PDA

View Full Version : The only change that needs to happen...

coastal
12-28-2014, 02:44 PM
A legit offensive coordinator with a history of running a producing power running attack.

If Marrone wants to fall on the sword for Hackett, then he can go too. Give the team to Schwartz at that point.

Whoever the new coordinator is... give him two new offensive guards who can move people and stop A-gap blitzes.

With the defense as it stands... and Kiko coming back, a legit O-Coordinator armed with two new offensive guards gets us wins against Oakland, Texans and the Chiefs.

12-4 and AFC East Champs.

Novacane
12-28-2014, 02:45 PM
If Marones not forced to fire Hackett he's not going to.

Don't Panic
12-28-2014, 02:48 PM
I agree with the sentiment that we need to become a power running game given the fact we pretty much know what we're going to have at QB next year. We still need a #1 to play in front of Freddy and Dixon as well... Brown did not look the part this year. Then again, maybe with vastly improved run blocking they all look a heck of a lot better. Happily, it seems there are some relatively easy fixes to this... assuming we take care of business on the OL in FA.

coastal
12-28-2014, 02:50 PM
then screw him... this is a Superbowl caliber defense. Give the team to Schwartz if he wants to be an idiot about it.

All we need is an offense that can chew clock and wear teams down.

This team can win the ****ing Bowl with a a few key moves. A legit OC who can actually COACH along with a couple of olinemen is all it might take.

Pegs can win a Bowl in his first full year as owner. The opportunity IS right now.

coastal
12-28-2014, 02:52 PM
I agree with the sentiment that we need to become a power running game given the fact we pretty much know what we're going to have at QB next year. We still need a #1 to play in front of Freddy and Dixon as well... Brown did not look the part this year. Then again, maybe with vastly improved run blocking they all look a heck of a lot better. Happily, it seems there are some relatively easy fixes to this... assuming we take care of business on the OL in FA.agree we need a 1st 2 downs back. Use our 2nd or 3rd round pick to find the smartest one of the bunch.

chris66
12-28-2014, 03:05 PM
they could be sb bound, but choke every game that matters

Don't Panic
12-28-2014, 03:07 PM
agree we need a 1st 2 downs back. Use our 2nd or 3rd round pick to find the smartest one of the bunch.

Todd Gurley would look pretty good in a Bills uni... too bad he will be gone by the time we pick.

Night Train
12-28-2014, 03:14 PM
9-7 may be the best they can do with this crew.

Still skeptical that we've been conditioned to settle for minimal expectations and treat the team more as an entertainment venue.

YardRat
12-28-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm taking the best C or G available in the second round. If TJ Yeldon is there in the third I'm sprinting to the podium.

swiper
12-28-2014, 03:18 PM
A legit offensive coordinator with a history of running a producing power running attack.

If Marrone wants to fall on the sword for Hackett, then he can go too. Give the team to Schwartz at that point.

Whoever the new coordinator is... give him two new offensive guards who can move people and stop A-gap blitzes.

With the defense as it stands... and Kiko coming back, a legit O-Coordinator armed with two new offensive guards gets us wins against Oakland, Texans and the Chiefs.

12-4 and AFC East Champs.

You are wrong as usual. If one change was to be made it is, by far, most important to upgrade the QB position.

BuffaloRedleg
12-28-2014, 03:18 PM
I don't see how this team would compete for a SB without better play at the QB position. It's not just the line or the OC, it's just plain old fashioned poor QB play.

The Jokeman
12-28-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm taking the best C or G available in the second round. If TJ Yeldon is there in the third I'm sprinting to the podium.

Josue Matias is the guy I'm targeting in Round 2. Also let Hairston walk and sign Jeff Linkenbach in UFA as he is a decent tweener OT/OG that might help or give someone like Willie Colon a one year deal to man RG.

The Jokeman
12-28-2014, 03:28 PM
I don't see how this team would compete for a SB without better play at the QB position. It's not just the line or the OC, it's just plain old fashioned poor QB play.

Did you watch today's game? Why did Brady struggle? I say it's because he was missing starting O-lineman and two of his best receiving targets in Edelman and Gronk. Now I'm not putting Orton in Brady's class but can see that the Bills offensive weapons outside of Watkins and Woods are true starters. Freddie is now at best a two down RB and/or a third down guy. Boobie and CJ are okay change of pace guys but rather let CJ go. I can go on and on about our TEs being inferior.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2014, 04:48 PM
When is everyone gonna figure out that running the football in today's NFL simply does not matter. You just have to do it enough to keep a defense honest.

This team needs a new OC, first and foremost. One that actually calls a game in tune with today's NFL and plays to win, not plays not to lose. The Head Coach coaches not to lose but you can't fire him after a 9-7 year but you can fire the OC who was completely inept.

For as long as Hackett is here, I don't think it matters who you put behind center. Because Kyle Orton was turned into a slower afoot version of EJ Manuel after his first few games.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you watch today's game? Why did Brady struggle? I say it's because he was missing starting O-lineman and two of his best receiving targets in Edelman and Gronk. Now I'm not putting Orton in Brady's class but can see that the Bills offensive weapons outside of Watkins and Woods are true starters. Freddie is now at best a two down RB and/or a third down guy. Boobie and CJ are okay change of pace guys but rather let CJ go. I can go on and on about our TEs being inferior.

Brady struggled?

It sure as hell looked like New England didn't give a crap about any facet of the game today.

sudzy
12-28-2014, 05:08 PM
You are wrong as usual. If one change was to be made it is, by far, most important to upgrade the QB position.

Hey, I never thought of that. How do you plan on doing that with the rejects that will be available and no 1st round pick? There is a very strong possibility we might have to go into next year with crap at QB again. Then building a power running game might be the best shot.

stuckincincy
12-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Hey, I never thought of that. How do you plan on doing that with the rejects that will be available and no 1st round pick? There is a very strong possibility we might have to go into next year with crap at QB again. Then building a power running game might be the best shot.

Might be.