X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Our OL sets the tone for the O

Anyone notice how scared they play? From the first snap they looked terrified and it set the tone. On every sack or pressure it was a missed assignment, or total stupidity,. At no moment did the defender make a amazing play to get a sack or pressure, it was our OL.

On a play, Mack was double teamed by Urbik and Pears. Pears let hin go so he could take the blitzer. Henderson let go of Mack at that same moment and Mack got his sack. On screens our players are told to cut block CBs. WHY WOULD A 300 POUND MAN HAVE TP CUT BLOCK A 180 LB CB????

You see other teams, The OL doesnt ever engage on screens or leave their feet. They get in the way, they dont block, they just cause defenders to have to go around them. You see 50 yard TD screen passes where the OL doesmt block anyone. The RB just weaves around the blocker while defenders take themselves out of the play. You stay upright and cause a wall that the DBs go around. You dont fall and let them have a wide open angle to tackle.

My biggest issue is the OL. Orton makes throws that we havent seen in years, countless times hes made a 20-30 yard pass while getting nailed. We went 4 strait possesions of run run pass after Ortons Int, which was a good read just a amazimg play by Woody.

I like KO. And after reading fans of Rodgers and Peyton talking about how they wish they had Orton, i realize that its literally. impossible to be a QB that everyones on board with. Weve never had a QB that throws WRs open, and makes NFL caliber throws And there is only 5-6 QBs in the Nfl that throw the passes Orton does. Big Ben, Rivers, Peyton, Eli, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees. Every other QB whether its Dalton, Ryan, Cam. They never throw a pass unless the WR is open or its to a jump ball WR. Orton will see a defender who has their back turned and hell make the throw before they turn around. Or hell attempt back shoulder throws, even if our receivers and fans arent smart enough to see what Orton is doing. These are throws that the elite make, and no one even attempts these passesion their first year or two in the Nfl. It takes WRs knowing whats going on. The KC game Ortons issue was thinkong the WRs were more mature.He attempted 2 back shoulder throws to sammy and he didnt react the way he shouldve.

I think the biggest gripe people have is they see all 22 and all these players are open. But thats bc the D already starts reacting bc half of those all 22 passes are designed one read plays that people cant comprehend. Alot of his horrible passes are passes that a few weeks ago when woods was doing all those acrobatic catches, were the exact same passes, Woods just finally realized what he was doing and adjusted to it.

Remember how bad Brady looked this year when his receivers were young. and all those "horrible" passes that where actually the Wrs fault for not adjusting. Those arethe same passes our young WRs have issues with. Unless we have a full offseason where our WRs can practice these timimg routes, then we arent going anywhere with this Offense.
    Last edited by Cali512; 12-22-2014, 11:32 AM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: Our OL sets the tone for the O

The OL reflects their ball-less head coach.

The defense shows balls because Schwartz has some. Even if they're only tiny chihuahua balls that cling when he snips at Harbaugh's ankles.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

Working...
    X