X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • black N yellow
    • Dec 2012

Polian coming back?

The silence has become deafening in Buffalo regarding the intentions of new owners Terry and Kim Pegula regarding the future of the franchise.

Some in league circles firmly believe that, as soon as Monday, former Bills G.M. Bill Polian could be returning to the team. It’s unclear what his role and duties would be; Polian and the Bills could try to engineer the job title and description in a way that doesn’t re-set the clock on his looming election to the Hall of Fame. Nominated for the first time in the new contributor category, Polian’s candidacy will be debated and determined on January 31.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Polian coming back?

As a consultant, sure, but he is way past his expiry date to be a GM.

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Team President.

A long overdue wrong will have been righted.

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
        As a consultant, sure, but he is way past his expiry date to be a GM.
        i beg to differ that he is expired. hes been working at espn its not like he has lost his contacts in football.

but like that article says he would bring his son along also so he would be team president and son GM. and id be willing to bet the senior polian would have alot of say

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Consultant...Yes. GM or President? No. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Polian is brought in given Pegula's penchant to latching on to history. Of course, hopefully it isn't to the extent where we go back to drafting guys like James Williams. One of the brighter spots of Polian's return would be whenever the trade to Watkins get brought up he could respond "Pffft...that ain't nuthin'. Wanna hear what I gave up for a LBer?"
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• pmoon6
            Legendary Zoner
            • Dec 2002

Hmmm. Talented people have expiration dates? Is he getting senile or suffering from onset Alzheimers?

Listening to him speak, I don't believe he's lost anything, he may even be wiser than he was in the '80's.

Of course, Americans like to dump on people when they get to a certain age.

We won't say Canadians because the one that posited this BS is dumber than a bag of rocks.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

If part of the deal is his kid comes with him, I'd pass completely.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Consultant...Yes. GM or President? No. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Polian is brought in given Pegula's penchant to latching on to history. Of course, hopefully it isn't to the extent where we go back to drafting guys like James Williams. One of the brighter spots of Polian's return would be whenever the trade to Watkins get brought up he could respond "Pffft...that ain't nuthin'. Wanna hear what I gave up for a LBer?"
                What an ******* you are.

Polar found more late round gems and stars from small schools than any other GM in the game, possible ever. He preside over the only real period of success the Bills have ever had in the NFL, and you piss all over him over one ****ing miss in the draft?

Unbelievable. My GOD you are an idiot.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                  Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                  • Feb 2013

"Jim Kelly is my QB and Marv Levy is the coach and if you don't like it you can get out of town!

Or something like that

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    If part of the deal is his kid comes with him, I'd pass completely.
                    I'd agree with you there.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

I'm not as big a fan of Polian as some. It's easy to forget all the bad things he did. And he did. But he is certainly much better than bringing back Stew Barber, Tom Donahoe or Marv Levy the GM.

Turning down Polian's input would be like throwing a hot woman out of bed for eating crackers.

Comment

• sudzy
                        • Apr 2013

Bill Polian has been GM for 3 teams. Two teams went to the Super Bowl and the third went to the NFC Championship game in only their 2nd year of existence. I realize that it's been a few years, but, I'd rather have his input then Brandon's.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

i think they keep the napster but id love to have battlin bill back in any role they want him in
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                            What an ******* you are.

Polar found more late round gems and stars from small schools than any other GM in the game, possible ever. He preside over the only real period of success the Bills have ever had in the NFL, and you piss all over him over one ****ing miss in the draft?

Unbelievable. My GOD you are an idiot.
                            Well, not to get into a pissing match, but one wide receiver from Kutztown may cement a reputation, but it doesn't prove consistency. Polian didn't whiff on more #1's because he traded them away, and didn't have them to use in the first place. He did have success building multiple franchises especially here in Buffalo, and that alone makes him a great choice for a consultant, but anything more than that is asking for a bit much.

That being said, my post was made with a touch of facetiousness, considering how some around here get their panties in such a knot over one or two draft picks not panning out IMMEDIATELY AND I MEAN RIGHT ****ING NOW!!! for the current regime.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Thoughts of this can end now.

"Polian on report he is joining Bills: 'It’s about as wrong as can be'"

Comment

Working...
                              X