X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Would Cutler Really make the difference

Cutler has all the talent in the world and with our defense I think his turnover flaws will be somewhat mitigated unlike they are this year in Chicago. The question I have is does the guy listen to coaching and follow the game plan. Do we really want this potential head ache. Additionally getting him assures Hughes and Spiller are gone, as Clayton mentioned on the radio yesterday Hughes does benefit from the other 3 and we will all agree but he still beats one on ones and against some good LTs, is that something we want to let go?
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Would Cutler Really make the difference

We do not need our QB to be a team leader as long as FJ still has breath in him. Unfortunately, that probably only means a year or two.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
      Cutler has all the talent in the world and with our defense I think his turnover flaws will be somewhat mitigated unlike they are this year in Chicago.
      What makes you think Cutler's turnover tendencies will be "somewhat mitigated"? What would do that and what do you mean by that?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

1. We don't want Cutler
        2. We want Hughes back

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
          We do not need our QB to be a team leader as long as FJ still has breath in him. Unfortunately, that probably only means a year or two.
          Show me a team where the QB was NOT a team leader and I'll show you a losing team

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

"All the talent in the world" is not how I'd describe Cutler. Physical talent, maybe, but that doesnt mean anything.

Would he be an upgrade over Orton/EJ? Yes, probably, but he isnt worth it IMO

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

I see no reason the Bills can't afford to pay both Cutler & Hughes.

On his current contract next year, Cutler makes $15.5 Mill. That is only 10 mill more than Orton would get.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                What makes you think Cutler's turnover tendencies will be "somewhat mitigated"? What would do that and what do you mean by that?

Call me crazy... but I'm starting to think its our running backs holding us back--not qb play.

This team is largely the same offensively this season as they were last year... with the exception of improvement at wideout and lateral movement at qb, (or improvement at that position, depending on your perspective). What then can account for us falling from one of the top teams in the league at running the ball, to one of the worst?

Fredex is getting old, he's lost a step, and where once he was able to get to the second level and rumble for 7-8 more yards, he now drags a mass of players with him to get an extra 2 yards.

Spiller, the fanbase's whipping boy, was our big time, home run threat. Whether or not he was "being utilized properly" is not the question. He was always the second string rb behind freddy... with freddy losing a step, expecting spiller to be an every down back AND the guy that goes between the tackles to get 2-3 yards is just ridiculous. He's not built like that and that's not his strength.

Brown and Dixon are liabilities, they fumble too much and cant bounce it to the outside to pick up extra yards when theres nothing up the middle. they are "downhill runners" who can be effective in space, but we don't commit to using them like that because, sadly, freddy is the better back. but its time to stop looking at having "the oldest running back in the nfl" as a good thing. we need young, powerful backs that can pick up frist downs on 3rd and 1. has ANYONE stopped to criticize the running backs for the fact they cant get first downs on third and short? its hackets fault that out of 4 rbs, NONE of them can pick up first downs consistently in those situations???! COME ON!

With a defense like we have we should be a running team. Even a 3 and out on offense can take 2-3 minutes off the clock if you run the ball 3 times. I know "marty ball" is despised, but if you have a strong defense, ball control becomes paramount. run/pass/pass is a terrible game plan, and one we should move away from next season.

i love freddy as much as the next fan, but he needs to become a positional coach. this team needs to run the ball, and it doesnt matter WHO our qb is.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                  Call me crazy... but I'm starting to think its our running backs holding us back--not qb play.

You're crazy lol. I agree the rb's could be upgraded. OL and QB are bigger issues.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Cutler has Forte, Marshall(until last week), Bennett and Jeffery and he still can't win. I fail to see how coming to Buffalo would change that. He is what he is. A guy who puts up incredibly inflated stats because his team is always playing from behind.

Would he make Buffalo a playoff team? Maybe. Is his salary worth it? Hell no.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      You're crazy lol. I agree the rb's could be upgraded. OL and QB are bigger issues.
                      Agreed. QB and OL are whats holding this franchise back right now. RBs are a dime a dozen these days, if you have a good line, you can trot anyone out there at RB basically and be fine with it. Especially since most backfields have two guys that are capable.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

I really don't get all this Banter about Cutler really. He's too much of a screw up and not enough of a threat. I would be willing to bet if Michael Vick was on this team we would already have 10 or 11 wins. Before the disgusted dog lovers revolt let me remind you the guy has got talent and he's a constant threat on the field...plus he adds an entire dimension to our running attack. Micheal Vick fits on this team and he's a competitor. He also needs money is aging and wants to shine. We should have went after him before and we certainly should do so now....

Comment

• WagonCircler
                          Escaped Convict
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                          1. We don't want Cutler
                          2. We want Hughes back
                          FU. What's with the "we" ****, Miagi? You got a mouse in your pocket?

This just in, you don't speak for anybody.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                            Cutler has Forte, Marshall(until last week), Bennett and Jeffery and he still can't win. I fail to see how coming to Buffalo would change that. He is what he is. A guy who puts up incredibly inflated stats because his team is always playing from behind.

Would he make Buffalo a playoff team? Maybe. Is his salary worth it? Hell no.
                            He also has a horrible OL, which he would be getting here this year, but hopefully not next. The Bears defense is HORRENDOUS. They give up an average of 30 points a game. So right off the bat they are asking their QBs to score 31+ and are playing from behind, which I think is a big factor is his turnovers. Forcing throws and doing too much because the Bears are always trailing.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                              He also has a horrible OL, which he would be getting here this year, but hopefully not next. The Bears defense is HORRENDOUS. They give up an average of 30 points a game. So right off the bat they are asking their QBs to score 31+ and are playing from behind, which I think is a big factor is his turnovers. Forcing throws and doing too much because the Bears are always trailing.
                              He turns the ball over way too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X