PDA

View Full Version : How come the Giants can get Beckham to ball?

Novacane
12-28-2014, 02:43 PM
12 more catches today for 185 yards. They threw to him 21 freaking times. He has 60 catches the last 6 weeks! We can't even get Watkins 33 more yards after the first drive catch to get him over 1000 yds. We targeted him 5 times.

Is he that much better than Sammy Watkins?

Is Manning that much better than Orton?

Are Hackett and Marone that bad?

I think it's mostly choice 3.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-28-2014, 02:47 PM
They have a guy with Manning blood line throwing the ball

The Jokeman
12-28-2014, 02:48 PM
12 more catches today for 185 yards. They threw to him 21 freaking times. He has 60 catches the last 6 weeks! We can't even get Watkins 33 more yards after the first drive catch to get him over 1000 yds. We targeted him 5 times.

I posted this elsewhere, Beckham had 21 targets in today's game alone by contrast Sammy had 19 targets in the last three games combined. I do think Eli is better than Orton.

kingJofNYC
12-28-2014, 02:53 PM
Because the Giants realize who their best player on O is and target said player. The Bills throw flat passes to Lee Smith, or run up the gut for 1 yard. We waste more plays on O than just about any other team in the league.

Beckham's a stud though, the guy is a tremendous route runner, more advanced than Sammy in that area, but Sammy is a stronger guy as evidenced by that catch against Revis. We don't target Woods enough either. We're a mess on O.

GvilleBills
12-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Because the Giants realize who their best player on O is and target said player. The Bills throw flat passes to Lee Smith, or run up the gut for 1 yard. We waste more plays on O than just about any other team in the league.

Beckham's a stud though, the guy is a tremendous route runner, more advanced than Sammy in that area, but Sammy is a stronger guy as evidenced by that catch against Revis. We don't target Woods enough either. We're a mess on O.

^^^For the win

YardRat
12-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Whaley made the move to get the offense a dynamic playmaker, and the offensive geniuses on this team don't know how to get him the ball.

Daddy bought them a brand new Lamborghini but they can't run it past the end of the driveway without getting lost.

Novacane
12-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Whaley made the move to get the offense a dynamic playmaker, and the offensive geniuses on this team don't know how to get him the ball.

Daddy bought them a brand new Lamborghini but they can't run it past the end of the driveway without getting lost.

They took it to the garage and had it governed lol

chris66
12-28-2014, 04:11 PM

The good thing for the rest of the division is that Marrone will be back next year

EricStratton
12-28-2014, 04:16 PM
The Giants stopped caring about winning about a month ago and have targeted him 15+ times a game since. They have said publicly the goal is Offensive ROY and a ProBowl for him.

SpikedLemonade
12-28-2014, 04:18 PM
The Giants stopped caring about winning about a month ago and have targeted him 15+ times a game since. They have said publicly the goal is Offensive ROY and a ProBowl for him.

AND a repeat fantasy football championship for me.

EricStratton
12-28-2014, 04:38 PM
AND a repeat fantasy football championship for me.

An added benefit

Mr. Pink
12-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Because they actually throw him the ball?

Watkins had FIVE targets all day today.

Completely unacceptable.

Fixxxer
12-28-2014, 04:47 PM
They were trailing by one point today and they already had already thrown the ball 30 times, all of that before halftime. That's crazy. Point taken with Sammy but it's healthy to get everyone involved in an offense. Come clutch time I wish they target him more.