PDA

View Full Version : This draft could be setting up like the 1991 Lindros draft all over again!

DetDannyWilliams
12-27-2014, 11:36 AM
it was back in 1991 when Eric Lindros was drafted in by the Quebec Nordique and he told the Nordique that he didn't want to play for them and if they did they would have to trade him well this draft could be the like the 1991 draft all-over again

Before TSN showed Team Canada mangled Team Slovakia on Friday at the 2015 World Junior Hockey Championships, they showed an interview with phenom center Connor McDavid. According to what "sources" told me, McDavid does not want to be drafted and play for an NHL team that intentionally tanks to get him

Actually the McDavid comments, provided they took place as I was told, raise an interesting question in my brain: Are the Oilers intentionally tanking this season?
Okay, here's the truth: The team is intentionally tanking, but I don't think there is a logical alternative. If the team from Edmonton has the chance to draft Mr. McDavid, management...whomever that might be...will need to explain a few cold, hard realities to him so he agrees to come here. I don't think he fully realizes what is occurring.
The Oilers, in theory, could do much immediately to improve their hockey team. I think they'd be moronic to deal Taylor Hall, as he's clearly their best player. But all of the other kids, especially Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Leon Draisaitl and Nail Yakupov, could be moved for players that are immediately better. And if the Oilers were to do that, they'd likely not finish at the bottom of the league, and would have less of a chance to draft McDavid. Counter-productive.

http://puckrant.com/index.php/component/k2/item/1604-mcdavid-fires-pre-emptive-strike-at-oilers