PDA

View Full Version : In hindsight - we likely wouldnt have drafted a QB Round 1 anyways

Pinkerton Security
12-17-2014, 08:51 AM
So looking through the draft prospects for next year, there are 2 top QBs - Mariota and Winston - and after that, there is basically no draftable QB for quite a while, some saying even through day 2. So while I think we gave up a lot for Watkins, our first rounder likely wouldn't have landed us a QB anyways.

I know some think Whaley is inept but perhaps he realized how good our defense is and thought ahead? If you had a feeling your D was good enough to keep you around .500 and therefore out of the top 10 in the draft, in a draft with very few quality QB's, why not try to get a playmaking talent with that pick instead?

I realize we need more than just a QB but when thinking about it this way, I feel that the Watkins trade is more justifiable.

Pinkerton Security
12-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Woops someone just pointed out I copied a thread that already existed by accident - was just bored and thinking about it so posted it lol. merge?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227065-Bills-wouldn-t-be-in-postion-to-grab-a-1st-round-QB-regardless-of-the-trade

GreedoII
12-17-2014, 09:15 AM
It's a weak draft in my opinion...who cares. BPA is the pick. Fill your holes through FA this year

DynaPaul
12-17-2014, 03:48 PM
All O-line next year and depth guys.

BuffaloRedleg
12-17-2014, 09:47 PM
It was an unnecessarily risky move but I'm over it. I'm not trying to poke holes in the plan of the GM who put together likely the first winning season in a decade. We have all offseason to be bored and discuss that. I'm going to copy and paste this and put it in that other thread.

Forward_Lateral
12-18-2014, 06:22 AM
Really all the Bills should draft in 2015 is O-line and maybe a QB if there's a Russell Wilson type that slips