X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

The 2015 Buffalo Bills Quarterback Situation

If Kyle Orton wins the next two games, he will be the starter next year.

Even if Kyle Orton wins only 1 out of the next 2, he will be the starter next year.

There's no other option.

Would I rather have Eli Manning? Yes, but the Giants are not going to part ways with Manning for the same reason the Bills aren't going to part ways with Kyle Orton.

They have nobody else to replace him.

The 2019 NFL season stats per game for Eli Manning of the New York Giants on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

Would I rather have Jay Cutler? Yes, but the Bears are not going to part ways with Cutler for the same reason - there's no other better option.

The 2017 NFL season stats per game for Jay Cutler of the Miami Dolphins on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

Would I rather have Colin Kaepernick? No way.

The 2016 NFL season stats per game for Colin Kaepernick of the San Francisco 49ers on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

The 2015 NFL draft has no elite quarterbacks, and Connor Cook said he's staying at MSU for his senior season.

The Bills are not drafting a quarterback in 2015, and they're not going to have any options in free agency.

Here's our complete 2015 NFL free agents list which includes every available player along with our top 50 NFL Free Agents list, NFL team cap space.

That being said, Kyle Orton and EJ Manuel will be the Bills quarterbacks next year.

If Kyle Orton had a full training camp and started the season in 2014, I think the Bills would be 10-4 and in the drivers seat instead of being 8-6.

Give EJ the chance to compete for the starting job, sign the best offensive lineman available in free agency, draft the best offensive lineman in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, retain Schwartz no matter how much Terry Pegula has to pay him, and hire the best available offensive coordinator that can transform an offense like Mike Pettine and Jim Schwartz transformed the Bills defense.

The Bills are an expert offensive coordinator and 2 offensive lineman away from being one of the best teams in the league.
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: The 2015 Buffalo Bills Quarterback Situation

My order in preference would be Eli, Orton, Cutler, Kaepernick, EJ and Cook. Yet I might rank Cook higher if he were to come out and did well at the combine. I've stated in other threads we could take a gamble on a QB in the 3rd day of the draft of 2015 and if had a choice it be on Chuckie Keeton.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-16-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Don't want Cutler. Biggest cancer in the NFL.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

PS Why doesn't anyone else want to focus on the glaring weakness we have at TE?

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
          My order in preference would be Eli, Orton, Cutler, Kaepernick, EJ and Cook. Yet I might rank Cook higher if he were to come out and did well at the combine. I've stated in other threads we could take a gamble on a QB in the 3rd day of the draft of 2015 and if had a choice it be on Chuckie Keeton.
          The read option quarterback has gone the way of the now extinct wildcat offense.

See: Colin Kaepernick and RGIII.

Chuckie Keeton and RGIII have the same injury issues because quarterbacks were designed to throw, not run.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
            The read option quarterback has gone the way of the now extinct wildcat offense.

See: Colin Kaepernick and RGIII.

Chuckie Keeton and RGIII have the same injury issues because quarterbacks were designed to throw, not run.
            Yeah but to me if you're going to take a chance on a QB later than sooner you go with the guy with the best skill set and Chuckie seems to be a guy who fights hard to come back from injury. Unlike RGIII. He might be nothing more than a game manager that can run in the Russell Wilson/David Garrard mold which isn't horrible.
            Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-16-2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              Don't want Cutler. Biggest cancer in the NFL.
              Dude pouts like a baby, but so did Dan Marino.

"Whaaaa! Danny's got a booboo, whaaaaa!"

I don't think Cutler is the, "biggest cancer in the NFL," that seems a little harsh.

Cutler's got an arm, and a strong supporting cast on offense, but he lacks protection.

Sounds familiar.

The game is won and lost in the quagmire, mostly unseen trenches between the big ugly's.

Why are Peyton Manning and Tom Brady so good?

Because they rarely get sacked.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

Not harsh at all. He's a loser. Just say no.
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

Agree with everything but your last few words, BI. It's going to take much better QB play if we're going to be one of the best teams in the league.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                    • Nov 2007

Cutler = Jeff George 2.0
                    I came.
                    I saw.
                    I conquered.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                      Cutler = Jeff George 2.0
                      Agreed.Posted the same before. A complete tease.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

There will be plenty of time to talk about 2015 pretty soon. Right now the Bills are still in the hunt and can make the playoffs if they win out and get some help. No small task, but I'd rather focus on that possibility.

Anyway, besides playing the Patriots, Dolphins, and Jets twice each, the Bills play the AFC South and the NFC East next year. That means we play Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Indianapolis in the AFC. We play Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, and the New York Giants in the NFC. I like those AFC match-ups today, generally. The NFC division we'll face could definitely be worse.

Then we'll play a team in the AFC North and a team in the AFC West based on respective records from this year. That means that we'll either play the Ravens, Steelers, or Bengals in one game, and either the Chargers or Chiefs in another game...who exactly those teams will be remains to be seen.

I don't know as if we'll be able to upgrade the QB position in 2015 regardless. The same would be true even if we had a first round pick, in all likelihood. Why even talk about Cutler or Kaepernick...guys like that. Kaepernick just signed a huge contract with $61 million guaranteed. Cutler is in a similar boat contract-wise. No way in hell the 49ers or Bears are going to just let those guys go, and inheriting those contracts in a trade makes no sense...even if you actually like those players and it were actually possible.

Not that I'm particularly interested in him, but Sam Bradford is going into his contract year in 2015. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him next year and beyond.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                          There will be plenty of time to talk about 2015 pretty soon. Right now the Bills are still in the hunt and can make the playoffs if they win out and get some help. No small task, but I'd rather focus on that possibility.

Anyway, besides playing the Patriots, Dolphins, and Jets twice each, the Bills play the AFC South and the NFC East next year. That means we play Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Indianapolis in the AFC. We play Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, and the New York Giants in the NFC. I like those AFC match-ups today, generally. The NFC division we'll face could definitely be worse.

Then we'll play a team in the AFC North and a team in the AFC West based on respective records from this year. That means that we'll either play the Ravens, Steelers, or Bengals in one game, and either the Chargers or Chiefs in another game...who exactly those teams will be remains to be seen.

I don't know as if we'll be able to upgrade the QB position in 2015 regardless. The same would be true even if we had a first round pick, in all likelihood. Why even talk about Cutler or Kaepernick...guys like that. Kaepernick just signed a huge contract with $61 million guaranteed. Cutler is in a similar boat contract-wise. No way in hell the 49ers or Bears are going to just let those guys go, and inheriting those contracts in a trade makes no sense...even if you actually like those players and it were actually possible.

Not that I'm particularly interested in him, but Sam Bradford is going into his contract year in 2015. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him next year and beyond.
                          my guess is he'll break his arm signing his next contract. but that's just me

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          Agreed.Posted the same before. A complete tease.
                          the one thing that kills me about Cutler is that he can actually run, but almost never does so. I think he'd be much more effective if he ran now and then a la andrew luck
                          I came.
                          I saw.
                          I conquered.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                            • Jun 2009

Hundley will be available with our 2nd rd pick.

Petty will also even 3rd or 4th rds.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                              • Sep 2004

There is no way this franchise can sit on their hands and trot Kyle Orton out there in 2015 as their starter, and waste another year of this defense. There is just no way that can be allowed to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X