PDA

View Full Version : Marrone: Coaching Staff Evaluations Will Take Two Weeks

DraftBoy
12-30-2014, 11:55 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/12/30/marrone-on-coaching-evaluations/

Bills head coach Doug Marrone and his staff just finished their exit interviews with all the players on Monday. Soon after the process of evaluating the job turned in by Buffalo’s assistant coaches will commence. Marrone laid out how that process will unfold.

“We’ll all get together and we’ll evaluate it,” said Marrone. “I’ll get all the information and that’s what we’re gathering right now statistically of that nature. There’s a lot that goes into an evaluation for everyone, like I’m sure there is with the evaluation of myself as the head coach. We’ll look at that and those discussions will go with our owner, myself and Doug (Whaley) and then the offensive staff, defensive staff and special teams. Everyone is evaluated from me on down.”

Marrone said that process would take about two weeks time before any decisions on made on the future of anyone on the staff.

In two weeks we will be at the beginning of the all-star season in CFB.

better days
12-30-2014, 11:58 AM

I noticed the name Brandon was not mentioned.

Looks like he is out of the football side of decisions.

DraftBoy
12-30-2014, 12:06 PM
I noticed the name Brandon was not mentioned.

Looks like he is out of the football side of decisions.

I thought we knew that already? His role got shifted as soon as Pegula came in and he's now strictly business ops and overall franchise input.

kingJofNYC
12-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Status quo, as some of us expected. At worst Morris gets the boot.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-30-2014, 12:19 PM
I actually think they are sorting out owner, HC, GM relationship now, especially within the out clause days for Marrone.

In some ways, Marrone strikes me having a personality bigger than himself, aka Parcells, Cowher type of alpha male. I mean this as his general behavior, not a rah rah kind of words of steel "my way or high way" that Gregg Williams used to say. He's not going to work out with any GM and owner, like Cowher's most success came after Kevin Colbert came in as the GM. Can Whaley be like Colbert, willing to play second fiddle?

Don't know Pegula that much. I like what he said about empowering good people. The question is whether he has enough NFL knowledge about good people (other than the obvious win/loss record we fans see).

Joe Fo Sho
12-30-2014, 12:39 PM
I thought we knew that already? His role got shifted as soon as Pegula came in and he's now strictly business ops and overall franchise input.

For some reason, during the press conference yesterday, Marrone or Whaley said that Brandon was the 1st person they contacted when they found out Orton retired. I don't understand why that would be the case.

casdhf
12-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Doesn't sound like he is leaving in his 3 day window.

Don't Panic
12-30-2014, 01:01 PM
For some reason, during the press conference yesterday, Marrone or Whaley said that Brandon was the 1st person they contacted when they found out Orton retired. I don't understand why that would be the case.

Yeah... that's a muddy situation to say the least. Unless renovations, season tickets or marketing campaigns are being talked about, I don't see why we'd see or hear from Brandon.

As for the coaching staff, two weeks gives the hot heads enough time to cool down and realize that there was never any chance of major changes in the first place.

DraftBoy
12-30-2014, 01:02 PM

Maybe he's the first point of contact before you get to the owners?

Mahdi
12-30-2014, 01:05 PM

Just enough time for all the good OCs to be signed by other teams.

Apparently 0 lessons learned from our QB plan.

Mr. Miyagi
12-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Doesn't sound like he is leaving in his 3 day window.
That's my first thought. :up:

ghz in pittsburgh
12-30-2014, 01:43 PM
I don't think he's leaving by the end of day tomorrow. But my buddy here dealt with Marrone's agent Jimmy Sexton before. And Sexton knows Terry Pegula. In my buddy's word, he won't be surprised that son of gun (Sexton) will squeeze every ounce of that clause. Unless, of course, Marrone told him not to.

Judging from the mouth's of the likes of Adam Shefter, looks to me Marrone hasn't stopped Sexton putting some noises out there, even though, to me, this is unlikely for Marrone to walk into the unknown for potentially a new place for the same position.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Yeah... that's a muddy situation to say the least. Unless renovations, season tickets or marketing campaigns are being talked about, I don't see why we'd see or hear from Brandon.

As for the coaching staff, two weeks gives the hot heads enough time to cool down and realize that there was never any chance of major changes in the first place.

That's not a concern to me. 1) Marrone and Whaley both reported to Brandon in the past. I don't know the structure now but Brandon is still the president. 2) From what I understand, Brandon/Doug/Doug's offices are next to each other. Who knows, it could be Brandon was right there and Whaley was not so Marrone asked Brandon to spread the news to Whaley while he texting to the CEO/owner.

Night Train
12-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Who evaluates his gutless play calling ?

YardRat
12-30-2014, 04:06 PM
LOL...what a crock of ****.

They've had 17 weeks of regular season, five weeks of preseason and an entire training camp to evaluate the coaching staff, and if they don't know strengths and weaknesses and be able to determine performance by now the next two weeks isn't going to tell any different story.

WagonCircler
12-30-2014, 04:54 PM
LOL...what a crock of ****.

They've had 17 weeks of regular season, five weeks of preseason and an entire training camp to evaluate the coaching staff, and if they don't know strengths and weaknesses and be able to determine performance by now the next two weeks isn't going to tell any different story.

It's a smokescreen. They're waiting to see whether Schwartz gets harvested as a HC, who gets fired and hired elsewhere...

Buddo
12-31-2014, 06:33 AM
Bottom line with who spoke to who first, was that everyone found out asap, i.e. Whaley, Brandon, Pegula.

Could have been as simple a thing as Whaley being on the 'phone to someone else, and the first person Marrone could get hold of was Brandon.

Meathead
12-31-2014, 08:42 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Morris seen leaving the building incognito. Here's an actual pic:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/513290814/morris.gif

ublinkwescore
12-31-2014, 11:42 AM
for the love of god, fire Hackett already!!! NOW DAMN IT!!!

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-31-2014, 12:05 PM
here's my two week evaluation

defense = Good
o line, qb, offense in general, playcalling = bad

end of evaluation

took me less than two weeks!

jamze132
12-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Just enough time for all the good OCs to be signed by other teams.

Apparently 0 lessons learned from our QB plan.

Nope, we never learn from past history, which we are doomed to repeat because 9-7 is better than mediocrity.