X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

How many of our fans watch other games

I ask this bc people are calling for Ortons head. Orton has made passes that we havent seen since Kelly and misses passes that we just spent 2 weeks seeing Peyton and Rodgers miss the same plays. People say Ortons pocket awareness is bad, everytime i watch Orton he moves up and around very well, the issue comes when he steps up and immediatley a guard wiffs and hes sacked. Almost every TD pass Orton has thrown as a bill, was the first time weve seen those passes from a bills QB in 20 yrs. Every horrible play that people mention by Orton is usually a designed play. Also that 3rd and one slide. I watched it for ghe first time recently. HE HAD NO CHANCE. As soon as he escaped everyone collapsed and he still had a good 3 yds. So im sorry but if we chasr this QB out of town ill be pissed. Hes not great, but he makes passes that honestly only the top 10 QBs will attempt. Your not gonna see the passes Orton makes frim the Cams, Daltons, Ryans of the Nfl
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: How many of our fans watch other games

Orton has been playing scared for the past half a dozen games.

That slide of his that came up 3 yards short is reflective of the fact he is afraid of being hit.

As such he has been throwing the ball sooner and sooner.

We will never be able to build a OL that will protect such an immobile QB as Orton.

Comment

• Homegrown
      Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
      • Jul 2008

What are these "other games " you speak of?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Kyle Orton has been in the league a long time (much of it as a backup), with nowhere near the success enjoyed by Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees or any other of the elite QBs.

There is a reason. HE IS NOT AN ELITE QB. He is not a franchise QB. He is not even a starting QB. He will never lead us out of the 15 year morass that we are in, no matter how good you think he is.

His release - along with the firing of Whaley and Marrone - heads my Christmas list.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
          My IQ Test results came back negative
          • Oct 2002

I watch red zone because I love outta the area. There is ZERO good nfl QB who doesn't have a great line. Brady Rodgers manning luck.. All have 5-7 seconds in the pocket even longer sometimes. Then they say "the secret to beating them is to get to them". In reality that's the secret to any qb. Put Brady or manning behind our line and they'd be half the QBs they are. I honestly bielive that

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
            I watch red zone because I love outta the area. There is ZERO good nfl QB who doesn't have a great line. Brady Rodgers manning luck.. All have 5-7 seconds in the pocket even longer sometimes. Then they say "the secret to beating them is to get to them". In reality that's the secret to any qb. Put Brady or manning behind our line and they'd be half the QBs they are. I honestly bielive that
            there is one exception; rapistburger. that line sucks donkey dick

or at least it had for years. it's improved considerably now
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
              there is one exception; rapistburger. that line sucks donkey dick

or at least it had for years. it's improved considerably now
              I always wonder how successful the Bills would have been if we jumped ahead of Pittsburgh by trading our 1st and 2nd to the Texans for that draft pick. The Texans would have jumped at the offer.

Lee Evans was a one trick pony and we traded up (with the 2005 1st round pick to Dallas) to draft Losman.

It was such a poor decision.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Is this thread a joke?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                  I always wonder how successful the Bills would have been if we jumped ahead of Pittsburgh by trading our 1st and 2nd to the Texans for that draft pick. The Texans would have jumped at the offer.

Lee Evans was a one trick pony and we traded up (with the 2005 1st round pick to Dallas) to draft Losman.

It was such a poor decision.
                  that draft still ticks me off.

He was a clear cut top 5 QB, who kept falling for reasons i can't grasp... We knew pittsburgh OR san francisco would have taken him and both were the 2 picks above us. there was a 3-5 team window which we could have traded up in, and we never pulled the trigger. It still infuriates me when i think about it. Especially since Jax was trying to trade their pick.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post

He was a clear cut top 5 QB, who kept falling for reasons i can't grasp... We knew pittsburgh OR san francisco would have taken him and both were the 2 picks above us. there was a 3-5 team window which we could have traded up in, and we never pulled the trigger. It still infuriates me when i think about it. Especially since Jax was trying to trade their pick.
                    I believe that was the season I lost faith in the Bills management and have not regained confidence in them since.

I forgot that it was more than simply the Texans at #10 that we could have traded with.

I bet we could have gone from 14 to 10 (the Texans pick) for a 3rd round pick.

To then trade next year's 1st round pick to draft Losman was plain stupid.

That was just arrogant. It said that we are smarter than other NFL teams when there was absolutely no evidence that we were.

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

This is why the bills will never have a good QB. Our fans no nothing about the nfl, and even Peyton the way he plays would nver get bills fans respect. Im sorry but if you hate Orton than you need to watch some Peyton games if you wanna see rediculously bad passes.
                      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                        This is why the bills will never have a good QB. Our fans no nothing about the nfl, and even Peyton the way he plays would nver get bills fans respect. Im sorry but if you hate Orton than you need to watch some Peyton games if you wanna see rediculously bad passes.
                        You should be ***** slapped with a Christmas Yuletide Log for using Orton and Peyton in the same sentence.

Is the point you are trying to make is that not every pass thrown by Peyton Manning is perfect?

OK.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post

Please stop comparing Kyle ****ing Orton to one of the best QB of all time. I tried to be nice the first time. You are making yourself look really stupid!

You do that then say the rest of us know nothing about the NFL. Give me a break! INSANE

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            You should be ***** slapped with a Christmas Yuletide Log for using Orton and Peyton in the same sentence.

Is the point you are trying to make is that not every pass thrown by Peyton Manning is perfect?

OK.
                            Peyton Manning throws bad passes. Kyle Orton throws bad passes. They are the exact same QB. Manning just has a great OL.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post

The reasons should be apparent now: he had character red flags and a tendency to hold the ball and take a lot of hits. He overcame them, but his career could have easily gone a different way.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X