PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Vick

Typ0
12-19-2014, 09:57 AM
I just put it in the Cutler thread and think it deserves it's own. Oh my Fing God everyone is bantering on and on about Cutler when Vick is the perfect fit for this team!

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2014, 09:57 AM
Another crackhead.

Novacane
12-19-2014, 09:58 AM
He's washed up.

Typ0
12-19-2014, 09:59 AM
He's older Novacane. Certainly not the player he was in his youth....all he needs is to understand that though. I'm not saying he's going to come in here and be the Vick of old but we need a guy with talent and smarts that can win football games...and when Vick is on a competitive squad he's a winner.

Typ0
12-19-2014, 10:00 AM
I will say one thing though ... he should have been our QB last year and this year as well while Manual was maturing not kevin frigging Kolb. So what if the NFL wanted him somewhere else. You still apply pressure and make the aggressive play. I feel this team is too damn good to be floundering around for talent at the QB spot. This is a team that can compete with any other at any time with better coaching and better quarterbacking. Hell marrone is a great coach if someone else manages the game!

Novacane
12-19-2014, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't be against bringing him in cheap to compete. I don't want them putting all their eggs in a Vick basket though.

Joe Fo Sho
12-19-2014, 10:02 AM
He's older Novacane. Certainly not the player he was in his youth....all he needs is to understand that though. I'm not saying he's going to come in here and be the Vick of old but we need a guy with talent and smarts that can win football games...and when Vick is on a competitive squad he's a winner.

Until he breaks his leg Week 6.

I was the biggest supporter of Vick to the Bills after he was coming out of jail before signing with Philly. He's too old now, I'd rather stick with Orton and see if EJ can get better.

BuffaloRedleg
12-19-2014, 10:03 AM
I can't get on board with this one. He is not better than Orton, and arguably about as good as Manuel.

It's nice to be able to run but not being able to pass from the pocket at all makes you useless.

Typ0
12-19-2014, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't be against bringing him in cheap to compete. I don't want them putting all their eggs in a Vick basket though.

I agree with that whole-heatedly!!! It's all about the mixture you achieve not the individual ingredients. Why put our eggs in any one QBs basket for that matter?

Jaybird
12-19-2014, 10:05 AM
worth a try.. need to bring in as many Qbs as possible, till something works.. like Seattle did a few years back

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2014, 10:06 AM
He can't beat out Geno Smith. Enough said.

Typ0
12-19-2014, 10:06 AM
I can't get on board with this one. He is not better than Orton, and arguably about as good as Manuel.

It's nice to be able to run but not being able to pass from the pocket at all makes you useless.

RedLeg Vick is a perfect fit for this team right now. We have all kinds of skilled guys that need the ball. He's just another threat. We have a pocket passer who doesn't have time to get comfortable and do what he does. It's about what fits best not what any one player is. The other thing is the intangible that Vick brings. The guy wins ....

Typ0
12-19-2014, 10:08 AM
He can't beat out Geno Smith. Enough said.

because the team is horrible and they want Smith to play.

- - - Updated - - -

I really think the bottom line is Vick is such a better option than Cutler. Why do so many jump on the Cutler band wagon and Vick is not even mentioned?

Joe Fo Sho
12-19-2014, 10:09 AM
I agree with that whole-heatedly!!! It's all about the mixture you achieve not the individual ingredients. Why put our eggs in any one QBs basket for that matter?

Just because you mix different types of **** in a pot doesn't mean you come out with a decent stew. Unless you want to have a QB by committee, you have to pick one of these guys. I don't see how having them compete makes either of them better.

I've always liked the excitement Vick used to bring when he was on the field, but I didn't see any of that this year on the Jets.

Typ0
12-19-2014, 10:13 AM
the jets suck though ... we are a pretty damn good team without a quarterback.

Joe Fo Sho
12-19-2014, 10:16 AM
the jets suck though ... we are a pretty damn good team without a quarterback.

We're a team without decent pass protection too. I think that needs to get fixed before anything. I just don't see Vick as a better option than what's already on our roster.

Buffalo Thriller
12-19-2014, 10:20 AM
I just put it in the Cutler thread and think it deserves it's own. Oh my Fing God everyone is bantering on and on about Cutler when Vick is the perfect fit for this team!

http://media.giphy.com/media/VrSZDlpRaHYje/giphy.gif

TacklingDummy
12-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Might as well bring back Flutie and get the curse reversed.

justasportsfan
12-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Great. Replace talk about a Primma Donna with a qb who is a brittle version of Billy Joe Hobert.

Goodluck with getting Vick to prepare for a game even when its his best chance to get the starting job back. No thanks. I'll stick with EJ over Vick. At least EJ is willing to study the playbook.

Typ0
12-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Great. Replace talk about a Primma Donna with a qb who is a brittle version of Billy Joe Hobert.

Goodluck with getting Vick to prepare for a game even when its his best chance to get the starting job back. No thanks. I'll stick with EJ over Vick. At least EJ is willing to study the playbook.

Then let them battle for the position. Hopefully EJ shows up ready to play. If not have someone here who can play ...

justasportsfan
12-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Then let them battle for the position. Hopefully EJ shows up ready to play. If not have someone here who can play ...

I'll keep Orton over Vick right now.

Typ0
12-19-2014, 10:43 AM
I'll keep Orton over Vick right now.

But then we need a monster OLine that we are never going to get. That's the problem ... Orton would be good enough back there if he could be a statue while he did it.

Mr. Miyagi
12-19-2014, 11:17 AM
RedLeg Vick is a perfect fit for this team right now. We have all kinds of skilled guys that need the ball. He's just another threat. We have a pocket passer who doesn't have time to get comfortable and do what he does. It's about what fits best not what any one player is. The other thing is the intangible that Vick brings. The guy wins ....
If you could imagine EJ Manuel with even less accuracy. That's Vick right now.

casdhf
12-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Vick is only playing for money right now. He doesn't give two ****s and it shows.

Typ0
12-19-2014, 11:47 AM
If you could imagine EJ Manuel with even less accuracy. That's Vick right now.

Well that has always been Vick in a sense...but the part of the imagination that you are wrong about is Vick knows more about what to do on the field. Manuel is clueless out there.

swiper
12-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Jeff Garcia is perfect for this team too!

Buffalo Thriller
12-19-2014, 12:01 PM
In all seriousness, I think we should give Brett Favre a call.

BertSquirtgum
12-20-2014, 12:32 AM

No he isn't. Mark Sanchez would be a way better fit than that old injury prone man.

Meathead
12-20-2014, 02:00 AM
yeah id rather have suckchez way over mexico

Historian
12-20-2014, 02:29 AM
Perhaps you didn't see the Jet game in Detroit....

BillsOverDolphins
12-20-2014, 04:49 AM
step away from the computer

djjimkelly
12-20-2014, 07:40 AM
i despise orton

and id rather see orton then vick.

i hated trent edwards and id champion a comeback from the trent tards before id like to see vick

Typ0
12-20-2014, 10:16 AM
No he isn't. Mark Sanchez would be a way better fit than that old injury prone man.

yes, he might be a better choice. Anyway, my point is really about the Jay Cutler love not Michael vick. If we are going to go after Cutler why not Vick who is probably a better fit for the team?

better days
12-20-2014, 01:46 PM
yes, he might be a better choice. Anyway, my point is really about the Jay Cutler love not Michael vick. If we are going to go after Cutler why not Vick who is probably a better fit for the team?

You have been told why by a number of posters.

But I do think I would rather have Sanchez over Orton or Cutler.

WagonCircler
12-20-2014, 02:36 PM

Flawed premise.

Stupid question.

Vick is not a better fit for ANY team. That's why he has twice lost his job to Curious ****ing George.

YardRat
12-20-2014, 03:25 PM
After all these years of suckitude at the QB position one would think it would finally sink in that somebody else's garbage QB isn't going to come here and all of a sudden turn into a consistent Pro Bowler or HOFer.