PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Watkins tells it like it is.

Bunion
12-29-2014, 10:04 AM
https://twitter.com/buffalobills

"Watkins: "We have a team that can make it to the championship. The defense has been great, it's time for the offense to step up"

".<s>@</s>sammywatkins (https://twitter.com/sammywatkins): "I would have - should have - had a 1,200- or 1,300-yard season based on the film ... I'll come back prepared"

Forward_Lateral
12-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Maybe spend less time being a pussy and more time working on your game.

Guy seems to have a 10 cent brain.

Joe Fo Sho
12-29-2014, 10:08 AM
"If I had a competent QB, I'd be as good as Beckham. I promise."

casdhf
12-29-2014, 10:11 AM
He would be All Pro if he had a good QB.

Novacane
12-29-2014, 10:13 AM

What? What examples of Sammy being a pussy can you cite? Where do you come up with he doesn't work on his game enough? The 10 cent brain part is ridiculas.

Luisito23
12-29-2014, 10:23 AM
What? What examples of Sammy being a pussy can you cite? Where do you come up with he doesn't work on his game enough? The 10 cent brain part is ridiculas.

LOL...What a dumb ass post.

Forward_Lateral
12-29-2014, 10:32 AM

Yes, it's ridiculas. Right.

Sammy seems to stub his toe almost every game. He seems fragile, IMO. He has also dropped way too many passes, and has grown alligator arms on multiple occasions.

As for his 10 cent brain, I was purely speculating. It might be 25 cents.

DesertFox24
12-29-2014, 10:35 AM
He played with bad ribs and pulled groin all year, he is a very tough guy. Now we can argue the merits of his comments but I want a number 1 that is confident he is the best in the business and hopefully he works on his game and with whomever we bring in to be QB this offseason.

jamze132
12-29-2014, 10:35 AM
I like to hear that Sammy says he'll be more prepared next season. He really did put up some solid numbers for a rookie WR with no QB or O-line.

But looking back at last years draft, he wasn't or ever will be worthy of the infamous trade. The WR class was too deep for us to trade the future. Hindsight is alwasy 20/20 though...

Novacane
12-29-2014, 10:39 AM

Sammy seems to stub his toe almost every game. He seems fragile, IMO. He has also dropped way too many passes, and has grown alligator arms on multiple occasions.

I guess we weren't watching the same guy. Or maybe you just want to deflect any blame for a bad offense away from your boy Orton.

djjimkelly
12-29-2014, 10:44 AM

his hairdo told us he has a 10 cent brain

Forward_Lateral
12-29-2014, 10:49 AM
I guess we weren't watching the same guy. Or maybe you just want to deflect any blame for a bad offense away from your boy Orton.

Orton isn't my boy. He was just the best QB the Bills had.

You obviously weren't watching the same games, because Watkins looked lackadaisical, lazy and gassed many times this season.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Maybe if he got more than 5 targets a game he could have put up better numbers.

Historian
12-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Did he break 1000 yards?

Mr. Pink
12-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Did he break 1000 yards?

Nope. 982.

BLeonard
12-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Maybe if he wasn't busy looking at the jumbotron, celebrating a TD before he actually scored, he'd have had some more yards and at least one more TD...

-Bill

Yasgur's Farm
12-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Is this an actual quote from Sammy? If not... Please edit this post.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2014, 11:44 AM

Maybe if he was targeted as much as Beckham he'd be as good too. :rofl:

Joe Fo Sho
12-29-2014, 12:03 PM

I think I'm passed the deadline for editing.

But do you really think he'd be stupid enough to say that?

Novacane
12-29-2014, 12:12 PM
Orton isn't my boy. He was just the best QB the Bills had.

You obviously weren't watching the same games, because Watkins looked lackadaisical, lazy and gassed many times this season.

Obviously

imbondz
12-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Let's complain and hate on our best offensive weapon!

YardRat
12-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Sammy had a really good year, best ever for a Bill's rookie receiver. I hope he realizes he's just scratching the surface, can always learn and work to be better, and approaches the rest of his career that 'it' isn't ever really good enough. That's the kind of stuff that gets one into the HOF.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."---Vince Lombardi

pmoon6
12-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Sammy had a really good year, best ever for a Bill's rookie receiver. I hope he realizes he's just scratching the surface, can always learn and work to be better, and approaches the rest of his career that 'it' isn't ever really good enough. That's the kind of stuff that gets one into the HOF.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."---Vince LombardiYes, but the douchebags that call themselves Bills' Fans think every player should be perfect...... even though they are not worthy of sniffing the jockstraps of practice squad players.

jlgarsh
12-29-2014, 08:57 PM
I like the fact that when he posted about the offense, he stated that he needs to be more prepared, and that the offense needs to improve. He wasn't pointing the blame anywhere else.

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2014, 09:04 PM

These posts make it seem like you have a 1 cent brain.

Bunion
12-29-2014, 09:12 PM

It's a bad joke. Google that quote and the only hit you get is Jo's post in this thread.

TacklingDummy
12-29-2014, 09:25 PM
TacklingDummy tells it like it is, I'd rather have our 1st and 4th round picks next year and 1 of the many other rookie WR that out performed Watkins this year over Watkins.

Lexwhat
12-29-2014, 10:51 PM
TacklingDummy tells it like it is, I'd rather have our 1st and 4th round picks next year and 1 of the many other rookie WR that out performed Watkins this year over Watkins.

You have also hated the Dareus pick for many years, and IMO, he has now developed into nothing worse than a Top 5 DT in this league. Although I may agree with you on many of our other draft picks, it's simply unreasonable not to give Sammy Watkins another 1-2 years to showcase his true talent. He may be worth two 1st rounders in the long run.

The only rookie WR that has clearly had a better season is Beckham. Otherwise, it's too early to say anything right now.

The Jokeman
12-30-2014, 08:04 AM
You have also hated the Dareus pick for many years, and IMO, he has now developed into nothing worse than a Top 5 DT in this league. Although I may agree with you on many of our other draft picks, it's simply unreasonable not to give Sammy Watkins another 1-2 years to showcase his true talent. He may be worth two 1st rounders in the long run.

The only rookie WR that has clearly had a better season is Beckham. Otherwise, it's too early to say anything right now.

Mike Evans had a better statiistical year than Sammy too. That said I think Sammy is as good as these two guys talent wise or maybe better.

Joe Fo Sho
12-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Mike Evans had a better statiistical year than Sammy too. That said I think Sammy is as good as these two guys talent wise or maybe better.

I agree, which makes the trade up for him an even worse decision.

better days
12-30-2014, 09:12 AM

And the Bills had no shot at Evans or any of the other TOP WR's in the draft except Beckham at their draft spot.

Joe Fo Sho
12-30-2014, 09:25 AM
And the Bills had no shot at Evans or any of the other TOP WR's in the draft except Beckham at their draft spot.

How would you envision the draft playing out if the Bills didn't trade up to grab Watkins?

1 - Houston - Jadeveon Clowney
2 - St. Louis - Greg Robinson
3 - Jacksonville - Blake Bortles
4 - Cleveland -
5 - Oakland -
6 - Atlanta -
7 - Tampa Bay -
8 - Minnesota -
9 - Buffalo -

TacklingDummy
12-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Let's complain and hate on our best offensive weapon!

Posters have been doing that since Fred Jackson has been here.

The Jokeman
12-30-2014, 05:32 PM
How would you envision the draft playing out if the Bills didn't trade up to grab Watkins?

1 - Houston - Jadeveon Clowney
2 - St. Louis - Greg Robinson
3 - Jacksonville - Blake Bortles
4 - Cleveland - Khalil Mack
5 - Oakland - Sammy Watkins
6 - Atlanta - Jake Matthews
7 - Tampa Bay - Mike Evans
8 - Minnesota - Anthony Barr
9 - Buffalo - Eric Ebron

The Jokeman
12-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Posters have been doing that since Fred Jackson has been here.
because what have we won with Freddie? No offense but as good as a story as he is Freddie is an average running back in this league. We might think he's special because he's a great story but judging by his numbers he's maybe a 3rd tier RB in the league.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2014, 06:17 PM
because what have we won with Freddie? No offense but as good as a story as he is Freddie is an average running back in this league. We might think he's special because he's a great story but judging by his numbers he's maybe a 3rd tier RB in the league.

And it continues...

The Jokeman
12-30-2014, 06:29 PM
And it continues...
I get why people love Freddie as he's the type of guy you want in your locker room and can do a lot of the field but it doesn't mean he's a great RB. I know that RBs are products of their environments but consider this, Marshawn Lynch has had 54 rushing TDs since leaving the Bills, Freddie has had 25. While yes Freddie is splitting carries with Spiller but for his career he's only had one 1,000 rushing season . I've always likened Fred to Chris Warren of the Seahawks as in he's good but far from elite.

YardRat
12-30-2014, 06:39 PM
I can't envision any of the other receivers having any better of a year than Watkins had if they ended up in Buffalo instead. The other three may be leading after the first 2K, but this is a marathon, and we'll see who ends up on top in the end.

The Jokeman
12-30-2014, 06:42 PM
I can't envision any of the other receivers having any better of a year than Watkins had if they ended up in Buffalo instead. The other three may be leading after the first 2K, but this is a marathon, and we'll see who ends up on top in the end.

I could debate Evans might have ended with more TDs than Watkins because he's bigger and arguably a better red zone target but on the whole thing you make some valid points.

pmoon6
12-31-2014, 01:32 PM
because what have we won with Freddie? No offense but as good as a story as he is Freddie is an average running back in this league. We might think he's special because he's a great story but judging by his numbers he's maybe a 3rd tier RB in the league.:rofl:

jamze132
12-31-2014, 01:39 PM

You're right, the other top WRs in the class probably would have been just as successful in Buffalo as Sammy is. But then, we'd still have a very good young WR AND a flippin 1st rounder!

jamze132
12-31-2014, 01:41 PM

30 other teams would have loved to have Fred Jackson because the guy is a gamer.