PDA

View Full Version : OC wish list

mightysimi
12-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Since most believe that Hackett is the problem, which coach would you bring in as our OC? There has to be a reasonable expectation that they could be available.

I will go first and I do think that if Philbin gets fired in MIA he is worth a look. GB pedigree and MIA has the most recent success beating NE. Not sure he gets fired though.

SpikedLemonade
12-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Marc Trestman if he gets fired.

mightysimi
12-15-2014, 02:36 PM
Marc Trestman if he gets fired.

Or at least QB coach.

Ed
12-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Chan Gailey

better days
12-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Both Philbin & Trestman would be MUCH better than Hackett.

The Jokeman
12-15-2014, 05:00 PM
David Warner, the co-offensive coordinator at Michigan State and former QB coach that's mold guys like Cousins, Hoyer and Nick Foles who although have fizzled you can't dismiss they did display some good things in the NFL. Toss in Conner Cook could be a 1st/2nd Round pick in the 2015 NFL draft. Granted I'd want someone with more NFL experience but if looking at under the radar type picks he be a guy I'd consider. He was also a RB coach at Syracuse when Marrone was a player so there's also a slight connection there. For more info checkout http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dave_warner_282842.html

cookie G
12-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Art Briles. But sadly, he lost his play caller, Phil Montgomery Tulsa. He could have been a coup. So we go with Plan B.

Scott Frost, OC Oregon. They haven't missed a beat since Chip Kelly left.

If you're going to talk about bringing in someone from a balls to the wall offense, make sure its a real balls to the wall offense, not a wannabe.

The Jokeman
12-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Art Briles. But sadly, he lost his play caller, Phil Montgomery Tulsa. He could have been a coup. So we go with Plan B.

Scott Frost, OC Oregon. They haven't missed a beat since Chip Kelly left.

If you're going to talk about bringing in someone from a balls to the wall offense, make sure its a real balls to the wall offense, not a wannabe.

Frost is an interesting name for sure. I can't see Briles leaving Baylor for an OC job in the NFL.

justasportsfan
12-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Philbin has had a lotof OL coaching stints too

swiper
12-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Hearing that Miami might cut ties with Philbin if they could get Harbaugh. They went hard after Harbaugh a couple of years back and lost.

Wagon mentioned in another thread: Jay Gruden - if he loses the power struggle to RGIII.

Buddo
12-16-2014, 05:52 AM
Should he become available, I'd take son of Marty. He knows the sort of Offense that Marrone wants to run, and I believe he could actually sort out our run game, and use guys like Spiller and Brown to their most effective.

GreedoII
12-16-2014, 07:20 AM
need a QB and two guards.....