PDA

View Full Version : I'd welcome Rex Ryan

ghz in pittsburgh
12-31-2014, 05:10 PM
If you ask me.

Night Train
12-31-2014, 05:13 PM
If the idea is not just handing it to Schwartz ( which I'm fine with ) then Rex is a great idea.

Famous Amos
If you ask me.

We'd probably lose Schwartz

SpikedLemonade
Me too but he would have to bring an experienced NFL OC.

don137
Me too. I think the GM killed him with getting him bad talent.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-31-2014, 05:14 PM

We'd certainly lose Schwartz, they run totally different systems and Ryan would want control of the D. I mean, why would you hire him if he didn't?

Ingtar33
12-31-2014, 05:14 PM
if we're going to lose schwartz i don't mind going after Rex. he's not the top of my list, but i didn't hate the dude. he did a lot with next to nothing in new york, and he is one of the rare coaches players never tuned out

Famous Amos
12-31-2014, 05:15 PM
We'd certainly lose Schwartz, they run totally different systems and Ryan would want control of the D. I mean, why would you hire him if he didn't?

exact;y. we would go from a defense that get's their pressure from primarily the front four, to exotic blitzes and what, man on man coverage?

ghz in pittsburgh
12-31-2014, 06:16 PM
Schwartz is a good+ D mind; Rex Ryan has a great D mind. He has a great eye for D talent. And if he has Buffalo's defensive talent, he can make them a dominant force.

Realistically, with the Bills' team right now, making a dominant D is the quickest way to get into the playoff. And no one is better to do that than Rex. We'll lose Schwartz, but we may get Mike Smith in run Rex's D.

stuckincincy
12-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Ryan coaches players to be cheap shot artists.

YardRat
12-31-2014, 06:22 PM
I'd rather have Schwartz...let him pick an offensive staff.

TacklingDummy
12-31-2014, 06:27 PM
So.
Many DCs would look good with this D-line.

starrymessenger
12-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Schwartz is a good+ D mind; Rex Ryan has a great D mind. He has a great eye for D talent. And if he has Buffalo's defensive talent, he can make them a dominant force.

Realistically, with the Bills' team right now, making a dominant D is the quickest way to get into the playoff. And no one is better to do that than Rex. We'll lose Schwartz, but we may get Mike Smith in run Rex's D.

Rex is a great DC and personally I think he's a great guy. Lots of fun. Also plays NE tough.
But as a HC he hasn't done a whole lot last four years or so (I know, I know it's Idzick's fault) and, more importantly, he's not disciplined enuf for the top job.
Somebody else suggested Hue Jackson.
I'd be fine with that.

kingJofNYC
12-31-2014, 06:52 PM
I like Rex but he's going to need a good OC, his OCs in NY killed him. Sparano, Little Schotty, Mornhinweg, about as bad as you can get. He'll do great with the D talent, he'll pump these guys up, but man he's going to need a hell of an OC.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Rex is a great DC and personally I think he's a great guy. Lots of fun. Also plays NE tough.
But as a HC he hasn't done a whole lot last four years or so (I know, I know it's Idzick's fault) and, more importantly, he's not disciplined enuf for the top job.
Somebody else suggested Hue Jackson.
I'd be fine with that.

Sometimes a coach behaving like Rex takes all the heat/pressure off the players. You don't want a dry piece like Jauron leading a lifeless team.

starrymessenger
12-31-2014, 07:03 PM
Sometimes a coach behaving like Rex takes all the heat/pressure off the players. You don't want a dry piece like Jauron leading a lifeless team.
He's great with players.
Thats not what I meant by undisciplined.
More general management - and specifically control of his assistants.

RedEyE
12-31-2014, 07:12 PM
I don't get the love fest for Rex as HC. The Jets got progressively worse since his 2nd season. The only way Id like to see Ryan in Buffalo would be as DC for Brian Billick....and I don't like Billick that much either.

TacklingDummy
12-31-2014, 07:25 PM
The Jets got progressively worse since his 2nd season.

Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith.
Not to mention the Jets other skilled positions on offense.
Does it surprise you?

BillsImpossible
12-31-2014, 07:30 PM
I'd welcome Rex Ryan like a bad flu, he's the last thing the Bills need right now.

The Bills need offense, and a quarterback.

Mahdi
12-31-2014, 07:34 PM
I'd welcome Rex Ryan like a bad flu, he's the last thing the Bills need right now.

The Bills need offense, and a quarterback.

If you want a good offense start with a HC who will attract a good OC. If Reich takes over as HC he will bring his WR coach or something like that to be OC and we are back at square one with rookie coaches and nothin at QB to compensate.

swiper
01-01-2015, 05:00 AM

Ryan is a horrible head coach. HE refuses to have ANYthing to do with the offense. A HC has to be involved there. He refused in NY.

swiper
01-01-2015, 05:02 AM

You also don't want a flaming idiot, like Ryan, turning the team into his own personal circus like he did in NY.

Every week its another buffoon press conference after another. Here's last week's where they actually won:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/york-jets-postgame-press-conference-223948233.html

Yeah. We like wins too Rex. You just don't deliver them. Just say no to Ryan.

He's not going to Buffalo anyway. He's destine for Atlanta, SF or Chicago any way.

RedEyE
01-01-2015, 05:24 AM
Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith.
Not to mention the Jets other skilled positions on offense.
Does it surprise you?

Using your philosophy, the Bills should also reconsider Phillips, Gailey, Mularkey, Willams, Jauron...because, you know: Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kelly Holcmob, AVP.

Rex Ryan is a foot humping media circus monkey.

Historian
01-01-2015, 05:34 AM
Ryan is a buffoon.

I don't see him mixing well with the Pegulas....especially Kim.