PDA

View Full Version : Polian will be the new Football Pres as per LaCanfora

X-Era
12-31-2014, 04:53 PM
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/550434669658112000

Bill Polian will be taking over as Bills team president/football czar but move may not be announced til late Jan, due to his commitments

DraftBoy
12-31-2014, 04:55 PM
One hell of a way to end 2014.

SpikedLemonade
12-31-2014, 04:56 PM
Please don't bring your son to Buffalo.

X-Era
12-31-2014, 04:57 PM
I'd love Polian. He knew how to build a SB team. I like proven winners.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-31-2014, 04:58 PM
I'd love Polian. He knew how to build a SB team. I like proven winners.

my only concern with him are his last 4-5 drafts in Indy.. Not good. hopefully an aberration

X-Era
12-31-2014, 04:59 PM
my only concern with him are his last 4-5 drafts in Indy.. Not good. hopefully an aberration
Keep Whaley as the GM. Done. Let your young guys evaluate talent. Don't be so sure that Polian is power hungry. He may just want to help guide at a very high level.

Ingtar33
12-31-2014, 05:07 PM
Please don't bring your son to Buffalo.

THIS

the Colts fell to pieces when Polian moved upstairs and handed over the gm duties to his son. His son is a clueless GM.

don137
12-31-2014, 05:09 PM
I worry if his son comes with him. Much rather have Whaley than Polian and son. Bill Polian is older and will not be here long term. His son will be here long term and will kill this team.

Famous Amos
12-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Same here, would rather have Whaley than Polian's son. I like Whaley's in season moves and the additions he brought to the defense. Perhaps with polian at his side, he'll make better decisions for the offense.

DraftBoy
12-31-2014, 05:14 PM
He's not bringing his son per LaCanfora.

- - - Updated - - -

Also per LaCanfora the contract of former GM Buddy Nixon will not be renewed.

SpikedLemonade
12-31-2014, 05:15 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Great news!!!!!

Famous Amos
12-31-2014, 05:18 PM
Great news!!!!!

I concur! So now Buffalo is adding on some credibility. Amazing what new ownership can do.

YardRat
12-31-2014, 05:18 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Is he related to Jeff, or Richard Milhouse?

cookie G
12-31-2014, 05:27 PM

This is definitely name f-up month here.

Novacane
12-31-2014, 05:30 PM
This is definitely name f-up month here.

At least the Pegula/Pagula is just the wrong letter. Buddy Nixon :lmao:

cookie G
12-31-2014, 05:32 PM
At least the Pegula/Pagula is just the wrong letter. Buddy Nixon :lmao:

I'm scouring a list of coaching candidates named Watson.

DraftBoy
12-31-2014, 05:32 PM

Yes.

Night Train
12-31-2014, 05:40 PM
Polian will make sure the QB position is addressed.

BLeonard
12-31-2014, 05:50 PM
I concur! So now Buffalo is adding on some credibility. Amazing what new ownership can do.

Some of us have been saying that ownership was the problem for years...

-Bill

elltrain22
12-31-2014, 06:09 PM
Anyone who doesn't support Bill Polian coming back is crazy. That man was pretty much responsible for our glory years. I am very exciting about this news.

Mace
12-31-2014, 06:18 PM
Polian builds a good organization until he becomes Der Fuhrer of it. No Little Polian whatever, no Der Fuhrer of Football.

His football work now is well, not earlier Bill Polian. He built teams that got one SB win out of Peyton Manning in his prime. When you think about that, it's downright horrible. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson had as many, Roethlisberger and kid bro Eli have more.

Polian has his expertise, but he's 72, and he's Polian. Don't grab onto yesterdays and think them today or you can't afford that bag of chips you have to run out of the store with pursued by the guard, hop fences, change your clothes and lose the fake mustache/beard, hide the bag, talk to the police, and later come home all muddy, ragged and tired to enjoy a delicious bag of dill flavored treats like I just did, when I had $20 in my wallet to pay for them to start with.

Hm, anyway, don't hire little Polian even as gatorade guy and pay for the chips if you have money otherwise it becomes troublesome. I could have ran out of the liquor store instead with a premium beverage.

coastal
12-31-2014, 09:08 PM
So how high r u

BuffaloRedleg
12-31-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm waiting for Wagon's response but he is most likely getting hammered in celebration and it will be just keyboard mashing.

Pretty damn excited about this move. It is bold and makes us immediately respectable across the league.

Just the type of move we've been waiting for. Great day.

WagonCircler
12-31-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm waiting for Wagon's response but he is most likely getting hammered in celebration and it will be just keyboard mashing.

Pretty damn excited about this move. It is bold and makes us immediately respectable across the league.

Just the type of move we've been waiting for. Great day.

About 3 years ago, I wished "out loud" on the old message board for Terry Pegula to buy the Bills and bring back Bill Polian.

My evil plan is almost complete.

Now for that ground breaking ceremony at the site of the soon to be former Perry Street Projects....

Muuuuhaahahahahahaha!!!!!

BuffaloRedleg
01-01-2015, 03:06 AM
About 3 years ago, I wished "out loud" on the old message board for Terry Pegula to buy the Bills and bring back Bill Polian.

Now for that ground breaking ceremony at the site of the soon to be former Perry Street Projects....

Muuuuhaahahahahahaha!!!!!

Happy New Years my friend. You have been rooting for Pegula and Polian for like 3 years at least. You and my 70 year old dad have been non stop preaching this and goddamn you were right.

Now they better make it work or you are on the hook!

X-Era
01-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Chris Polian is apparently not coming with Bill. If we keep Whaley under Polian I'm really happy.

Only issue is if a new HC prospect with a great pedigree would be scared off by Polian having the power.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/550481005682110465

HHURRICANE
01-01-2015, 08:56 AM
If this is true it would be one of the best moves in 25 years.

feldspar
01-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Well, if Polian is coming back as President but wont come on board until late January, I wonder if or how he's going to play a part in finding the next Head Coach. It should take him a little while to get up to speed as well.

I hope he's secretly doing work, research, and advising the Bills if there is a general agreement in principal that he's going to join the team again after he satisfies his commitments. Is that "legal?"

Also, I don't know if it's true, but I read somewhere that Polian might want to wait until the Hall of Fame nominations are in this year before he accepts an NFL position. Apparently, he won't be eligible for nomination if he accepts a position before the nominations are in, and he'd have to wait another five years, etc. Anybody know anything about that?

X-Era
01-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Polian staying at espn as per Mort and others... Takes a possible obstacle out if the cowher run.

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 12:50 PM

Muuuuhaahahahahahaha!!!!!Did the Devil just require your soul or did he insist on the family as well?

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Did the Devil just require your soul or did he insist on the family as well?

i enjoy both of your posts a lot. you two are the grumpiest people and it's very entertaining. keep it up. lol

YardRat
01-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Well, that one bites the dust.

WagonCircler
01-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Did the Devil just require your soul or did he insist on the family as well?

Apparently the Devil will continue to torture my soul, as well as those of all Bills fans, to eternity and beyond.

F U C K.

No Polian.

Russ stays.

More of the same old SUCK.

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Apparently the Devil will continue to torture my soul, as well as those of all Bills fans, to eternity and beyond.

F U C K.

No Polian.

Russ stays.

More of the same old SUCK.Take heart, big guy. It's very early and things are a long way from playing out.

WagonCircler
01-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Take heart, big guy. It's very early and things are a long way from playing out.

Honestly, I may be done with all of this.

If we end up with Russ Brandon staying and choosing the next Head Coach, I'm going back to boozing and skirt chasing.

(I may go back to boozing and skirt chasing either way).

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Honestly, I may be done with all of this.

If we end up with Russ Brandon staying and choosing the next Head Coach, I'm going back to boozing and skirt chasing.

(I may go back to boozing and skirt chasing either way).I'm going through my yearly "Should I renew Sunday Ticket for next year" conundrum.

After watching the continued BS officiating this year, I'm leaning towards canceling. It also depends on what management does in the off season.

feldspar
01-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Dunno if I'm going to be able to take all this speculation and rumor that's just getting started.