PDA

View Full Version : The Bills went all season without a player rushing for 100 yards

imbondz
12-28-2014, 08:24 PM
for only the fourth time in team history and first since 1979.

not surprising when the OC likes to call back to back to back running plays up the middle for 1 yard. but also speaks to our sketchy O-line.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-28-2014, 08:35 PM
for only the fourth time in team history and first since 1979.

not surprising when the OC likes to call back to back to back running plays up the middle for 1 yard. but also speaks to our sketchy O-line.

nothing I have seen more points to the awfulness of this front 5 than this statistic. Wow

GingerP
12-28-2014, 08:42 PM
They also had 5 different players catch 40 or more passes, which is pretty remarkable.

The Bills offensive struggles can be summed up in 2 stats (going into this week): 25th in 3rd down conversions (defense was #1), 31st in Red Zone offense. Struggles in the run game were a big part of both, though.

YardRat
12-28-2014, 08:48 PM
That's almost as bad as KC going all season without a passing TD to a wide receiver...almost.

imbondz
12-28-2014, 08:53 PM
That's almost as bad as KC going all season without a passing TD to a wide receiver...almost.

agreed. that's crazy

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Remember when fletch predicted how awful our d stats would be at the end of the year after playing 3 hall of fame qbs? Right after we would move to Toronto and bon jovi would buy the team. God it's great he's wrong more often than not

coastal
12-28-2014, 08:57 PM
That's shameful

cookie G
12-28-2014, 09:12 PM
i had read where they scored 7 or fewer 2nd half points in 8 games. I counted 7.

To me, that's not RBs, or O-line, or QB.

That's game planning, a limited playbook, inability to make adjustments, and playing ultra conservative in close games.

I'm sorry..I don't know why the offensive braintrust is entitled to another year.

jimmifli
12-28-2014, 09:34 PM
i had read where they scored 7 or fewer 2nd half points in 8 games. I counted 7.

To me, that's not RBs, or O-line, or QB.

That's game planning, a limited playbook, inability to make adjustments, and playing ultra conservative in close games.

I'm sorry..I don't know why the offensive braintrust is entitled to another year.

They took a Superbowl caliber defense and missed the playoffs with it. The fact that they sucked less than usual has no bearing.
I'm ready for the Gym Shorts era.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Who cares about 100 yard rushing days? It's a pointless milestone that matters more for fantasy football than regular football. The team rushing numbers are what matter and that's where we fell down.

BertSquirtgum
12-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Remember when fletch predicted how awful our d stats would be at the end of the year after playing 3 hall of fame qbs? Right after we would move to Toronto and bon jovi would buy the team. God it's great he's wrong more often than not

Where has that moronic Canadian been?

RedEyE
12-29-2014, 05:03 AM
IMO, this is the biggest indicator into what was wrong with this offense. The YPC was there but the play calling was pathetic never allowing the running game to fully develop. Granted there were injuries, F Jax rapidly aging and Spiller regressing, but the opportunity was there and abandoned quite early in the season. It's a shame really. If the Bills could have sustained a few more drives with a better running scheme....not look so one dimensional...saving Orton from having to scramble or help the line on the ongoing pass block.....it could have been the one thing to help put this team over the edge. The offensive game plan was pathetic most of the year. It was sophomoric and incredibly easy to read.

I miss Gailey's offense. It was maybe too imaginative at times, but it feed the player's strengths.

Historian
12-29-2014, 11:29 AM
It's an ironic stat considering this franchise is one of the greatest running teams in NFL history.