• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Orton to start vs New England

Per WGR.

It's pretty clear that if Marrone is retained, EJ is gone.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Orton to start vs New England

Not sure if that's pretty clear at all.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Orton is starting because if Manuel played and played well, somehow, it would make Marrone look stupid for not turning to EJ sooner while Kyle was struggling.

Comment

• WagonCircler
        Escaped Convict
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
        Orton is starting because if Manuel played and played well, somehow, it would make Marrone look stupid for not turning to EJ sooner while Kyle was struggling.
        First of all, that's bull****.

Second of all, even if it was not bull****, then by your logic, Marrone would continue that M.O. next year, and for as long as he's here.

EJ is worthless.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
          First of all, that's bull****.

Second of all, even if it was not bull****, then by your logic, Marrone would continue that M.O. next year, and for as long as he's here.

EJ is worthless.
          It's not bull...Orton the past few weeks has looked every bit as horrendous as Manuel did prior to being benched. If Manuel's talk of just letting it all fly on the field if he gets back out there is true and it actually works with some success, Marrone would like a complete and total fool for not going to him sooner. I'm not saying Manuel could go out and play a good game, I'm just saying anything is possible...EJ has had a good game here and there, if he had one of those Sunday it would bring up a lot of second guessing, likely all the way up to the new owner.

And I don't honestly know if EJ is worthless anymore. What Orton was before coming here and his first couple games here isn't who we saw on Sunday. What we saw Sunday and the past few weekends to be completely honest is a slower afoot version of EJ Manuel. I think coaching, or lack there of, has a lot to do with how absolutely horrendous the QBing looks.

Simply put EJ was completely ruined by an inept coach and even more inept offensive coordinator. Not that I think EJ wouldn't have been garbage either way but it's so easy to see the coaching has had a huge negative impact on his play and development at the NFL level.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

It's not bull...Orton the past few weeks has looked every bit as horrendous as Manuel did prior to being benched. If Manuel's talk of just letting it all fly on the field if he gets back out there is true and it actually works with some success, Marrone would like a complete and total fool for not going to him sooner. I'm not saying Manuel could go out and play a good game, I'm just saying anything is possible...EJ has had a good game here and there, if he had one of those Sunday it would bring up a lot of second guessing, likely all the way up to the new owner.

And I don't honestly know if EJ is worthless anymore. What Orton was before coming here and his first couple games here isn't who we saw on Sunday. What we saw Sunday and the past few weekends to be completely honest is a slower afoot version of EJ Manuel. I think coaching, or lack there of, has a lot to do with how absolutely horrendous the QBing looks.

Simply put EJ was completely ruined by an inept coach and even more inept offensive coordinator. Not that I think EJ wouldn't have been garbage either way but it's so easy to see the coaching has had a huge negative impact on his play and development at the NFL level.

You leave out the most likely scenario of all in your theory.

That they both suck.

EJ was a total reach in the draft and would likely have been a third rounder. He showed why last year and the beginning of this year.

Orton was on his couch eating Doritos until the last day of training camp.

They're both worthless, and no coach in the world can do anything to change that.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

I'm not surprised at all.

I hope Orton has the worst game of his career & Marrone is fired before Tuesday.

Comment

• sudzy
                • Apr 2013

The both suck and I hope they are both gone next year.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Pegula listens to WGR all the time.

He has to know the vast majority of the fan base want Hackett & Orton at the very least gone before TC starts.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Manuel will get the full 2015 preseason to show he's improved.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

Replacing Manuel with Orton was about replacing an inexperienced QB with a veteran... nothing more. Marrone realized he had a chance to do something now and that a vet gave him a better chance to do that. He's not going with Orton this week because he feels he gives him the best chance to win, not because he's afraid of admitting he was wrong. If he thought EJ was capable of playing better, he'd go with him.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        Manuel will get the full 2015 preseason to show he's improved.
                        Then there will be a new Head Coach in 2016 and a very high draft choice.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          Then there will be a new Head Coach in 2016 and a very high draft choice.
                          Why? Because EJ gets a CHANCE in PRESEASON to show if he has IMPROVED?

RIDICULOUS.

And I HOPE there is a new HC in 2015.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

You're reading too much into it. Orton is starting because Marrone has a job to save. If the bills beat the Pats everyone will say "DM can beat the pats so lets keep him" .If EJ was better in Marrones mind then he would start EJ because he needs to keep his job.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

I think both Manuel and Orton are fine back-up QBs.

Comment

Working...
                              X