X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

I Think The Pegula's Are Going To Clean House

New GM, new coach, and a new offensive staff.

No sense in waiting anymore. Darcy Regier may as well be Doug Whaley and Lindy Ruff is Doug Marrone.

I don't want to watch the 2015 season knowing the inevitable, another year of hope and dope at most.

Bill Polian becomes the next GM, again. If you don't believe that, all I have to say is Ted Nolan.

The Bills need something to sell next year, and bringing back Marrone and Co. with Kyle Orton and just a little more offensive line help isn't going to sell.

Doug Whaley failed when he drafted EJ Manuel, and he failed when he drafted Sammy Watkins because he did not turn out to be the difference maker for EJ Manuel nor the Bills playoff hopes. He also had a say in drafting CJ Spiller in the first round.

Doug Whaley's failure to address the Bills offensive line this past offseason (and others) was his most horrendous mistake of all.

I don't understand how Whaley could make such a huge investment in Manuel and not give him the best protection possible.

Whaley drafted a tackle in Cyrus Kouandjio in the 2nd round when they needed help at guard the most. "Interior lineman!" were screaming out loud to be drafted, and the best the Bills could do was draft Cyril Richardson in the 5th round.

Doug Whaley's gotta go.

Doug Marrone recently said that Leodis McKelvin, "Was having a Pro-Bowl year," until he got hurt. He also decided to bench Corey Graham, and Kraig Urbik for most of the season, couldn't handle Mike Williams, and punts on 4th and 1 when it matters most.

It's over. Lessons learned from the past. I'm sick of the Bills repeating the same old crap every year!

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a ducks....it sucks!

2 years of crap, and the only thing the Bills have to show for it is a respectable defense at best.

Jim Schwartz deserves another shot at being a head coach in the NFL. Will it be with the Bills?

If the Bills defense had an offense that could score touchdowns, we'd all be talking about how great the Bills defense is heading into the playoffs.

I think Bill Polian will agree with that and the team will go about trying to find the best offensive coordinator possible to help turn around an offense that hasn't been seriously relevant since Jim Kelly retired 18 years ago.
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: I Think The Pegula's Are Going To Clean House

I think you think too much.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
      • Sep 2004

Bill Polian would be great if this was 20 years ago. He's like 100, no thanks.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

What's going to sell the 2015 season?

Kyle Orton and a 2nd round guard?

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

There's people here that will be happy with that. That's the sad part!

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
            • Feb 2009

New GM, new coach, and a new offensive staff.

No sense in waiting anymore. Darcy Regier may as well be Doug Whaley and Lindy Ruff is Doug Marrone.

Big problem with your premise.. Pegula kept Regier and Ruff around a few years after he bought the Sabres

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

If they don't clean house...starting with Russ Brandon....I don't know how much time and emotion I will put into following them this coming year. The Bills needs a fresh new start to go along with the fresh new owners.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Whaley has made some good moves here. Jerry Hughes for one.

The kjuondo pick is mind numbing. He picked a player that every other team knew was an issue.

I'd keep Whaley, and fire everyone else except Shwartz. And than bring someone above Whaley who has a say.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

heres whats gonna happen: nuthin

thank god its the pegulas running the show and not you numnuts. marrone has certainly done enough to warrant another season. cleaning house now would be a foolish emotional response and terry is no fool. he gonna ride with the guys hes got at least another season

theres probably only a ten pcent chance hackett goes. hes basically marrones offensive assistant and theres little chance doug gives up that long relationship. i suspect they will make an example out of the oline coach morris and fire him but thats about it

and there is zero chance whaley is gone for a looong time. the bills invested heavily in getting him from an excellent steelers organization and outside of a questionably expensive investment in sammy hes generally done a very good job. they arent going to just flush that down the can

this is nothing like the sabres situation and terry showed patience there until it was obvious he needed to take action. the bills simply are not in that state and hes gonna do the smart thing, go for continuity and let them try to finish the job theyve started. personally im cool widat
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

Winning.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

The analogy of Regier to Whaley is not appropriate. Regier was a good GM and he built the team several times over...but situationally he burned some bridges with players over the years that was hampering his ability to bring in veteran talent to complete the puzzle. That's why he was let go. That is no where near the situation with Whaley and I don't expect his being let go.

I do hope the entire coaching staff is turned over though.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

They aren't going to clean house this off-season.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

Russ Brandon - "We didn't have a losing season last year."

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                            heres whats gonna happen: nuthin

thank god its the pegulas running the show and not you numnuts. marrone has certainly done enough to warrant another season. cleaning house now would be a foolish emotional response and terry is no fool. he gonna ride with the guys hes got at least another season

theres probably only a ten pcent chance hackett goes. hes basically marrones offensive assistant and theres little chance doug gives up that long relationship. i suspect they will make an example out of the oline coach morris and fire him but thats about it

and there is zero chance whaley is gone for a looong time. the bills invested heavily in getting him from an excellent steelers organization and outside of a questionably expensive investment in sammy hes generally done a very good job. they arent going to just flush that down the can

this is nothing like the sabres situation and terry showed patience there until it was obvious he needed to take action. the bills simply are not in that state and hes gonna do the smart thing, go for continuity and let them try to finish the job theyve started. personally im cool widat
                            Winning 8 games is NOT enough for Marrone to stay.

The Bills should have won 8 games LAST YEAR.

This year the Bills were SUPPOSED to make the playoffs.

Marrone FAILED.

Comment

• Dude
                              that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                              • Feb 2005

There is no correlation between Ted Nolan getting hired and Bill Polian returning as Bills GM. Pegula didn't hire Nolan, Pat LaFontaine did, and even then it was on an interim basis.

Comment

Working...
                              X