PDA

View Full Version : Are their any Lucks in the draft this year?

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2014, 12:24 PM
I don't follow college ball so I'm curious. If there are any in the relative ball park, I'd seriously consider trading some key players and package them up with a draft pick or two to move up and get him. And if there isn't a Lucky junior coming out the following year, then that means there's NO answer at QB for at least 2 years, which by that time the D is going to be different.

So, IMHO, they should really bet the farm (what's left of it, anyway) and go for it.

But, of course if there's no one Lucky in the draft, then forget it obviously.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-29-2014, 12:30 PM
The short answer is no. The long answer is no, and we couldn't afford him if there was.

Joe Fo Sho
12-29-2014, 12:47 PM
There has only been one 'Luck' type QB in the draft since Peyton Manning, and his name is Andrew. Because of our draft position, we have to hope there is a 'Wilson' in this draft.

As far as I've heard from the draft gurus, there is not a franchise QB in this draft. Take that for whatever you think it's worth.

Frank Stallone
12-29-2014, 12:48 PM
As is often the case, the Bills should have drafted a QB last year. But don't be surprised if they reach on someone in the draft because they "have to."

The wheels on the bus go round & round, round & round, round & round...

Ed
12-29-2014, 01:51 PM
If a team had the opportunity to draft another Andrew Luck-like prospect, why would they trade that pick away? Even if a team just drafted a young qb, they would just trade away the other qb and take the next Luck.

It's no different than trying to trade for Andrew Luck himself. No matter what the Bills offered they would never trade him away.

CoolBreeze
12-29-2014, 02:20 PM
If a team had the opportunity to draft another Andrew Luck-like prospect, why would they trade that pick away? Even if a team just drafted a young qb, they would just trade away the other qb and take the next Luck.

It's no different than trying to trade for Andrew Luck himself. No matter what the Bills offered they would never trade him away.

In a world where Wayne Gretzky was traded anything's possible

CoolBreeze
12-29-2014, 02:24 PM
With no 1st round pick this year. The real question is are there any stud QBs that will be coming out of the draft in 2016?

SaviorEdwards
12-29-2014, 02:26 PM
I watch mostly college and I just don't see one...I know what people think of USC QBs going into the NFL but I like Cody Kessler...but he's only a junior and I bet he stays in school. As far as potential goes I would say Christian Hackenburg...he was a little shell-shocked this season but he could be a great one.

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2014, 02:51 PM
I watch mostly college and I just don't see one...I know what people think of USC QBs going into the NFL but I like Cody Kessler...but he's only a junior and I bet he stays in school. As far as potential goes I would say Christian Hackenburg...he was a little shell-shocked this season but he could be a great one.

Yeah looks like he staying put....unless of course Terry puts $20M into an offshore account for him. ;)

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-12-28/cody-kessler-southern-cal-trojans-nebraska-holiday-bowl-nfl-draft-returning-2015

YardRat
12-29-2014, 04:07 PM
This draft could make the EJ/Geno class look 'stocked'. There are, however, a plethora of good olinemen that will be available in the first three or four rounds.

DraftBoy
12-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Nope, Mariota is the clear #1 but he's got questions.

Connor Cook next year looks really good.

The 2017 class looks really strong right now. Lot's of young kids getting big time experience now.

better days
12-29-2014, 04:16 PM
In a world where Wayne Gretzky was traded anything's possible

Anything is possible in the NHL.

In the NFL, not so much.

The only time a HOF NFL player is traded is long after his prime.