PDA

View Full Version : Video Blog -- EJ VS Orton -- Agree or Not?

Mahdi
12-24-2014, 08:52 PM
http://youtu.be/zfs6eEm2kYs

Was posted Sep. 30th -- good foresight I suppose

YardRat
12-24-2014, 11:02 PM
He makes some valid points and observations that played out in the long run (this season), however...

1. I don't believe he actually watched three of the first four games, especially San Diego and Houston.
2. I don't agree the QB switch was a 'job preservation' move for Marrone.
3. He's a Bears fan that's obviously still butt-hurt from opening day, so he should spend more time on his own coach and QB situation after he eats a bag of dicks.

djjimkelly
12-25-2014, 07:40 AM
He makes some valid points and observations that played out in the long run (this season), however...

1. I don't believe he actually watched three of the first four games, especially San Diego and Houston.
2. I don't agree the QB switch was a 'job preservation' move for Marrone.
3. He's a Bears fan that's obviously still butt-hurt from opening day, so he should spend more time on his own coach and QB situation after he eats a bag of dicks.

sadly the guy called his shot , kudos to him.

and yes marrone is trying to preserve his job. its easy to see that now he is not trying to grow the bills franchise. its inexcusable that we dont know if ej is any good.

and those who say they have seen enough of ej. i say merry christmas hopefully santa brings you a brain this year

Typ0
12-25-2014, 08:30 AM
It is such a lame argument he's trying to preserve his job. Preserving his job is winning. So you are saying he should be trying to lose?????

djjimkelly
12-25-2014, 02:17 PM
It is such a lame argument he's trying to preserve his job. Preserving his job is winning. So you are saying he should be trying to lose?????

no im obviously not saying that.

look do i think that EJ would have went 9-7 or 10-6 no,

but i actuallly thought 7-8 wins. with what we saw out out of orton and EJ this year i dont think our overall record would have been any different.

i say hes trying to save his job because i dont think he was up to the on the job training. NO 2nd year QB plays perfect. he took this job knowing we are drafting a 1st round qb and changed the master plan to instead play a journeyman qb.

i think the move was a panic move after losing to 2 fringe playoff teams.

honestly i think its very sad marrone did what he did because have no answer on EJ . 2 seasons into this guys career we dont know anything. we dont get to see if he CAN or will improve.

just wait till 2015 and marrone shines up EJ and starts him week 1. we get to relive 2014

YardRat
12-25-2014, 03:49 PM
The thing is, inserting EJ into the starting line-up was a panic move to begin with, precipitated by Kolb's injury. Where EJ was for the last 12 games is exactly where he should have been relative to the original plan...learning behind a vet stop-gap.

Goobylal
12-25-2014, 03:55 PM
The thing is, inserting EJ into the starting line-up was a panic move to begin with, precipitated by Kolb's injury. Where EJ was for the last 12 games is exactly where he should have been relative to the original plan...learning behind a vet stop-gap.
EJ was at worst even with Kolb in training camp and outplayed him in pre-season. He would have won the job anyway. And Kolb getting injured was a given. Why they put their eggs in his basket, when he'd never shown an ability to stay healthy ever in the NFL, is anyone's guess.

YardRat
12-25-2014, 09:16 PM
EJ was at worst even with Kolb in training camp and outplayed him in pre-season. He would have won the job anyway. And Kolb getting injured was a given. Why they put their eggs in his basket, when he'd never shown an ability to stay healthy ever in the NFL, is anyone's guess.

Granted, Kolb was a high risk for injury, but I still think he would have been the starter Day 1 without it.

sudzy
12-26-2014, 05:05 AM
The reason the Bills have gone 15 years without making the playoffs isn't because the benched EJ. It's because they waste time drafting players like EJ. That was one of the worst QB drafts I have ever seen. To force a 1st round pick on a QB that would have been a 3rd rounder in a good QB draft was insane. Then to try a will him into being a franchise QB. Good teams don't do that. We already made a similar mistake 10 years ago with JP. Drafting a guy with all the physical tools without a good understanding of the mental side of the game. This team would have been farther ahead to drafted a good value pick at EJ's spot and drafted Bridgewater or Carr this year. A QB with a draft grade at least close to the round you draft him in.

better days
12-26-2014, 08:13 AM
IMO, Marrone made the right decision to sit EJ in favor of Orton for the Detroit game.

Marrone's mistake was to keep playing Orton.

EJ should have been put back in after the Patriots* game.

Now with NOTHING left to play for, not even the spoiler role, what point is there to play Orton this Sunday?

Goobylal
12-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Granted, Kolb was a high risk for injury, but I still think he would have been the starter Day 1 without it.
We'll agree to disagree. EJ outplayed him in pre-season and IMHO would have been named the starter. Given they both joined the team at the same time and Kolb was a veteran, you give the nod to the younger guy if it's close, and especially if the rookie looks better than the vet in (even pre-season) games.

The reason the Bills have gone 15 years without making the playoffs isn't because the benched EJ. It's because they waste time drafting players like EJ. That was one of the worst QB drafts I have ever seen. To force a 1st round pick on a QB that would have been a 3rd rounder in a good QB draft was insane. Then to try a will him into being a franchise QB. Good teams don't do that. We already made a similar mistake 10 years ago with JP. Drafting a guy with all the physical tools without a good understanding of the mental side of the game. This team would have been farther ahead to drafted a good value pick at EJ's spot and drafted Bridgewater or Carr this year. A QB with a draft grade at least close to the round you draft him in.
The problem is there were no great QB's in this past year's draft, and 2015 isn't looking so hot either. Maybe Derek Carr turns out to be something, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

The Doc
12-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Hey, did you guys see what this dude living in his moms basement said on YouTube?! Wow, it must be the gospel.