PDA

View Full Version : Does This Game Matter At All?

BillsImpossible
12-28-2014, 10:15 AM
If the Bills win in New England and finish 9-7, many will say that the game doesn't really count because the Patriots have nothing to play for.

I don't buy that. You think the fans in New England are taking this game lightly?

Anyone who follows the AFC East closely knows that the Patriots NEVER take their foot off the pedal. I think Belichick approaches this game in the same way he normally would.

Tom Brady is starting the game and nobody would be surprised if he plays the entire game today because that's what the Patriots do - hate to lose.

Winning matters.

The Bills have a lot to play for, more than just pride.

If they win, it will be the first time the Bills have won in Gillette Stadium, built in 2002.

It will be the team's first winning record since 2004.

It means a lot to Marrone and Whaley.

A win today will save their jobs.

A bad, embarrassing loss today would matter.

If the Bills get blown out (for the first time this season) it will be an interesting Monday.

Jaybird
12-28-2014, 10:20 AM
without the first round pick, i think the game is even more important. We need some confidence against the Pats (draft position in round 1 doesn't matter).

The Jokeman
12-28-2014, 10:24 AM
I know everyone keeps saying it and it's starting to sound cliche but if Marrone's going to change the culture of the locker room. Yes, this game is important. I mean if the Bills can find a way to beat the Patriots today, even with a lesser lineup, it might break the mental hurdle that the Patriots are unbeatable. It will also give us a positive outlook going into the offseason which can only help team morale and possibly influence UFA coming here. As maybe it may let an UFA think the Bills were just 1 win at making the playoffs, maybe I can be that difference maker.

BillsImpossible
12-28-2014, 10:37 AM
I don't think any player or coach on either team is taking this game lightly.

NFL is all about momentum, and keeping it by winning. The Patriots never take a game off.

If the Bills take this game off, we all know what that means.

BillsImpossible
12-28-2014, 10:49 AM
without the first round pick, i think the game is even more important. We need some confidence against the Pats (draft position in round 1 doesn't matter).

If the Patriots do rest many of the starting players, and the Bills lose to backups...the Browns get the 15th or 16th pick in the first round.

If the Bills win, the Browns get the 19th or 20th pick. That's a big difference to Doug Whaley.

YardRat
12-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Yeah it matters because they need to make up for running for the bus a week early against Oakland. I want to see a team take the field that still feels they have something to prove, even if there is nothing to gain.

You learn to win by winning, plain and simple, and that's a huge part of the culture change everybody is expecting, and was promised.

pmoon6
12-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Every game matters and players that go half speed tend to get injured.