PDA

View Full Version : Pagula Has Failed His First Test as New Owner

notacon
12-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Depressingly, Pagula has failed his first test as a new owner that wants to turn over a new leaf and get the Bills to be a bonafide NFL Franchise.

The simply awful press conference with Marrone and Whaley sealed the fate for the Bills for, probably the next decade.

Mediocrity rules!!!!

The ONLY press conference should have been Pagula announcing that the whole management team of the Bills, including Brandon and Whaley, are FIRED. The next sentence out of his mouth should have been that the whole coaching staff was FIRED.

I have never been so depressed as a Bills fan as I am today. I foolishly thought that a new owner would do the hard things that Mr. Wilson would never do, and dedicate himself to changing the sorry history of the sad sack Bills.

Terrible...just terrible. Shame on you Mr. Pagula.

Night Train
12-30-2014, 07:36 AM
That was the standard clean out day conference. I'll wait a bit before finalizing 2015 plans.

X-Era
12-30-2014, 07:39 AM
Yesterdays presser was a season wrap up and it makes sense that it was done by Marrone and Whaley.

Isn't it possible that Pegula is working in the background on some org changes and that it may not happen for a few days? It's not like hot names are being signed left and right. We have time.

I'm not going to judge Pegula as the owner until we see the results of next season. The team has a winning record for the first time in 10 years. It's not like we we're so horrible that change has to happen day one.

coastal
12-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Change your tampon.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-30-2014, 07:42 AM
Jeez, like firing the whole staff instantly makes the Bills a winner. Looks like the Steelers are the worst loser in NFL history as they have coaching/scouting staff changed numbers counted by a single hand.

Joe Fo Sho
12-30-2014, 07:43 AM
Depressingly, Pagula has failed his first test as a new owner that wants to turn over a new leaf and get the Bills to be a bonafide NFL Franchise.

The simply awful press conference with Marrone and Whaley sealed the fate for the Bills for, probably the next decade.

Mediocrity rules!!!!

The ONLY press conference should have been Pagula announcing that the whole management team of the Bills, including Brandon and Whaley, are FIRED. The next sentence out of his mouth should have been that the whole coaching staff was FIRED.

I have never been so depressed as a Bills fan as I am today. I foolishly thought that a new owner would do the hard things that Mr. Wilson would never do, and dedicate himself to changing the sorry history of the sad sack Bills.

This team has a top 5 defense and just finished with their first winning record since 2004. Why would you want to completely start over from scratch? That seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I have never been so depressed as a Bills fan as I am today.

This might actually be the least depressed I've been with the Bills in quite some time. We won a lot of games this year that the 'old bills' would have lost I think. Yes, we have a long way to go, but haven't we always? We're closer to a playoff team than we've been in a long time.

PS - Dude's name is Pegula, not Pagula.

Don't Panic
12-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Jeez, like firing the whole staff instantly makes the Bills a winner. Looks like the Steelers are the worst loser in NFL history as they have coaching/scouting staff changed numbers counted by a single hand.

Don't confuse him with the facts... the only thing that will appease half the Bills fan base is an emotionally inspired dumpster fire.

swiper
12-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Where is Cookie G to ask "who is Pagula?" :D

Novacane
12-30-2014, 07:52 AM
The players play hard from Marone. He led them to a winning season. There's things I don't like about him too but I have one question. Who are they going to get that's better? I'm not blowing things up for a hot coordinator that very well could end up a bust. What proven winner HC is available?

swiper
12-30-2014, 07:52 AM
The players play hard from Marone. He led them to a winning season. There's things I don't like about him too but I have one question. Who are they going to get that's better? I'm not blowing things up for a hot coordinator that very well could end up a bust. What proven winner HC is available?

Who is Marone?

Historian
12-30-2014, 08:08 AM
The Mens room ran out of paper towels during the Vikings game.

Fire the custodial staff!!!

bdutton
12-30-2014, 08:12 AM

Mediocrity rules!!!!

Orton is gone now. Take solace in that for now.

justasportsfan
12-30-2014, 08:16 AM

Talk about fail. Who is Pagula?

The King
12-30-2014, 08:17 AM
The question is… How's Pegula doing?

Dr. Who
12-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Off topic, but where are Trapezius and Fletch? They both seem to have disappeared. Hope this isn't a Reichenbach Falls situation (google Sherlock Holmes and Moriarity.)

sukie
12-30-2014, 09:52 AM
This team has a top 5 defense and just finished with their first winning record since 2004.

I have been conditioned to think 7-9 was a winning record and 8-8 would be a dynasty on the horizon.

cookie G
12-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Where is Cookie G to ask "who is Pagula?" :D

Who's Pagula?

One of the Watson brothers?

Joe Fo Sho
12-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Who's Pagula?

Yeah, he's Stewie's brother, the guy we traded up for. We should've just waited and let Otis Beckman fall in our laps.

cookie G
12-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Yeah, he's Stewie's brother, the guy we traded up for. We should've just waited and let Otis Beckman fall in our laps.

Excuse me, I have to go read the thread about whether we bring back Bill Pullman.

HAMMER
12-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Pegula isn't that hard to spell, WTF?

Blowing it all up would be monumentally dumb, the coach has the locker room, we have a top 5 defense. Whaley has done a solid job, but the jury is still out there with Manuel and Watkins. He has found some real studs at LB which 90% of this board whined about for the previous five years, he found quality safeties to replace Byrd, he made a trade for Jerry Hughes that ended up being a heist. The coffee is brewing, don't pull the plug on the percolator.

sukie
12-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Pagula is the way it's pronounced with thaaat heavy WNY aaaccent.

better days
12-30-2014, 10:30 AM

Blowing it all up would be monumentally dumb, the coach has the locker room, we have a top 5 defense. Whaley has done a solid job, but the jury is still out there with Manuel and Watkins. He has found some real studs at LB which 90% of this board whined about for the previous five years, he found quality safeties to replace Byrd, he made a trade for Jerry Hughes that ended up being a heist. The coffee is brewing, don't pull the plug on the percolator.

As much as I hate Hackett & know we will be stuck with him as long as Marrone is HC, I have to give Marrone some credit.

No doubt there are worse Coaches out there.

But as Hackett said of EJ..."Sometimes it is good to sit back & decompress."

I think that is what Hackett needs. Bring in someone to teach Hackett the ropes of being an NFL OC.

GvilleBills
12-30-2014, 10:49 AM
A complete unraveling of the management isn't called for.
Hackett and Morris, Marrone too if he won't make the hard choice.

sukie
12-30-2014, 10:52 AM
I need to spell it P-A-G-U-L-A from now on since it irritates some here far more than it really should.

P-A-G-U-L-A... who's with me?

- - - Updated - - -

notacon
12-30-2014, 10:59 AM
That was the standard clean out day conference. I'll wait a bit before finalizing 2015 plans.

Hope you are right.

Yesterdays presser was a season wrap up and it makes sense that it was done by Marrone and Whaley.

Isn't it possible that Pegula is working in the background on some org changes and that it may not happen for a few days? It's not like hot names are being signed left and right. We have time.

I'm not going to judge Pegula as the owner until we see the results of next season. The team has a winning record for the first time in 10 years. It's not like we we're so horrible that change has to happen day one.

Hope you are right.

No. 50+ years of awful leadership makes a franchise as terrible as the Bills. Whaley, Brandon and Marrone are not the answers. Anyone with half a brain knows that to be true.

The Steelers are the epitome of a well run organization....the Bills are 180 degrees opposite.

This team has a top 5 defense and just finished with their first winning record since 2004. Why would you want to completely start over from scratch? That seems a bit ridiculous to me.

This might actually be the least depressed I've been with the Bills in quite some time. We won a lot of games this year that the 'old bills' would have lost I think. Yes, we have a long way to go, but haven't we always? We're closer to a playoff team than we've been in a long time.

PS - Dude's name is Pegula, not Pagula.

I guess you are easily satisfied. I am already sick and tired of this "first winning season record since 2004". It's bull****, and everyone knows it. The last game was a joke. If the Pat's even put forth a half hearted effort, they would have won going away.

The defense being "top 5" is because of the players, which will still be here. The biggest reason that the whole coaching staff should be replaced is BECAUSE we had a very good defense and still could not win the big games.

You want more of the same QB crap decisions? It is a FACT that the Bills have never made good decisions about QB's. Remember, Jim Kelly was not even their first pick in that draft, and then Wilson did everything in his power to not sign Kelly. It took the USFL folding for us to get the one great Qb we have ever had.

Can anyone seriously say that since the day Jim Kelly retired that the Bills have made ONE good decision concerning QB's??? The whole EJ - Orton debacle is the latest in a long list of total **** ups by the old Bills.

I want a new day. A REAL NFL football guy who can come in and shape this team to be a contender, year after year after year.

If anyone thinks that Brandon-Whaley-Marrone is the group to even sniff that kind of success, you should have your head examined for a brain because I doubt yours is very developed.

Don't confuse him with the facts... the only thing that will appease half the Bills fan base is an emotionally inspired dumpster fire.

Oh please. The FACT is that we have the longest streak for not making the playoffs. The FACT is that we have had more losing seasons than winning ones. The FACT is that the Bills are well known as having one of the worst organizations in the NFL.

Orton is gone now. Take solace in that for now.

That he was signed to the team, and elevated to starting QB is the biggest indictment against the jerks that put the team in that awful position. That would be Brandon-Whaley and Marrone. THEY are responsible for drafting EJ. THEY are responsible for giving away our first round pick next year in one of the worst draft day trades in the Bills history.

No...I am not taking any "solace" that Orton is gone. Any dope could see that he sucked.

Talk about fail. Who is Pagula?

Who's Pagula?

Oh, please. So I spelled the name wrong. Who gives a **** except little boys who think it's so funny to correct the teacher.

No. NOT blowing it all up would be monumentally dumb. The "locker room" is dictated by contracts and money. Don't kid yourself. I bet a dime to a dollar that more than half the team would LOVE to see real football people running this team. Why don't you think it's been so hard to get taller to come here?

The only thing that is "brewing" is more years of mediocrity and being an also-ran.

As wagon said (paraphrasing)....if you had your pick of people running this team, no matter the cost, no matter whom they have a job with now, would Brandon-Whaley-Marrone be anywhere NEAR the top of your list? Jesus. None of them would even BE on my list!!!

This organization has been BEGGING to be blown up for decades. The record speaks for itself.

bdutton
12-30-2014, 11:09 AM
http://www.protias.com/Pictures/Thread/Sandy%20Vagina.jpg

notacon
12-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Change your tampon.

http://www.protias.com/Pictures/Thread/Sandy%20Vagina.jpg

I guess you two deserve each other.

I give a legitimate and well thought out premise, and the two little boys are in the gutter. I guess it was silly of me to expect anything else from the immature.

Joe Fo Sho
12-30-2014, 11:48 AM
I guess you are easily satisfied. I am already sick and tired of this "first winning season record since 2004". It's bull****, and everyone knows it. The last game was a joke. If the Pat's even put forth a half hearted effort, they would have won going away.

We can only play against the players the other team fields. Should we get 2 wins because we beat the Packers who are really good and fielded their starters? I guess it only works one way and not the other.

The defense being "top 5" is because of the players, which will still be here. The biggest reason that the whole coaching staff should be replaced is BECAUSE we had a very good defense and still could not win the big games.

Schemes are important, at least I think so. Who's to say the next DC we have is going to put the players in the right position to succeed? I don't want another Wannstedt.

You want more of the same QB crap decisions? It is a FACT that the Bills have never made good decisions about QB's. Remember, Jim Kelly was not even their first pick in that draft, and then Wilson did everything in his power to not sign Kelly. It took the USFL folding for us to get the one great Qb we have ever had.

What...on earth...does this have to do with the current Front Office?

Can anyone seriously say that since the day Jim Kelly retired that the Bills have made ONE good decision concerning QB's??? The whole EJ - Orton debacle is the latest in a long list of total **** ups by the old Bills.

Signing Flutie was a good decision. Benching/cutting him was a bad decision, but you only asked to name one good decision.

I want a new day. A REAL NFL football guy who can come in and shape this team to be a contender, year after year after year.

Haha, you make it sound so easy. Can you suggest a name a "REAL NFL football guy?" You'd probably be the first one to call for the firing of this new front office/coaching staff after we go 6-10 next year.

If anyone thinks that Brandon-Whaley-Marrone is the group to even sniff that kind of success, you should have your head examined for a brain because I doubt yours is very developed.

Ouch.

Why don't you give us some suggestions on who would get this franchise over the hump. Someone as emphatic as you must have a plan in mind.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Without a mediocre QB the Bills won't win 9 games next year.

swiper
12-30-2014, 06:06 PM
I need to spell it P-A-G-U-L-A from now on since it irritates some here far more than it really should.

P-A-G-U-L-A... who's with me?

- - - Updated - - -

Pollack

swiper
12-30-2014, 06:07 PM
I guess you two deserve each other.

I give a legitimate and well thought out premise, and the two little boys are in the gutter. I guess it was silly of me to expect anything else from the immature.

They were trying to be cute and in a nice way tell you that you are a raving ****-cking idiot. That's what you are.

BillsImpossible
12-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Can't wait to dig this post up at this time next year.

YardRat
12-30-2014, 06:26 PM
I keep sayin', we need a Romper Room forum to lock up the whackos.

John Doe
12-30-2014, 06:51 PM

Mediocrity rules!!!!

What would you project the Bills' record to be this past season assuming that the coach was much better than Marrone?

BertSquirtgum
12-30-2014, 06:59 PM
My balls itch.

BillsImpossible
12-30-2014, 07:07 PM
My balls itch.

I prefer the pinch and roll method to relieve that.

Meathead
12-30-2014, 09:56 PM
maybe terrys been spelling it wrong all these years

DynaPaul
12-30-2014, 10:30 PM
It's only Tuesday, man we have some impatient people on here.

swiper
12-31-2014, 04:17 AM

And one thing Pegula has never done was act impetuously as an owner.

notacon
12-31-2014, 08:03 AM
We can only play against the players the other team fields. Should we get 2 wins because we beat the Packers who are really good and fielded their starters? I guess it only works one way and not the other.

Jesus. Of course the Bills can only play the teams on the schedule. What I am saying, and I suspect that you fully understand despite your silly response, is that holding up the "first winning season since 2004" as some kind of vindication for the stellar leadership of Whaley and Marrone is woefully and willfully dishonest. It matters what the situation is, especially at the end of the season. The last game was as important as the last pre-season game and it means NOTHING as to some kind of achievement and certainly does not mean they deserve to return.

Schemes are important, at least I think so. Who's to say the next DC we have is going to put the players in the right position to succeed? I don't want another Wannstedt.

This is what makes the difference between a good organization and a bad one. Right now, and over the last 55 years, the Bills have been a bad organization. A very bad one. PEgula has a chance to change that tradition of failure and incompetence by starting fresh.

What...on earth...does this have to do with the current Front Office?

Everything. The long, sad sack history of the Bills and QB decisions was amplified under Whaley and Marrone. Jesus. Are you really that steeped in defending Orton that you can't see this fact???

Signing Flutie was a good decision. Benching/cutting him was a bad decision, but you only asked to name one good decision.

Congratulations. :yawn: As far as decisions concerning QB's, you have picked one marginally decent one. No, signing Flutie was not a stellar decision, especially since it was followed by a monumentally stupid one. If you want to mark this as a "success" i guess you can do that. I'm not impressed.

Haha, you make it sound so easy. Can you suggest a name a "REAL NFL football guy?" You'd probably be the first one to call for the firing of this new front office/coaching staff after we go 6-10 next year.

No, your tunnel vision perceives dishonest interpretation of what I say. I never said it would be "easy". It is incredibly challenging. Not to even try has been the hallmark of the 55 years of Bills failures. (yes, we went to four Super Bowls...losing them all). Those that suppose what I would be "the first one to call"...etc...are woefully ignorant, and silly. Don't do that. React to what I actually write, not some prediction of what I might say if this or that happens. Those that do that are almost always wrong.

This thread is not about who that "real NFL football guy is" and I do not suppose that I am anywhere near qualified to be an expert on that. Neither is ANYONE on this board. What I DO know is the reality of how this organization has been run for 55 years, and was hoping that a new owner would being about the deep changes that need to be done.

Ouch.

Why don't you give us some suggestions on who would get this franchise over the hump. Someone as emphatic as you must have a plan in mind.

Why don't you just say that you think that the Brandon-Whaley-Marrone trio is THE BEST team to bring success to the Bills??? I don't. No one in their right mind would.

There is always a risk that making wholesale changes will be more harm than good. Sorry, but, in this case, I don't see how it can get much worse. Longest streak of non-playoff teams. Terrible QB situation in a league that REQUIRES a better than average QB to succeed. (And no, your lame reliance of passing yards to rate a QB, and a slightly less lame reliance on "passer rating" in a VERY lame attempt to defend one of the worst QB's in the league, Orton, is not credible).

It's not easy to get that franchise QB. Do you really believe that drafting EJ Manuel was a stellar move???? Even before he started playing in the NFL?? I sure didn't. Did you really believe that signing Kyle Orton in AUGUST (even though Kolb was known to be unable to play for about a YEAR) was THE stellar move??? I sure didn't.

The point is that something BIG MUST be done to bring the Bills out of the "one of the worst run franchises in the league" status. The rumors of bringing in Bill Polian is encouraging. The presser of Whaley and Marrone was not.

I can almost guarantee this. If no appreciable changes are done with the Whaley-Marrone regime, the Bills are not going anywhere. Bookmark this thread and let's take a look one year from now and see if your defending the status quo has paid off. I doubt it.

But, I do thank you for actually trying to put forth some relatively reasonable rebuttals instead of the immature and silly insults and stupid crap from too many posters. Sure, you still have to lower yourself to some immature insults, but, at least you made an attempt.

notacon
12-31-2014, 08:05 AM

Quick action would have sent out a very strong message to the whole football world that the new owner in Buffalo is serious about changing the sad sack history of the laughing stock of the NFL.

- - - Updated - - -

They were trying to be cute and in a nice way tell you that you are a raving ****-cking idiot. That's what you are.

This stupid post makes your attempt at a reasonable response moot.

notacon
12-31-2014, 08:07 AM
What would you project the Bills' record to be this past season assuming that the coach was much better than Marrone?

Impossible to say.

There have been so many years of bad decisions that mount up year to year.

EricStratton
12-31-2014, 08:35 AM
This is like Wys and Fletch all rolled into one

notacon
12-31-2014, 09:16 AM
And one thing Pegula has never done was act impetuously as an owner.

And that has not served him very well in the NHL. About half the teams make the playoffs in the NHL, yet, there have been three seasons where the Sabres have been left out in the cold. The three full seasons that PEgula has owned them.

swiper
12-31-2014, 09:26 AM
This is like Wys and Fletch all rolled into one

It's worse.

jpdex12
12-31-2014, 09:34 AM
This thread is a joke. We missed the playoffs which sucks because we shot ourselves in the foot but seriously, the first winning season in 10 years and meaningful games in late December and we have fans out there thinking like this? Morons!

Jan Reimers
12-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Russ Brandon will not be let go. He will stay to run the business, marketing, and administrative side of the operation, which is what he basically does now - very successfully.

John Doe
12-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Impossible to say.

There have been so many years of bad decisions that mount up year to year.

If it is impossible to say, then how can you contend that Marrone should be fired?

pmoon6
12-31-2014, 02:30 PM

Mediocrity rules!!!!

Terrible...just terrible. Shame on you Mr. Pagula.Not that we needed it, but more proof that you have a very small pea bouncing around in your cranium.

Dr. Who
12-31-2014, 03:56 PM
Not that we needed it, but more proof that you have a very small pea bouncing around in your cranium.

I appreciate a fellow who can insult with wit.

My favorite opening to a novel is P.G. Wodehouse's Leave it to Psmith:

At the open window of the great library of Blandings Castle, drooping like a wet sock, as was his habit when he had nothing to prop his spine against, the Earl of Emsworth, that amiable and boneheaded peer, stood gazing over his domain.

There are a lot of boneheads around here; can't say they are amiable.

ckg927
12-31-2014, 04:39 PM
Well, considering that Marrone has now decided to hit the eject button and leave the Bills, I think this thread has become COMPLETELY irrelevant.