PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Playoff Predictor Says

BillsImpossible
12-15-2014, 06:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture/predictor

The Bills have a very realistic shot at a wildcard playoff berth if they win out.

In Week 16 games that matter:

I predict the Chargers to defeat San Francisco, Ravens to defeat the Texans, Steelers beat the Chiefs, and Broncos beat the Bengals.

In Week 17 games that matter:

I predict the Ravens beat the Browns, Chiefs beat the Chargers, and Steelers beat the Bengals.

If these predictions hold true, the Bills will get their first taste of the playoffs since 1999.

Not so crazy.

swiper
12-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Oh. And the Bills must beat the Patriots in NE.

BillsImpossible
12-15-2014, 07:02 PM

The Bills have a very realistic shot at a wildcard playoff berth if they win out.

swiper
12-15-2014, 07:06 PM
The offense has to be able to score from the red zone then.

BillsImpossible
12-15-2014, 07:25 PM
The offense has to be able to score from the red zone then.

Every big hitter eventually gets out of a slump.

Hopefully CJ Spiller embodies that sentiment and gives the offense a spark when it needs it the most.

Spiller has been a disappointment this season so far, Orton is batting .250 at best, Sammy Watkins can't find the endzone lately, and Robert Woods' pissed off body language reflects it all in one play.

They have the weapons, but have no chemistry as an offensive team.

Maybe Doug Marrone is a mad scientist, and knows how to bottle up talent until it explodes at the right time?

BillsImpossible
12-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Pinch yourself.

It's mid-December and the Bills are still in the hunt.

Uncharted territory, the likes of which Bills fans haven't seen in 14 years.

If Eli Manning can win 2 Super Bowls rings, anything is possible.

jamze132
12-16-2014, 01:54 AM
Pinch yourself.

10 years.

swiper
12-16-2014, 04:40 AM
Pinch yourself.

Well the popular belief after that last Super Bowl, at least in NYC sports talk circles, was that Eli was "elite."

I don't know if I've ever seen a more up and down QB than Eli Manning. He was so far down then Odell Beckham Jr. made him look half way decent again last Sunday.

YardRat
12-16-2014, 04:46 AM
Just beat Oakland. First things first.

BillsOverDolphins
12-16-2014, 04:49 AM
Just beat Oakland. First things first.

We're not playing the game so it makes no difference if we look ahead...just a heads-up, sparky

Albany,n.y.
12-16-2014, 05:25 AM
Yesterrday WGR was going over league rules & couldn't come up with a scenario where the Bills have a tie-breaker over Baltimore if they both win 10 games. Has anyone figured it out or is, as WGR speculated, the NFL Playoff Predictor wrong.

Lucidvizion
12-16-2014, 05:39 AM
If we win out I'll start calling him Saint Doug.

don137
12-16-2014, 06:03 AM
I think the Bills have their best chance in years to win in Foxboro. They held Manning and Rodgers in check. If they can rattle Brady I feel he can have an off game. I think the reputation of the Bills defensive line got in the head of Rodgers and affected his play. The same with Manning. Brady has shown if he gets rattled he can have an off game.

While I am not sure if the Bills will make the playoffs or win their last two it's fun to think they at least have a chance. That is much better than recent years.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2014, 06:33 AM
8-8 is more realistic for us than a playoff spot.

Sub par coach, sub par QB, 6-9 wins, fire and repeat process.

The movie ends the same way.

chris66
12-16-2014, 08:28 AM
I think the Bills have their best chance in years to win in Foxboro. They held Manning and Rodgers in check. If they can rattle Brady I feel he can have an off game. I think the reputation of the Bills defensive line got in the head of Rodgers and affected his play. The same with Manning. Brady has shown if he gets rattled he can have an off game.

While I am not sure if the Bills will make the playoffs or win their last two it's fun to think they at least have a chance. That is much better than recent years.
Except NE defense is better than Denver or GB, add that the Bills offense is really really bad.
other than that it's the bills best chance to win at a place no afc team has won since 06

Zero
12-16-2014, 08:32 AM

Oh, that minor detail??

TheBrownBear
12-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Honestly, I ran the predictor too and the only thing that looked ridiculous was the Bills winning at New England.

Ed
12-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Assuming the Bills win in Oakland, there are two scenarios that need to be avoided or they can still be eliminated this weekend.

1. If Baltimore, Cincy, and Pitt all win this weekend there's no way the Bills can finish ahead of any of these teams, even at 10-6. They can't win tie-breakers against Pitt or Baltimore.

2. If Baltimore, SD, and KC all win this weekend the Bills would essentially be out. In this scenario the winner of the KC/SD game in week 17 would finish ahead of the Bills and the winner of the Cincy/Pitt game would also finish ahead. Technically, they would not be mathematically eliminated in this scenario since those two previous games mentioned could end in a tie, but that's obviously highly unlikely.

So we should all break out our 49er and Bronco gear because we need to be huge SF and Denver fans this week.

Novacane
12-16-2014, 11:03 AM
We will probably get the help we need. Can the Bills do their part is the question.

trapezeus
12-16-2014, 11:05 AM
i just think it's fun we have this scenario. good coaching could have made us win very winnable games vs houston, KC and Miami. We had leads in the 4th quarter in 2 of those games. in houston, we had a drive on a turnover that would have put us up 2 scores. This is on coaching. Minny, detroit, chicago and even cleveland could have ended up as losses if the D wasn't so dominant.

as a result, i don't trust our offense to do anything to beat oakland unless we get another huge D performance. which is essentially what we need from here on out.

the weakness of this offense is amongst some of the worst in bills history. this is on marrone.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Yesterrday WGR was going over league rules & couldn't come up with a scenario where the Bills have a tie-breaker over Baltimore if they both win 10 games. Has anyone figured it out or is, as WGR speculated, the NFL Playoff Predictor wrong.

The only thing I can think is that we would somehow get to the strength of victory tiebreaker, but the playoff machine can't calculate that without knowing the scores of the final two games.

Ed
12-16-2014, 12:01 PM
The only thing I can think is that we would somehow get to the strength of victory tiebreaker, but the playoff machine can't calculate that without knowing the scores of the final two games.
The only way it can get to SOV with Baltimore is if they both finish 9-7, but the Bills would be eliminated anyway. If they both finish 10-6 the tie-breaker will be common games and the Bills would be 2-3 while the Ravens would be 3-2. So the Bills would lose the tie-breaker. The Bills are already 2-3 against common opponents and the Ravens are 2-1. Since they finish against Houston and Cleveland they can't finish 10-6 without finishing 3-2 against common opponents. So there's no way to finish ahead of Baltimore if they win one more game.

swiper
12-16-2014, 12:12 PM
If we win out I'll start calling him Saint Doug.

I'm with you.