PDA

View Full Version : Bills still one of NFL's least desired

The King
12-31-2014, 10:51 AM
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/5-nfl-teams-players-least-want-to-join-even-for-twice-the-pay.html/3/

Considering the competing factors that affect any sort of decision about where professional athletes would prefer to play throughout their given sport, the first measurables usually lean toward things like state tax, the local weather, and the local advantages of being famous in a given area — all those play into the ‘big market advantage’ that free agents are often said to be weighing their options against. While the NFL is spared a lot of that discussion, since player movement is so stunted, especially among stars, it doesn’t mean that those sorts of considerations don’t hold some weight.

Read more: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/5-nfl-teams-players-least-want-to-join-even-for-twice-the-pay.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3NUw50nE9

DRutka
12-31-2014, 11:06 AM
"and add in an impending fear of moving to Toronto"

I wouldn't put much into an article that still writes this. Obviously whomever wrote this didn't do much research or is working off old research.

notacon
12-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Well...duh!

Of course.

Pegula could change that. I'm not encouraged by his record with the Sabres and what seems like his timidity in doing what is necessary for the Bills.

He has some time, but not too much. A new regime, which is necessary for this team to counter their awful, but deserved, perception as the Bills being one of the worst run franchises in the NFL, needs to start ASAP.

sukie
12-31-2014, 11:28 AM
UFA players should take note:

New Courtyard by Marriott down town. Boom.
Lucrative endorsement ops for True Value, Lockport Outdoor Store, Veins Veins Veins and West Herr .
Canalfest needs a new Grand Marshall every year!!!!!!

Add a newly carpetted lockerroom with fresh Glidden slabbed all over it and Buffalo should be a huge draw.

Mr. Miyagi
12-31-2014, 11:31 AM
People always use the small market excuse. It's never about the market size. It's about winning. Show me a small market city that nobody wants to go to and I'll show you the Green Bay Packers. LA is a huge market, yet no one cares about football there. You have a winning culture and you will attract the right kind of players.

SpikedLemonade
12-31-2014, 12:54 PM
UFA players should take note:

New Courtyard by Marriott down town. Boom.
Lucrative endorsement ops for True Value, Lockport Outdoor Store, Veins Veins Veins and West Herr .
Canalfest needs a new Grand Marshall every year!!!!!!

Add a newly carpetted lockerroom with fresh Glidden slabbed all over it and Buffalo should be a huge draw.

The Buffalo economic renaissance miracle has almost scrubbed out the crap stain completely.

Free Agents will soon take notice.

jamze132
12-31-2014, 01:00 PM
I'll have to check my figures but I think close to 98% of professional athletes will go wherever the money is.

stuckincincy
12-31-2014, 01:07 PM
I'll have to check my figures but I think close to 98% of professional athletes will go wherever the money is.

53 man roster X 32 teams = 1,696 gigs available in the NFL...and the waiting list is long.

swiper
12-31-2014, 01:10 PM
53 man roster X 32 teams = 1,696 gigs available in the NFL...and the waiting list is long.

And about ten decent QBs.

stuckincincy
12-31-2014, 01:22 PM
And about ten decent QBs.

Thanks to the NFL declaring years ago that the pass play is King...

notacon
12-31-2014, 02:01 PM
The Buffalo economic renaissance miracle has almost scrubbed out the crap stain completely.

Free Agents will soon take notice.

"Economic renaissance"?!?! Uhhhhhh....what "Economic renaissance"??

I have been in every city that has a NFL team, except Green Bay, and Buffalo is the worst of them all. Buffalo's "Economic renaissance" is like most cities' Dark Ages. Detroit comes close to as bad as Buffalo, but, thier weather is 10 times better and the suburbs around Detroit are very nice.

SpikedLemonade
12-31-2014, 02:14 PM
"Economic renaissance"?!?! Uhhhhhh....what "Economic renaissance"??

I have been in every city that has a NFL team, except Green Bay, and Buffalo is the worst of them all. Buffalo's "Economic renaissance" is like most cities' Dark Ages. Detroit comes close to as bad as Buffalo, but, thier weather is 10 times better and the suburbs around Detroit are very nice.

Someone must be lying to me then because earlier this year when the very slight possibility of the Bills relocating was discussed, the homers told me otherwise.

Talking Proud Buffalo!!!