PDA

View Full Version : Is Doug Marrone Calling The Plays On Offense?

BillsImpossible
12-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Marrone was the Saints offensive coordinator from 2006 to 2008, but Sean Payton called the plays.

Nate Hackett is the offensive coordinator, but is Doug Marrone calling the plays on game day?

All of those runs up the middle for 2 or 3 yards seem like the calling card of an old school, conservative coach calling the plays.

Nate Hackett is a very high energy, upbeat kind of guy - but the Bills offense is anything but high energy and upbeat.

Remember how the Bills were going to be a no huddle offense last year?

That changed really quick.

So much talent on offense, but the Bills coaches can't find a way to score touchdowns.

If Marrone has been calling the plays, should he continue to do so or give Hackett another shot?

On one side of the token you have to respect the fact that Marrone has gotten the Bills this far.

On the other side of the token we don't know if or when Marrone pulled the play call duties away from Hackett.

If Marrone did takeover the play calling, I would guess and say he did it after EJ Manuel threw a pick six to J.J. Watt in Texas.

Manuel went 21-44, threw 2 TD's and 2 Int's in a game that the Bills should have won if they ran the ball more.

That's just a guess.

If Marrone is indeed calling the plays, Hackett's on the hot seat.

swiper
12-15-2014, 06:54 PM
I was going to ask the same question. It seems like the play call sequences have been much different over the past 4 or 5 games. No more of run Spiller/Jackson up the middle 20 times.

BillsImpossible
12-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Anytime a coach calls a play these days, they often cover their mouths with their clipboard of whatever so as to prevent their lips from being read.

Is Hackett on the field or upstairs in the coaches box?

Anyone notice Marrone calling the plays on Sundays?

YardRat
12-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Hackett is upstairs, and I don't recall seeing any shots of Marrone appearing to actually call plays.