PDA

View Full Version : Any way to make it if the Bills go 1-1 ??

Skooby
12-16-2014, 04:45 PM
So if we beat the Raiders & lose to NE, is there any way to make it to the playoffs ??

HAMMER
12-16-2014, 05:17 PM
No.

Pinkerton Security
12-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Great thread!

Joking aside, I wondered it myself. There is seriously no way if every other AFC team ahead of us loses out and we win out that we get in? I'm assuming another one word answer will suffice, but just need to be sure.

Pinkerton Security
12-16-2014, 05:29 PM
I answered my own question - yes. 5% chance, but as I said a lot of good teams need to lose out and thats unlikely.

The Bills kept their slim playoff hopes alive Sunday with a comprehensive victory over the Packers, but it’s going to take a far bigger miracle to get Buffalo into the playoffs. The Bills are playing well enough to justify a trip to the postseason, but they have an awful conference record (4-6) and have lost games to the Texans, Chiefs, and Chargers, who would be their rivals in the wild-card race.
What does a Buffalo playoff berth look like? Obviously, it includes winning out, including a victory over the Patriots in Week 17. It can go a number of different and unlikely ways from there, but the Bills can even make it all the way up to the 5-seed if they’re the only team in the wild-card pool with 10 wins, which requires the Ravens losing twice.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nfl-buddy-system-how-one-team-helps-another-make-the-playoffs/

YardRat
12-16-2014, 05:31 PM
I haven't been able to make it work going 1-1 on the playoff simulator thingie.

Typ0
12-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Who cares really ... if we can't beat the patriots to get there what's the sense of even going? on the other hand ... if we can beat them there is good reason to go. So we must beat them.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-16-2014, 11:08 PM
I haven't been able to make it work going 1-1 on the playoff simulator thingie.

I was able to make it work, but it requires KC and San Diego to tie their final game.

http://tinyurl.com/Billsinat9-7

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-17-2014, 05:20 AM
I was able to make it work, but it requires KC and San Diego to tie their final game.

so what you're saying is..... NO

trapezeus
12-17-2014, 07:48 AM
the issue is that some of the teams play head to head. so they can't both lose. whatever happens this sunday (and assuming the bills win), then the week 17 sunday results will be clear.

the bills can see a variety of scenarios happen (again, as long as they win) and have a shot going into NE.

better days
12-17-2014, 07:55 AM
The Bills will be lucky to get into the playoffs if they do win at N.E.* & go 10-6.

streetkings01
12-17-2014, 08:13 AM
With KC playing Pitt and SD and at worst Cinci would finish 9-6-1 there is no possible way.

Skooby
12-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Wouldn't a few tie-games do it?

IlluminatusUIUC
12-17-2014, 09:21 AM
so what you're saying is..... NO

Pretty much.

Ed
12-17-2014, 09:54 AM

This is correct. They only way the Bills can make it at 9-7 is if there is a tie. KC and SD would have to both finish 8-7-1. Plus, Baltimore would have to lose out and give the Bills the tie-breaker on SOV, Houston would have to lose to the Jags in week 17 since we would need them to beat Baltimore this week, and the Fins would have to lose one more.

So basically 9-7 doesn't stand a chance of getting the Bills in.

Skooby
12-17-2014, 10:00 AM
This is correct. They only way the Bills can make it at 9-7 is if there is a tie. KC and SD would have to both finish 8-7-1. Plus, Baltimore would have to lose out and give the Bills the tie-breaker on SOV, Houston would have to lose to the Jags in week 17 since we would need them to beat Baltimore this week, and the Fins would have to lose one more.

No I guess not but I'd like to see just in case.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-17-2014, 10:20 AM

Not exactly, in that scenario, Baltimore would be tied with Cleveland at 9-7. Division tiebreakers are applied first, which Cleveland would win based on division record, and then we would elminate Cleveland on head to head.

Ed
12-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Not exactly, in that scenario, Baltimore would be tied with Cleveland at 9-7. Division tiebreakers are applied first, which Cleveland would win based on division record, and then we would elminate Cleveland on head to head.
Yeah, I didn't realize Cleveland would win the tie-breaker over Baltimore. But if Cleveland lost to Carolina and finished 8-8, the Bills would still have to win the tie-breaker over Baltimore based on SOV. Either way Baltimore would have to lose out.