PDA

View Full Version : Please sign my Peace treaty!

Novacane
07-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Can we put the Bledsoe arguement to rest for now.......................at least until the pre-season games start.

I know you think he sucks Wys.........I know some think he is great......and then theres the majority of us that think he is an above average good QB. Not great but not horrible either. NO one is going to change anyone's mind. Lets call a truce for a while. It's clutering up the main board. ANy takers?????????

The_Philster
07-19-2003, 05:28 PM
:wave:

Dozerdog
07-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Sure...i'm in!

venis2k1
07-19-2003, 07:20 PM
then what are we gonna talk about?

G. Host
07-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Last year he had 8 lost of 11 he made.
I am predicting 12 of 18 fumbles lost.

Novacane
07-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
then what are we gonna talk about?

How many yards will Josh Reed have this year

What ranking will the D have this year

Will GW keep his job after this year

Will Mcgahee play at all this year

Will the O-line improve a lot this year

Will Henry do better than last year

etc ....etc....etc......etc.............I think we have beat the Bledsoe thing to death......................

Michael82
07-19-2003, 09:35 PM
exactly, FTG! We have beat it to DEATH!!! :deadhorse

Judge
07-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
Last year he had 8 lost of 11 he made.
I am predicting 12 or 18 fumbles lost.

Now this is a valid area of concern! Good question, Host.

BillsFever
07-19-2003, 10:33 PM
What better free entertainment can you get online then reading Wys battle it out against 50 other members everday. I get tired just reading it, let alone being involved in it :eek:

LABillsFan
07-19-2003, 11:03 PM
:peacesign

G. Host
07-19-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Judge

Now this is a valid area of concern! Good question, Host.

With more carries he is likely to fumble more due to his style (changing of hands and physical hitting rather than avoiding) and physical attributes (small hands).

Maybe the new RB coach can help his technique but until he can prove he will not lose balls the defenses will be trying to rip the ball loose anyway they can.

Will Bills staff accept 12 of 18 fumbles in order to give Henry more yards? Will they hesitate to use Henry and use Gary in critical situations. Will a better blocking scheme help him fumble less? Will Henry be able to hold balls better with stronger arms?

I think Drew has reached his limit - Henry is the bigger question.

Stewie
07-20-2003, 12:19 AM
Henry will be fine. He cut back on fumbles during the second half... It was a technique issue, he'll get over it... big time...

The_Philster
07-20-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
What better free entertainment can you get online then reading Wys battle it out against 50 other members everday. I get tired just reading it, let alone being involved in it :eek:

I barely skim the threads myself...it's tiring.

WG
07-20-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Can we put the Bledsoe arguement to rest for now.......................at least until the pre-season games start.

I know you think he sucks Wys.........I know some think he is great......and then theres the majority of us that think he is an above average good QB. Not great but not horrible either. NO one is going to change anyone's mind. Lets call a truce for a while. It's clutering up the main board. ANy takers?????????

I don't think he sucks FtG!

But I also don't think he's above average either. I think he's average on a good day, below the rest of the time. Heck, my thread pointing out his last 12 games last year places him exactly there, so what's the beef! Actually, all this started as a result of a LOT of unnecessary heat that I took personally for that piece that I wrote defending Gray and the D.

So if you want to talk "Peace", then how about getting people to quit harassing me for defending the defense under Gray w/ the crap awful level of talent that he had last season while still playing well!

Wanna do that for me! ;)

Many say I'm "pessimistic" and "hammer on Drew" even though I didn't do that other than to contest the "facts" as presented by a CNN writer who apparently hasn't a clue! I would think that my challenge to a national level writer in defense of our coaches, Henry, and the defensive players would have been applauded, but I guess not!

I am a little tired of this blind giving of credit to Bledsoe however for "stuff that he never did."
I'm tired of hearing how we couldn't have beaten Houston, Chicago, Detroit, or Cincy last year when teams FAR WORSE than us, w/ or w/o Drew beat those very same teams!
I'm tired of hearing about all these team records of Drews, not one of which has to do w/ either scoring or scoring efficiency!
I'm tired of hearing about how 54 sacks and 18 TOs in 7 games were "really inconsequential" when if it were any other QB to play the game, the same people defending Drew would be all over that QB. Just look at Brady for cryin' out loud. He outperforms Bledsoe's career best this season and outplays him last year, and those same Drew defenders are quick to point out the "reasons and invalidations for Brady's kicking Drew's arse w/ the same exact players with which Drew couldn't do it!"
I'm tired of taking heat at the mere suggestion that Brown get some playing time in order for the team to evaluate him.

But you know what I'm tired of the most???

It's fearing that Drew's gonna play just as he has throughout his entire career and over the last 12 games of last season while the FO, media, fans, and anyone else continues to blame other aspects of team play just as they did in N.E. while we just go on losing games never really addressing the issues why we didn't win them simply b/c Drew's a nice guy and a good political leader on the field.

Do I hate him? No. As a person, and as I've said a million times before, I think he's tops. But clearly, unless you just shut your eyes and plug your ears and no nothing of QB play in football and ignore any reasonable standards of poor offensive performance, you have to acknowledge that there are more than minor issues w/ his play!

As to "Peace", I can't get any while I'm trying, so I figure why try!

And, why should I??? If I take equal heat regardless, then screw it! I may as well speak my mind openly, eh. ;)

So I'll do that henceforth. If you don't like it, too bad. It's a free board for all. I won't be unduly critical, but I will speak the truth.

And you know what's funny in all of this?

No one, not a single person says my facts, figures, stats, and other info is incorrect! Rather, all they do is to continue to insinuate that "I don't have a clue" or they make even more excuses that simply aren't true in addition to continuing to spout the others that have no basis either.

I can't be responsible for anyone who simply refuses to address the truth. I also have no problem standing up for the players and coaches who play their hearts out w/ less than adequate circumstances around them and still manage to perform to an above adequate level while everyone else continues to heap praise on less than average performance out of Drew with all the talent that a QB in the NFL could wish for around him!

Call me pessimistic, hateful of Drew, or a non-fan! But I refuse to allow others on this team, be it coaches or players, take the heat for losing games when an offense w/ two nearly all Pro WRs, a 1,400 yard RB, an excellent OL can't even put up more than 20 PPG among the league's worst offenses simply b/c of the TOs, sacks, and inadequate play that we're told wins games!

Can't do it!

:)

Michael82
07-20-2003, 07:41 AM
Wys...leave these threads alone if u are just going to keep beating the damn horse. I know you are trying to let your point get hammered into our ****ing heads...but it's driving me and many others insane. Let's just call a truce now. You quit the Drew bashing and we will quit the Wys bashing.

TigerJ
07-20-2003, 11:51 AM
How many yards will Josh Reed have this year: 1,123

What ranking will the D have this year: 8th

Will GW keep his job after this year: Yes

Will Mcgahee play at all this year: Yes (limited reps in late November and December - about 30 carries for about 130 yards)

Will the O-line improve a lot this year: Of course!

Will Henry do better than last year: Yes - fumbles cut in half and 1,600+ yards

OK, Now what do we talk about?

Dozerdog
07-20-2003, 12:05 PM
Wys's Weapons of Mass Discussion.

TigerJ
07-20-2003, 04:32 PM
BTW, I'm always peaceful.

Valerie
07-21-2003, 05:51 AM
I didn't bother to read anything in this thread, except the title and as I was skimming down, I saw a book of a post from Wys. :(

So much for your peace treaty, Fairway. :( It was a nice effort though! :)

I'm a peaceful person to and I don't get involved in any of the team bashing. I watch a game, comment on what I saw with my EYES, not what the numbers said at the end of the game, say my piece and then I'm done with it. I can't go on and on about something the way some of you can. I hate beating a dead freaking horse day in and day out like some of you can.

Anyway, good luck with your treaty, Fairway. I'll sign it too, but I don't think it's going anywhere. :(

JefftheBillsfan
07-21-2003, 07:16 AM
where do i sign?

THATHURMANATOR
07-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Never!

mackey789
07-21-2003, 11:37 AM
I think he must have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much time on his hands. He sounds almost as if he is obsessive compulsive. I definitely sign this!

Mom
07-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Wys's Weapons of Mass Discussion.

:lol:

LtBillsFan66
07-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Mom

:lol:

Mom, is that you? Why did you leave me in a dumpster when I was a baby?