PDA

View Full Version : 2015 WJC

Ginger Vitis
12-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Nice goal by Jack Eichel in the shoot out against Finland.. Showed great spend and a quick release as USA beat Finland in the shoot out overtime.. Eichel also had a assist on the lone goal by USA in regulation

Ginger Vitis
12-26-2014, 07:59 PM
6-0 Canada over Slovakia with 3 minutes left in the 2nd period.. On Canadas 1st goal Sam Reinhart made a great play to dig the puck out of his skates and a no look pass to Robby Fabbri for a goal. Reinhart also had a assist on Canadas 5th goal.. Reinhart also just had a goal called off due to goalie interference.. Reinhart has definitely looked better tonight than any of the exhibition games.. The Reinhart/Domi/Duclair line is clearly the No.1 line right .now all 3 players have played great Mcdavid has no points so far. A couple of decent chances but the McDavid/Lazar combo havnt been clicking

Ginger Vitis
12-26-2014, 08:47 PM
The last 10 minutes of the Canada/Slovakia game Mcdavid showed his elite agility..skating..vision andpassing but could not bury his chances and he ends up with no points. Round 1 goes to Jack Eichel...Sam Reinhart finishes with 2 assists

JATMtheJATM
12-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Glad to see reinhart living up to his star billing.

coastal
12-27-2014, 10:01 AM
so far the best player on the ice has been Virtanen.

Hes ****ing awesome.

coastal
12-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Mcdavid with his first goal

Ginger Vitis
12-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Connor Mcdavid is off the schneid as he scores Canadas 1st goal(power play) against Germany.. Stationed at the side of the net he came out front with a shot and put in the rebound for the goal.. On Canadas 2nd goal(Power play).. McDavid again stationed just behind the net calmly fed Curtis Lazar in the slot for the goal.. It was McDavids speed that got Canada the power play as he had a full head of steam going up the ice and the german player tripped him.. 2-0 Canada over Germany after the 1st period

Ginger Vitis
12-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Sam Reinhart had one assist tonight a sweet wrap around backhanded pass to Max Domi for Canadas 3rd goal..Reinhart and his line weren't creating many chances the 1st 2 periods partly because Canada was shorthanded a lot the 1st 2 periods.. Reinhart got lots of playing time when Canada was shorthanded..

Connor McDavid had a assist on canadas 4th goal McDavid had 3 points tonight all on the power play as Canada beat Germany 4-0

coastal
12-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Fasching scored 2nd goal against Germans.

Looks like a Foligno clone.

Ginger Vitis
12-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Auston Matthews the projected No.1 pick in the 2016 draft had a tough game agasint the Finns but just scored USas 1st goal agasint Germany on a beautiful wraparound.. Hudson Fasching scored USas 2nd goal on a powerplay knocking in a rebound in front of the net... Noah Hanifin the projected No.3 pick in the 2015 draft is a fantastic skater and as good size 6'2 200 pounds and is every bit the defensive prospect Seth Jones and Aaron Ekblad are.. His nickname s the "eraser" It is a no brainer the Sabres should take Hanifan if they end up picking 3rd

The Oilers are a cluster****.. They did not loan Leon Draisatl to the german team for the WJC and then they healthy scratch him a day after the tournament starts

coastal
12-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Auston Matthews the projected No.1 pick in the 2016 draft had a tough game agasint the Finns but just scored USas 1st goal agasint Germany on a beautiful wraparound.. Hudson Fasching scored USas 2nd goal on a powerplay knocking in a rebound in front of the net... Noah Hanifin the projected No.3 pick in the 2015 draft is a fantastic skater and as good size 6'2 200 pounds and is every bit the defensive prospect Seth Jones and Aaron Ekblad are.. His nickname s the "eraser" It is a no brainer the Sabres should take Hanifan if they end up picking 3rd

The Oilers are a cluster****.. They did not loan Leon Draisatl to the german team for the WJC and then they healthy scratch him a day after the tournament startsthe oilers are guaranteed to finish in last spot.

I can't imagine McDavid or Eichel wanting to go there.

Agree with ith you about taking hanifan. Take the best player on the board and use your assets to trade for the right pieces you need to round out a complete team.

that being said... I'm a defense first guy and have no problem building the biggest, baddest and fastest unit in the NHL.

no problem with winning 3-2 games all year long.

JATMtheJATM
12-28-2014, 07:37 PM
the oilers are guaranteed to finish in last spot.

Agree with ith you about taking hanifan. Take the best player on the board and use your assets to trade for the right pieces you need to round out a complete team.

that being said... I'm a defense first guy and have no problem building the biggest, baddest and fastest unit in the NHL.

Defense and goaltending is sexy.

Ginger Vitis
12-28-2014, 07:49 PM
USA is looking more impressive against the Germans than Canada did...Very talented although a couple of players(especially Werenski) playing undisciplined.. I like Dylan Larkin he may be a better prospect than I gave him credit for.. Terrific penalty killer and does a lot of things well....Very Sam Reinhart like

Ginger Vitis
12-28-2014, 08:03 PM
Spiked is likely watching this game on TSN..He would be sickened if he had to listen to Dan Bylsma and Steve Mears on the NHL network? go on and on all game when Compher and Fasching are being discussed how loaded the Sabres are with prospects

coastal
12-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Germany looks tired.

Milano had a great period but left a pass or two out there that should have been made. It's only a game but I view that **** as selfish and hate it.

thats what I've been most impressed with about Eichel. Seems to be always looking to move the puck.

DetDannyWilliams
12-28-2014, 08:15 PM
the oilers are guaranteed to finish in last spot.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227332-This-draft-could-be-setting-up-like-the-1991-Lindros-draft-all-over-again!?p=4039470&viewfull=1#post4039470

Ginger Vitis
12-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Eichels hard work all game pays off with a goal.. He should probably also have 2 or 3 assists

DetDannyWilliams
12-29-2014, 07:59 PM
after the WJC are over can the Sabres bring back Reinhart or is he in the Juniors for good for this season? anyone know?

coastal
12-29-2014, 09:17 PM
He just got player of the game...

Ginger Vitis
12-29-2014, 09:56 PM
2 goals for Sam and he won just about every faceoff.. Sams best game at a WJC including last year

JATMtheJATM
12-29-2014, 11:22 PM
after the WJC are over can the Sabres bring back Reinhart or is he in the Juniors for good for this season? anyone know?

Until his season is over, he's back in juniors. Once it ends, he can go play in Rochester or buffalo.

Ginger Vitis
12-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Another good pass from Reinhart to Domi puts Canada up 1-0.. The Domi/Reinhart/Duclair line has been Canadas most effective line so far agasint the USA

Ginger Vitis
12-31-2014, 03:39 PM
Eichel gets a assist on the Power play..Anthony DeAngelo goal cuts caandas deficit to 2-1

Ginger Vitis
12-31-2014, 04:26 PM
Connor Mcdavids speed off the rush and driving to the net creates a rebound that Curtis Lazar knocks in 3-1 Canada

Ginger Vitis
12-31-2014, 04:51 PM
Hudson Fashing showed great patience to freeze the defender and slip it to larkin for the American goal 3-2 Canada.. 50 seconds left Sam Reinhart makes a great play to intercept a Deangelo pass and score a easy empty netter. 4-2 Canada.. Dylan larkin scores with 40 seconds left to make it 4-3 Canada.. Sam reinhart makes a great pass off the boards to set up Max Domi for a empty netter 5-3 Canada.. I don't get Thatcher Demko being named USA player of he game i t should have been Dylan Larkin..Max Domi Canada player of the game it j ust as easily could have been Sam Reinhart who had 1 goal and 2 assists

Ginger Vitis
12-31-2014, 05:25 PM
WJC OBSERVATIONS AFTER THE ROUND ROBIN
1. Somewhat disappointing McDavid and Eichel and Hanifan weren't as dominating todays game as the hype suggested.. Although in a tournamennt like this age and experience matters and they are 1 to 2 years younger than most.. Eichel was particularly quiet.. Just a small sample size of how tall defensemen with reach and are mobile like Canada has can shut down offensive firepower

2. 2 months ago thought maybe the Oilers brass and fan were regretting the Oilers taking Darnell Nurse ahead of Ristolainen..Other than a very stupid penalty that Nurse took today he has been fantastic.. Tall(6`5) and very mobile he has constantly neutralized opponents scoring opportunities and knows when to pinch at the right time.. I think he will have a similar career to Ristolainen

3. Watching this tournament makes me wish Darcy Regier had somehow acquired another 1st round pick in 2013.. That draft was called the best and deepest since 2003 and some of the 1st rounders in that draft in this WJC have been fanstastic.. Darnell nurse(Edmonton no.7) Max Domi(phoenix No,12) Josh Morrrisey (Winnipeg No.13) Realsitically Regier wouldn't have gotten another 1st rounder that was a top 12 pick but still very good players.. throughout that 1st round (Curtis Lazar No.17) Anthony Mantha(No,20) Shea Theodore (No.23) Nic Petan (No.43) Still one heck of a draft to have 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd Rounders like the Sabres did

4. Once Sam Reinhart starts his 10 to 15 year career in the NHL Sabres fans will almost never say `That was a dumb play by Sam` And they will appreciate he is a terrific penalty killer plays a ton shorthanded and is a guy you want on the ice the last minute of the game when your team is up by a goal and the other team has pulled there goalie.. And he should be a perrennial 60 to 70 points a season guy

coastal
12-31-2014, 09:22 PM
Reinhart has had a very impressive tournament

Faching looks to be a good 3rd or 4th line guy with penalty kill capabilities.

Compher hasnt shown much IMO

JATMtheJATM
12-31-2014, 11:31 PM
I think fasching has some top 6 potential.

coastal
01-01-2015, 07:08 AM
I think fasching has some top 6 potential.
To be top 6 you have to have something "elite", be it a shot, passing ability, hands.

i don't see that in him.

I Do see a really good hockey player. I actually view that as an undescribable skill. He was always involved in the play. I really liked him, but just not sure about top 6 if our goal is to have a really deep and talented team.

coastal
01-01-2015, 07:31 AM
All right guys... let's get a bit of a discussion going here with a few questions...

#1 who had been your favorite player on the ice and why?

#2 who is your least favorite player that has caught your eye?

#3 the choice is yours... Connor or Jack and why based on what we've seen in the WJC?

here are my answers...

#1 it's a toss up between Dylan Larkin and Sam Reinhart, but I'm going to go with Reinhart. There's been more of an urgency in his game than I haven't seen prior to this tournament. He's attacking and controls the ice when he's out there. The penalty killing is a bonus and his skating has improved since last year. Color me biased but another couple of years of physical and skill development and this kid has the makings of an elite 2nd line center, ala Patrice Bergeron. The difference between Patrice and Sam would be that Patrice's talents are shaded more towards the defensive end where I see a higher ceiling offensively with Sam (at least his passing ability and vision).

#2 Sonny Milano - now I know he's had some offensive production and has shown some sick hands, however I see some selfishness in his game. I also watched him bail out of a puck battle. My question is... are his other abilities so far up the spectrum that a team can stomach or compliment that kind of a player?

#3 Connor hands down. Eichel is the real deal and no question is a #1 center and future captain, but Connor is so fast, skilled beyond skilled, amazing... and young. He's a 17 y.o. kid for Christ's sake and dominating the junior hockey world. To me this is not even a question anymore. The ceiling on this kid is only going to be limited by injuries or something else totally unforeseen. I can't imagine any legit GM passing him over for Eichel.

JATMtheJATM
01-01-2015, 11:36 AM
To be top 6 you have to have something "elite", be it a shot, passing ability, hands.

i don't see that in him.

I Do see a really good hockey player. I actually view that as an undescribable skill. He was always involved in the play. I really liked him, but just not sure about top 6 if our goal is to have a really deep and talented team.

I disagree they need something elite. ButBcant be far from it.

Though, even Stafford has elite positioning, IMO.

Ginger Vitis
01-01-2015, 02:35 PM
1. Have to pick 2 players..Sam Reinhart and Max Domi..
2. Nick Ritchie.. Anaheim took him No.10 in 2014... Book on Ritchie was he is big 6'5 230 pounds and skates well.. Your typical prototype power forward.. However he was always seen as inconsistent and took dumb penalties. What has really annoyed me about him is he hasn't hit anyone in this tournament and has looked like a lazy slug. Seems like he expected Mcdavid to do all the work an set him up
3. Would still take Connor over Jack Eichel the skill is evident watching him play even though it hasn't paid of in enough production as Id like.. Ill give him a bit of a pass as he came into this tournament quite rusty having not played in 5 weeks

JATMtheJATM
01-02-2015, 08:24 PM
USA is done.

mightysimi
01-02-2015, 09:32 PM
As expected Canada spanks the Danes. Onto the Slovaks. I don't for a second think it will be an 8-0 game like last time. Russia vs Sweden is a pretty good match up but I think the Swedes are too good overall.

Ginger Vitis
01-04-2015, 07:05 PM
1-0 Canada over Slovakia after the 1st period.. McDavid with a assist.. Zach Fucales save percentage for the tornament is around .990.. Said it a hundred times will say it again why the **** did Regier pick Compher over Fucale in 2013.. Compher has the look of a prospect who will be a Johan Larssson type perhaps a 4th liner and Fucale could well be a top 10 goalie in the NHL eventually.. 5 years from now Sabres fans will be cursing Regier for this the way Bills fans curse Buddy Nix for taking TJ Graham instead of Russell Wilson

Ginger Vitis
01-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Beautiful cross ice pass from Mcdavid to Petan to give Canada a 2-0 lead.. The rust is wearing off for Mcdavid he is racking up the points.. 3 points against the Danes in the quarterfinals and now 2 assists against Slovakia.. 3-1 Canada after 2 periods..

JATMtheJATM
01-04-2015, 08:11 PM
I agree on passing on fucale.

Ginger Vitis
01-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Sam reinhart had one of his no look OMG passes that Duclair couldn't bury with a wide open net..Duclair makes up for it minutes later with a drive to the net and putting off the Slovaks goalies pads and into the net..Reinhart with the assist.. 4-1 Canada.. The Slovak goalie stoned Reinhart 2x point blank on Canadas 5 on 3 powerplay

Ginger Vitis
01-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Another sick pass from Mcdavid to Nic Petan for a goal.. 3 assists for Mcdavid tonight.. Murray needs to start trading Enroth..Stewart etc..etc.

JATMtheJATM
01-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Indeed. Let Hackett back up neuvirth.

Ginger Vitis
01-04-2015, 08:51 PM
I love playing the draft hindsight/do over game.. Not only should have Regier taken Fucale over Compher... He passed on Nic Petan twice to take JT Compher and Connor Hurley.. Petan looks like he could be the steal of the 2nd round in the 2013 draft..

MILF Rankings(Subject to change)
1. Nic Petans Mom
2. Max Domis Mom
3. Eric Comries Mom
4. Lawson Crouses Mom
5. Sam Reinharts MOM

JATMtheJATM
01-04-2015, 09:36 PM
I love playing the draft hindsight/do over game.. Not only should have Regier taken Fucale over Compher... He passed on Nic Petan twice to take JT Compher and Connor Hurley.. Petan looks like he could be the steal of the 2nd round in the 2013 draft..

MILF Rankings(Subject to change)
1. Nic Petans Mom
2. Max Domis Mom
3. Eric Comries Mom
4. Lawson Crouses Mom
5. Sam Reinharts MOM

Hurley is a curious prospect. Young kid, big body, learning the college game. A lot of scouts felt in most years, he would have been a late first rounder.

Ginger Vitis
01-05-2015, 04:51 PM
William Nylander (Toronto No.8 overall 2014) ends the tournament with 10 points.. Small 5'10 180 pounds very good skater and stickhandler he is very talented.. I don't like his game without the puck and he is below average defensively... Can be a puck hog at times.. Very polarizing player who doesn't strike me as gritty or will push hard in a NHL playoff when it becomes a battle of wills.. Should be able to get 55 to 60 points a year the Maple Leaf fans and Toronto media will end up having a love/hate relationship with him..Mostly hate

coastal
01-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Kessel deux

Ginger Vitis
01-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Josh Morrisey with a great pass up the ice to Connor Mcdavid who scores on a breakaway thru the 5 hole..3-1 Canada.. Sam Reinhart has won every faceoff he has taken this game don't think he has lost a faceoff in 2 games

Ginger Vitis
01-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Sam Reinhart gets Canadas 5th goal.. Cutting to the net he tipped Max Domis pass thru the Russian goalies 5 hole..

Ginger Vitis
01-05-2015, 08:01 PM
The wheels have come off for Canada.. Russia scores 3 goals in 3 minutes to cut the deficit to 1.. Reinhart takes a hooking penalty at the end of the 2nd period and Canada will have to start the 3rd period with there best penalty killer in the box..The Mcdavid line needs to generate offense in the 3rd period

Ginger Vitis
01-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Canada holds off Russia to win 5-4.. The last 5 minutes of the game Sam Reinhart was being double shifted.. Was on the ice almost the entire last 5 minutes.. In the last 40 seconds of the game Reinhart won 3 faceoffs in Canadas end...

I feel very confident in Sam Reinhart going forward.. Plays a very good 2 way game. Rarely makes mistakes.. Great penalty killer.. Very calm and cerebral almost always the smartest player on the ice... I think he can be a No.1 center in the NHL but a 1-2 combo of McDavid at No.1 and Reinhart the No.2 center would be one of the greatest things to ever happen Buffalo sports wise

coastal
01-06-2015, 04:46 AM
Canada holds off Russia to win 5-4.. The last 5 minutes of the game Sam Reinhart was being double shifted.. Was on the ice almost the entire last 5 minutes.. In the last 40 seconds of the game Reinhart won 3 faceoffs in Canadas end...

I feel very confident in Sam Reinhart going forward.. Plays a very good 2 way game. Rarely makes mistakes.. Great penalty killer.. Very calm and cerebral almost always the smartest player on the ice... I think he can be a No.1 center in the NHL but a 1-2 combo of McDavid at No.1 and Reinhart the No.2 center would be one of the greatest things to ever happen Buffalo sports wise
Or mcdavid on the wing...

mightysimi
01-06-2015, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the heart attack there players! Lol. I would be very happy with that pick. He is a stud and will only get better with more size.