X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • streetkings01
    • Jul 2006

Pay Dareus please!!!!!!!

Dareus yesterday proved he's the best player we have on defense. Once he went out with the knee injury he took the run defense and pass rush with him. He proved yesterday that he should be priority #1 regarding players on defense to re-sign. I like Hughes alot dont get me wrong, but our defense went from elite to average within 2 plays and it showed that Dareus is whats making this defense elite not Mario, Kyle or Hughes.........Mr. Big Stuff! Pay the man and see if you can get Hughes at $7-$8 per season , if not lock up Dareus and spend the money on the oline in free agency. I'm pretty sure we can plug just about any situational pass rusher in and get similiar pass rushing production.
    You can call me streetkings
  • Gibby
    • Jun 2006

Re: Pay Dareus please!!!!!!!

Why do I see a Pat Williams he's too old argument coming from the brass?

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
      HA. but isn't he 25?
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

at 24? WTF?

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
          Dareus yesterday proved he's the best player we have on defense. Once he went out with the knee injury he took the run defense and pass rush with him. He proved yesterday that he should be priority #1 regarding players on defense to re-sign. I like Hughes alot dont get me wrong, but our defense went from elite to average within 2 plays and it showed that Dareus is whats making this defense elite not Mario, Kyle or Hughes.........Mr. Big Stuff! Pay the man and see if you can get Hughes at $7-$8 per season , if not lock up Dareus and spend the money on the oline in free agency. I'm pretty sure we can plug just about any situational pass rusher in and get similiar pass rushing production.
          Has it been so long that we forgot about Mark Anderson was playing the "Jerry Hughes" role in 2012 and mustered 1 sack in 5 games.

Dareus is under contract for 2015, the question is do we give him a long term deal now or wait til next year? As I think everyone wants to keep Hughes but also wants to improve the offense but if we give Dareus a long term deal we might not be able to do it unless do some Saints like cap work like they did to sign Byrd.
          Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-22-2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Scikko
            • Dec 2014

i totally agree...dareus is the big factor in this defense. keep him is the first step. hughes and gilmour after. but i'd like to have all the def players again next year

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Let's review this in a year. We picked up his option, locking him in for 2015 so time is on our side.

He may cost more but he may be hurt in the meantime or do something dumb. We have other crying needs immediately, like QB and the OL.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

They should re-sign him, but what is the right time, IDK. They also should start looking for a viable replacement for Kyle Williams. The Bills have ridden that train for 9 years now. He's 31.

Latest on OT Kyle Williams including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

I do think our first pick in the draft, middle of the 2nd round should either go to the best O or D lineman available.

If we go O-line, we address our biggest need and if we go D-line, we continue to solidify. But we need to see what's available in FA and we need to be aggressive with both lines.
                  Last edited by jamze132; 12-23-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• dog14787
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Scikko View Post
                    i totally agree...dareus is the big factor in this defense. keep him is the first step. hughes and gilmour after. but i'd like to have all the def players again next year
                    When healthy and having Alonso back the Bills D is capable of greatness, no doubt about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X