PDA

View Full Version : 5 RBs that we could get

Cali512
12-23-2014, 09:21 AM
This is the perfect year to go out and get one of the top 5 RBs of the past 10 years. MJD probably could be had but hes under contract. Then there is Ray Rice, Gore, Peterson, and well Lynch but he wont come back. Out of the available i think that Gore is the best fit. Big strong pure power back who fights for every inch. Rice, Peterson than MJD would be my order

Night Train
12-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Dime a dozen. I prefer younger RB's with less wear and tons less baggage surrounding them.

Need OG's first.

Zero
12-23-2014, 10:20 AM
This is the perfect year to go out and get one of the top 5 RBs of the past 10 years. MJD probably could be had but hes under contract. Then there is Ray Rice, Gore, Peterson, and well Lynch but he wont come back. Out of the available i think that Gore is the best fit. Big strong pure power back who fights for every inch. Rice, Peterson than MJD would be my order

1) Ray Rice- looked done before the controversy. Now he's an unknown quantity having been out of football for a year and oh, and he carries baggage.

2) Peterson- obviously a great player who will command a high salary, comes with baggage and will likely want to go to a big market team- like the Cowboys.

3) Gore- near the tail end of his career. Sure he's still serviceable and productive but do we really need to invest money into an aging back and how is this an improvement over Fred Jackson?

4) MJD- this guy is done like Thanksgiving dinner. You can find a better running back practically anywhere.

Improve the line first- this should be the first order of business...

better days
12-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Screw getting any RB.

We NEED a QB & HC.

sukie
12-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Screw getting any RB.

We NEED a QB & HC.

This might well have been a thread about kickers we could get... Meh... Not a need

yordad
12-23-2014, 11:32 AM
Patterson if he comes at 4 mil. Otherwise mid round, or later, backs turn into studs all the time.

EDS
12-23-2014, 01:41 PM

Terrible idea.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Free agent halfbacks are one of the worst investments you can make. Peterson would be the only one I'd even take a look at (well, Lynch too but he wouldn't look back). I would be ok with a younger FA or adding a late round back to the 3 guys we have on the roster for next year.

Mr. Pink
12-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Just pick up an average run of the mill bulldozer half back...they're all over the place and are available every year.

In short yardage situations, instead of giving the ball to Fred to get pounded or to CJ to watch him dance like a fool, give it to the big guy and tell him his only job is to take the hand off, put your head down and go straight.

That's all this team really needs at the RB position anyway.

Mr. Miyagi
12-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Imagine Peterson to Indy. Great QB, plays on turf. He's what they're missing.

The Jokeman
12-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Imagine Peterson to Indy. Great QB, plays on turf. He's what they're missing.

Or AP in New England would be even scarier.

DynaPaul
12-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Who cares about backs? What OL can we get in free agency?

swiper
12-23-2014, 05:24 PM

Ray Rice sucked in 2013. You wanting him shows your lack of awareness to that.

And maybe there are some murders, felons, and child abusers that you overlooked.

Uncle Jesse
12-23-2014, 07:48 PM
I can't take this thread serious as you honestly suggested MJD as a possible option.

Typ0
12-24-2014, 05:13 AM
The only change this team needs at RB is an OLine that can get out and front and block.

Typ0
12-24-2014, 05:16 AM
Man if you put Spiller on a team that could open up holes for him as he's running east west the guy is going to have huge numbers. He frustrates us running all those yards for nothing but the guy is a great runner and he's got the patience to run all the way to the sideline looking for the right spot to burst up field. Look at what happens the few times that spot opens up. Gailey was right about Spiller he's a very special talent.

Don't Panic
12-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Rice and AP will play well again... especially AP. And while both of these guys are guilty of terrible things, neither seem to be "bad" people in terms of continuous practice. If you don't want them here then fine, but I would be willing to give both a second chance, especially with Spiller hitting the road, Freddy getting up there in age, and Brown not showing what was needed to give confidence that he can ever be the man. The rest of the guys aren't worth IMO due to lack of tread on the tire.