X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Why all the Marron B&M

Look the guy is a good coach and has done the one thing others have failed to do and that is put good coaches on this staff. Now we can argue the merits of the OC but as people have pointed on twitter Nate has done a nice job of getting people open on plays, but Orton and EJ are either missing or going another direction. On our last third down Fred was wide open for an easy game clinching first down but orton throws to Sammy on a tough go route. He also had woods wide open on an easy third and n that probably would have got some decent YAC. Bottom line is this though the team is better, yes Marrone made mistakes of course. However, ask yourself this question did Shula, Levy, Lombardi, and other great coaches just show up and be as good as they are day one. Heck Bill B was fired and was not that great his first season, he was very conservative and then got better and better. Gruden struggled some in Oakland and then got better. Coaches get better as well guys but for us to be wanting to a fire a coach that has finally got us a winning season and hires ex head coaches or other big name coaches shows he does not have an ego like other guys we have had that want all the credit. Lets just fire him though and hope the grass is greener on the other side it has worked for the past 14 years. I do get some of the criticism and it is warranted especially the 4th down late game decision making with our defense, but we are much better off than we have been since 1999. Time to be consistent and stay the course because I think this ship has finally righted and we are on our way to being good and a perennial 9+ win team every year and I will take that because that will mean playoffs and a chance every year.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Why all the Marron B&M

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

If the Bills win Sunday & finish 9-7, I think Marrone will be back next year & I would be OK with that.

But he needs to show improvement next year as in PLAYOFFS.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

If the Bills lose both games there will still not be any changes BD.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
          If the Bills lose both games there will still not be any changes BD.
          I hope you are wrong. But I will be watching the Bills next year in any case.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Marrone could lose the next two and will still be back next year. Gees.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

He can't improve the High School level offense, when being loyal to Hackett.

Schwartz improved the D.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I am, admittedly, a little bit bi-polar when it comes to Marrone, and even Hackett at times. Some things are done well, some things aren't. Sometimes they look like geniuses, sometimes like morons. It's frustrating to see the progress the defense has made the last two seasons while the offense continues to sputter horribly. I guess I'm at the point where this team should be good enough to unquestionably contend now, but it isn't, and that's on the inability to make any progress in production when the team has possession of the ball. And that's on those two. It's obvious the offense is dragging the team down, and if Marrone isn't willing to make changes necessary to rectify that than he isn't doing us any favors.

I'd really like to know the inside scoop on the handling of personnel (M.Williams, Urbik, etc) because even though I'm on the fence with Marrone, knowing who fubared some of those cases could push me to one side of the fence. And, he definitely needs to get rid of Morris. If this offseason goes by with no changes in coaching on the offensive side of the ball, I'm going to be pissed.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  I am, admittedly, a little bit bi-polar when it comes to Marrone, and even Hackett at times. Some things are done well, some things aren't. Sometimes they look like geniuses, sometimes like morons. It's frustrating to see the progress the defense has made the last two seasons while the offense continues to sputter horribly. I guess I'm at the point where this team should be good enough to unquestionably contend now, but it isn't, and that's on the inability to make any progress in production when the team has possession of the ball. And that's on those two. It's obvious the offense is dragging the team down, and if Marrone isn't willing to make changes necessary to rectify that than he isn't doing us any favors.

I'd really like to know the inside scoop on the handling of personnel (M.Williams, Urbik, etc) because even though I'm on the fence with Marrone, knowing who fubared some of those cases could push me to one side of the fence. And, he definitely needs to get rid of Morris. If this offseason goes by with no changes in coaching on the offensive side of the ball, I'm going to be pissed.
                  Remember how everybody was calling for Danny Crossman's head after last year?

Amazing what can happen with a little continuity, and an upgrade in talent.

No way the Pegula's fire Marrone and his coaching staff after this year.

Marrone has made an incredible possible playoff chicken salad out of chicken poop at quarterback after 15 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                  X