• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Chargers OC Frank Reich Most Serious Candidate for Jets HC Job

Speaking of the Jets, they have former GMs Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf running their searches. The Jets are trying to set up coaching interviews with Quinn, Bowles, Seahawks assistant coach Tom Cable, Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, and Chargers offensive coordinator Frank Reich, whom we hear is the most serious candidate.

The Jets are also expected to be highly interested in Ballard — a Ballard-Reich pairing would be a great get for the Jets — and they are setting up interviews with Seahawks director of pro personnel Trent Kirchner, Texans director of college scouting Mike Maccagnan, and Vikings assistant GM George Paton. The Jets clearly want a GM with a scouting background after striking out with John Idzik.
    If the Jets hire Reich there will be plenty of Bills fans who will be upset about it.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Chargers OC Frank Reich Most Serious Candidate for Jets HC Job

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...eaP/story.html

If the Jets hire Reich there will be plenty of Bills fans who will be upset about it.
    The only thing I would be upset about is that I would be half-rooting for the Jets and I don't like the Jets. I'd like to see Reich succeed, but not against the Bills.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Why should anyone be upset? I'm happy for the guy to have a successful post-playing career! Just lose twice a year to us that's all I ask!

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
        Why should anyone be upset? I'm happy for the guy to have a successful post-playing career! Just lose twice a year to us that's all I ask!
        A number of people want him here in place of Marrone. In fact Violin's article states that if the Bills were to move on from Marrone that Reich would also be their top candidate.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Eh, still not as bad as seeing Thurman Thomas in a Fish jersey.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            In fact Violin's article states that if the Bills were to move on from Marrone that Reich would also be their top candidate.
            Who's Violin? Is he AKA Moran?
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-30-2014, 01:02 PM.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              Who's Violin? Is ha AKA Moran?
              Volin, I mistyped his name.

He's a reporter for the Boston Herald and formerly of the Palm Beach Post. He's a well connected reporter whose worked in the AFC East his entire career.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

I'd be shocked if Reich actually got hired by the Jets. I smell smoke...

Comment

• Ed
                  • Sep 2002

Reich to the Jets just seems like an odd fit. I don't see that working, but I don't see the Jets gig being a good situation right now for any HC.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

I'd prefer Reich go somewhere I don't have to root for him to fail. If he goes to the Jets that's exactly what I'll want to happen!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Would actually be interesting to consider him for HC here....

Comment

• GvilleBills
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        Eh, still not as bad as seeing Thurman Thomas in a Fish jersey.
                        Took a while to get over that for me

- - - Updated - - -

Smith and Reed in Washington sucked, but I have a special hate for Miami.
                        Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

thurman-thomas-dolphins-e1329340386836.jpg

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            Reich to the Jets just seems like an odd fit. I don't see that working, but I don't see the Jets gig being a good situation right now for any HC.
                            NY market & media being what it is, I think Reich does not have enough of a reputation/name to satisfy the Jets fans.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
                              I'd be shocked if Reich actually got hired by the Jets. I smell smoke...
                              He did start 7 games with the Jets way back in 1996 and he is an anti Rex Ryan ie he's an offensive mind with upside potential since he's not a retread like Kubiak or Cable. I'd think he's got a 50/50 chance at making but I'd think the obvious pick for them would be Adam Gase as he has a history with Decker in Denver and might be the hottest offensive name among all the coaching candidates.

Comment

Working...
                              X