• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

In hindsight - we likely wouldnt have drafted a QB Round 1 anyways

So looking through the draft prospects for next year, there are 2 top QBs - Mariota and Winston - and after that, there is basically no draftable QB for quite a while, some saying even through day 2. So while I think we gave up a lot for Watkins, our first rounder likely wouldn't have landed us a QB anyways.

I know some think Whaley is inept but perhaps he realized how good our defense is and thought ahead? If you had a feeling your D was good enough to keep you around .500 and therefore out of the top 10 in the draft, in a draft with very few quality QB's, why not try to get a playmaking talent with that pick instead?

I realize we need more than just a QB but when thinking about it this way, I feel that the Watkins trade is more justifiable.

• Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: In hindsight - we likely wouldnt have drafted a QB Round 1 anyways

Woops someone just pointed out I copied a thread that already existed by accident - was just bored and thinking about it so posted it lol. merge?

What 1st round QB would we be in position to take? Winston, Marriota or Hundley, none would be available with our current pick @ #17. Take a look at the teams ahead of us needy for a QB.........#1 Bucs, #2 Titans, #4 Jets, #10 Saints, #12 Rams and #13 Texans. There are 4 teams in the top 10 that need a QB.........the Bills

Comment

• GreedoII
      • Aug 2007

It's a weak draft in my opinion...who cares. BPA is the pick. Fill your holes through FA this year

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

All O-line next year and depth guys.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
          • Aug 2013

It was an unnecessarily risky move but I'm over it. I'm not trying to poke holes in the plan of the GM who put together likely the first winning season in a decade. We have all offseason to be bored and discuss that. I'm going to copy and paste this and put it in that other thread.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Really all the Bills should draft in 2015 is O-line and maybe a QB if there's a Russell Wilson type that slips

Comment

Working...
            X