PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Predictions: Front Office and Coaching Staff

Don't Panic
12-24-2014, 04:45 AM
Creating this to keep track of everyone's bulleted predictions of the offseason. I'll do the same pre-free agency and pre-draft. Think of them as nice little reference points when people start saying the opposite a few months from now...

Brandon is taken out of football decisions altogether and becomes something along the lines of VP of Business Operations
the Pegulas bring in an established named to serve as an advisor on football operations
Whaley and Marrone keep their jobs... as does Hackett
Pat Morris is shown the door
Pepper Johnson gets a DC position elsewhere

Typ0
12-24-2014, 05:05 AM
I agree with the first two. On the third Whaley will keep his job but the entire coaching staff will be turned over.

swiper
12-24-2014, 05:22 AM
Creating this to keep track of everyone's bulleted predictions of the offseason. I'll do the same pre-free agency and pre-draft. Think of them as nice little reference points when people start saying the opposite a few months from now...

Brandon is taken out of football decisions altogether and becomes something along the lines of VP of Business Operations
the Pegulas bring in an established named to serve as an advisor on football operations

After what happened to Pettine, you'd better hope that Jim Schwartz is not offered another head coaching gig.

YardRat
12-24-2014, 05:41 AM
--Brandon will be relieved of some of his duties, and eventually leave on his own accord to another team or the league office.
--The Pegs will bring in a consultant, but it will be a temporary assignment to evaluate the organization only, not a full-time, long-term position.
--Marrone and Hackett stay, I hope Morris get's booted but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't...the current staff still have the crutch of 'lack of talent' at QB and Oline to excuse them.
--Schwartz will be considered for other HC vacancies, I just hope he doesn't take one.

One thing that I'd like to see happen, but probably won't, if Hackett stays is ditch Downing and bring in a vet coach with a track record as QB Coach/Ass't Offensive Coordinator to help out with play design, game-planning, and QB development...pay him like a coordinator to get him in.

Don't Panic
12-24-2014, 05:49 AM
After what happened to Pettine, you'd better hope that Jim Schwartz is not offered another head coaching gig.

Its going to take more than a year for Schwartz to undo the perception damage he did on his way out of Detroit.

tampabay25690
12-26-2014, 05:31 AM
No big changes will happen at all!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-26-2014, 05:57 AM
I'm not trying to be a smart ass with this, but I seriously think that NO changes will be made. No new QB brought in, no coaching changes. I just don't see it happening.

coastal
12-26-2014, 06:31 AM
The Bills sign Mike Iupati and Clint Boling, cut CJ Spiller, draft a RB in round 2 out of Eddie Lacy mold, restructure Mario and Russ Brandon is slowly minimized.

Historian
12-26-2014, 06:57 AM
One thing that I'd like to see happen, but probably won't, if Hackett stays is ditch Downing and bring in a vet coach with a track record as QB Coach/Ass't Offensive Coordinator to help out with play design, game-planning, and QB development...pay him like a coordinator to get him in.

Someone like a Sam Wyche?

better days
12-26-2014, 07:03 AM

Brandon has ALREADY been taken out of football decisions according to Pegula so that is not really a prediction.

It has been reported that the Pegulas plan to hire a consultant, so #2 is not much of a prediction either.

Whaley & Marrone have not gotten along since TC, so I predict one of them will be gone.

The futures of Hackett, Morris & Johnson depend on if Marrone is fired or not.

Novacane
12-26-2014, 07:09 AM
Everyone keeps their jobs. We finish 6-10 next season

GreedoII
12-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Marrone isn't Whaley's guy. He's Brandon's and it shows based on the disconnect they have. Brandon's mistakes need to be cleaned up and rectified. Fire Marrone and if they keep Whaley have him pick his guy since he's the GM and that's what a GM should do except in this stupid organization.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Someone on the offensive side of the coaching staff will be scapegoated to take the fall for that atrocious disaster we saw this year. Unfortunately it won't be Hackett so the offense will look just as horrible next year.

That's about the only move I can see happening.

Likely will be the o-line coach.