got guys like schwartz to begin with. not every coach would go out and get a recently fired hc who is one of the best dcs in the league. so if he gets hit for the offense and having hackett he also gets credit for the defense and having the schwartzinator

marrone has done a good job of orchestrating the rebuild (at least on the field) and getting a lot out of this team. he has also been good at improving areas of weakness like challenges and game clock mgmt. what he has done well is significant imo

his big weakness imo is lack of discipline on the team. it appears he tried too hard to be one of the guys early and i think its cost him. he needs to be more of a boss, a father, a taskmaster, to get these guys to respect him but with a little bit of fear

id give him another season. and if they win the last two he would have to be close to a lock for coty
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Was this on TMZ?

I love Polian but I watched us lose games we shouldn't have.

If Marrone fires Hackett and gets a real OC than I could live with another year but honestly if that doesn't fix things I'll be pissed.

Comment

• Dr. Who
            • Jul 2002

I would think Arians is the frontrunner given the qb issues and the Cards continue to win.

I don't like Hackett. Maybe it's the offensive line and the qb, but the way he calls a game drives me crazy.
            I wish Marrone would have brought in a more experienced o-coordinator.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
            Was this on TMZ?

If Marrone fires Hackett and gets a real OC than I could live with another year but honestly if that doesn't fix things I'll be pissed.
            I saw this reported on BBMB. I am guessing it was on ESPN.

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

the fire Marrone crew is ridiculous.

Hackett may need to be replaced. we literally are an OG or two away from being a SuperBowl contender.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I'm surprised also. Truth be known, there will probably be little to no turnover from this season to next, even the coaches (including Marrone) on the offensive side of the ball can point fingers at the performance of the oline and QB and convince Pegula 'We're thisclose...".

I've supported Marrone for most of the season, and gone back and forth with Hackett, but A)If some of the personnel handling situations are on Marrone and B)After watching yet another slog through the mud performance by the offense yesterday, I'm willing to cut bait with the HC if he isn't serious about upgrading a couple of spots on the roster, and the coaching staff.

The only way Marrone should even be considered for COTY is if the team wins out and makes the playoffs, otherwise he isn't a candidate at all.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                  I would think Arians is the frontrunner given the qb issues and the Cards continue to win.
                  I wrote about Arians on this board sometime ago. He has developed Palmer, Roethlisberger, and Luck before he got the gig in Arizona. You can say he's lucky to have some QB materials to work with. On the other hand, Palmer, Roethlisberger all had great words to say about his mentoring. Luck had him for one year. Looks to me he's one of the offensive mind in the game today.

Marrone strikes me as one of the overall manager type that isn't known to be an offensive genius. He needs to have eye for talent - OC and DC talent, that is. He really needs a Sean Peyton type of coordinator who can realize his vision of offense.

I don't know about Nate Hackett. It may not be fair but from his interviews and public talks I heard, just feel like he maight be a step below experienced OC like Gailey who is more crafty and imaginative.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

I don't really care what Polian has to say. He says things, now, just to get attention for the people he works for.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I think his big weakness is screwing up on gameday. I'm sick of that!

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                      you can hear what ppl are gonna say already: he doesnt deserve it bc he hired hackett and the offense sucks and that its the defense that gets all the credit

well marrone went out and got guys like schwartz to begin with. not every coach would go out and get a recently fired hc who is one of the best dcs in the league. so if he gets hit for the offense and having hackett he also gets credit for the defense and having the schwartzinator

marrone has done a good job of orchestrating the rebuild (at least on the field) and getting a lot out of this team. he has also been good at improving areas of weakness like challenges and game clock mgmt. what he has done well is significant imo

his big weakness imo is lack of discipline on the team. it appears he tried too hard to be one of the guys early and i think its cost him. he needs to be more of a boss, a father, a taskmaster, to get these guys to respect him but with a little bit of fear

id give him another season. and if they win the last two he would have to be close to a lock for coty

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                        I saw this reported on BBMB. I am guessing it was on ESPN.
                        Yes, it was on ESPN during my lunch break. I brought it up in the other thread about Marrone.

They also asked if the Bills gave the rest of the NFL a blueprint for beating the Packers. Merrill Hoge said something like "they did, and the blueprint is having the Bills defense..."

They agreed that the Bills defense is unarguably a top 5 defense but wouldn't go further than that.

Comment

• bdutton
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                          Those games we lost but shouldn't have were because of this joker on the left.

Comment

• Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            the fire Marrone crew is ridiculous.

Hackett may need to be replaced. we literally are an OG or two away from being a SuperBowl contender.
                            and an OC. A good QB would also help. However, I agree. We resign the people we have, do whatever it takes to keep Schwartz happy and more importantly here, and fix the OL, and the OC then yes we will finally be contenders for a change. As for Coach of the Year? Well, if we beat Oakland and New England and stumble our way into the post season then **** yes. Anywho, any call to can Marrone is premature. He might not be the best coach out there, but for the first time in almost 15 years the head coach is not the problem. Can Hackett and keep the coach.

Comment

• mightysimi
                              Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                              • Mar 2010

14 years with no playoffs, 10 years without a winning record. Marrone has us knocking on both and people still want to fire him and start over. That's what we need is a new system. It worked so well for Alex Smith in SF that it has to work for us!!! I'm not as down on Hackett as some but I wouldn't hate some more experience on that side of the ball. Hell I would even deal with an offensive consultant who can refine our offence as oppose to starting over with a new one.

Comment

Working...
                              X