PDA

View Full Version : College QB draft thoughts...

jpdex12
12-31-2014, 08:52 AM
I watched the Stanford game last night and will admit I have not watched a lot of Pac-12 games this year or last year. Kevin Hogan gained my attention. Got the size, got the accuracy, pocket passer, can throw on the run, can run the ball, operates pro-style offense under Shaw.

I checked his historical stats and always had a high completion percentage. Not a lot of high yardage games but shows consistency and potential. Austin Cooper Stanford's TE looks like the TE receiving threat we need as well.

I like him or Petty as mid round draft possibilities for us.

RedEyE
12-31-2014, 09:10 AM
Been waiting for this thread. Based on where the Bills can select a QB...

I'm keeping a watchful eye on Bryce Petty through his bowl game and through the combine.

I'm also intrigued by Brandon Bridge. Small college but the kid is a physical specimen. He was highly coveted by UB but instead went with South Alabama. His hometown is from just across the border - Mississauga.

jpdex12
12-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Not familiar with Bridges. Anyone watched many Pac-12 games to give an honest opinion of Hogan?

X-Era
12-31-2014, 09:50 AM
I like Grayson or Petty. Grayson has very nice touch and seems to have plenty of arm but he sometimes lofts the ball and needs footwork help.

Petty comes from the non-NFL style offense but I like his grit.

k-oneputt
12-31-2014, 10:17 AM
I like Hogan, but I believe he is a jr.

Is he even in this draft.

He would be there in he 2-3 rd too.

RedEyE
12-31-2014, 10:23 AM
Has Hogan stated that he has plans to enter the draft? I think Coach Shaw has left him a starting spot at QB next year and he's eligible to play if he choses to stay.

The only game that I sat down and watched him play beginning to end was against ND. He struggled heavily in that game and looked sub-par IMO, but that was just one game - maybe his worst game of the season.

jpdex12
12-31-2014, 10:44 AM
He is a senior so I assume he will be in the draft. I looked at those games and he had a couple games where his compl percentage was around 50% but if you look at his overall compl percentage it's in the 60s and very good. He doesn't have the wow stats but he looks like he has a lot of potential once an NFL coach gets his hands on him to shape him into a winner. Plus he's coming from the same system Luck did.

jpdex12
12-31-2014, 10:46 AM
He had a few games each year that they lost where he was near 50% compl but no glaring interception games that looked like they cost them the games...

jamze132
12-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Looks like you guys are searching for the next Trent Edwards...

starrymessenger
12-31-2014, 01:39 PM
Been waiting for this thread. Based on where the Bills can select a QB...

I'm keeping a watchful eye on Bryce Petty through his bowl game and through the combine.

I'm also intrigued by Brandon Bridge. Small college but the kid is a physical specimen. He was highly coveted by UB but instead went with South Alabama. His hometown is from just across the border - Mississauga.

Good call re the Toronto kid.
I think he will be drafted. If still hanging around in the late rounds he'd be an outstanding developmental pick IMO.
He has the measurables and he's a good, smart kid.

scartown
12-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Not that much talk of Sean Mannion this year. He had a down year after losing most of the talent on O but he has the size and arm to play in the league. I'll be watching him through the draft process.

Don't Panic
12-31-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm an Arizona guy... didn't see a ton of Hogan this year but I have yet to be fully impressed from what I have seen. As for Mannion and Bridges, I'd like to see them as possible late rounds fliers. I'm definitely open to Petty. No matter who they decide on, I just hope the Bills brass take a shot at a QB at some point before the draft ends.