PDA

View Full Version : No Frank Reich

Mahdi
12-31-2014, 07:22 PM
Can we stop with the typical Bills moves that always have to involve familiarity and comfort?

No Buffalo related people in coaching positions.

Just do this franchise a favour and sign THE BEST HC CANDIDATE AVAILABLE!!!

Todd Bowles, Rex Ryan, Bill Cowher. No one else. This is assuming reports are true about Schwartz not wanting HC.

Night Train
12-31-2014, 07:24 PM
Pete Metz ! Come on down !

billser
12-31-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm ok with no Reich so long as we get offensive coach. The defense is fine and won't get us to playoffs, as shown by last two years....what will a defensive coach add? Keep Schwartz and bring an offensive mind as hc.

BillsImpossible
12-31-2014, 07:32 PM
How can you even include Rex Ryan in that list?

He knows defense, and that's it.

That's not what the Bills need.

ublinkwescore
12-31-2014, 07:35 PM
wasn't cowher a defensive guru? or was that special teams?... either way, I would be ok with him as HC IF he gets a solid OC, and leaves the defense alone.

Mahdi
12-31-2014, 07:36 PM
How can you even include Rex Ryan in that list?

He knows defense, and that's it.

That's not what the Bills need.

He can make our D a powerhouse and bring in an experienced OC like Dirk Koetter or Trestman.

He could also bring in Mike Smith or Mike Nolan to be DC.

THAT is how you win.

DraftBoy
12-31-2014, 07:40 PM
Old School Reunion the whole way:

HC - Frank Reich
OC - Pete Metzelarrs
DC - Bruce Smith
QB Coach - Jim Kelly
RB Coach - Thurman Thomas
WR Coach - Andre Reed
TE Coach - Jan Rimersma
OL Coach - Ruben Brown
DL Coach - Phil Hansen
LB Coach - Darryl Talley
DB Coach - Henry Jones
ST Coach - Steve Tasker

Done.

Mahdi
12-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Old School Reunion the whole way:

HC - Frank Reich
OC - Pete Metzelarrs
DC - Bruce Smith
QB Coach - Jim Kelly
RB Coach - Thurman Thomas
WR Coach - Andre Reed
TE Coach - Jan Rimersma
OL Coach - Ruben Brown
DL Coach - Phil Hansen
LB Coach - Darryl Talley
DB Coach - Henry Jones
ST Coach - Steve Tasker

Done.

We could lose 8 Super Bowls with that staff.

billser
12-31-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm ok with an exceptional offensive coordinator too. Just get someone who will improve the offense, the focus shouldn't be defense at all imo, not anymore.

DraftBoy
12-31-2014, 08:15 PM
We could lose 8 Super Bowls with that staff.

We wouldn't make it out of the basement with that staff.

Mace
12-31-2014, 08:17 PM
I think Reich's day is a couple years down the road yet, which will be about how long it takes the next staff to make a mess of themselves.

DetDannyWilliams
12-31-2014, 08:31 PM
"I think he'd be a great head coach," Reed said on Wednesday's edition of NFL Network's NFL Total Access. "He knew a lot more about the offense, a lot more about the team than Jim Kelly even knew. When he came in there, we didn't miss a beat. I think he would make -- definitely would make a great head coach anywhere.
"He's definitely a viable candidate. I think he would do a great job. Not only would he bring a lot of credibility, but Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) fans would probably -- the roof would probably come off if he came in there and became the head coach. I'm definitely a proponent of him being the head coach there, if that's the way and that's what goes down."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000452603/article/andre-reed-stumps-for-frank-reich-as-next-bills-coach

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-31-2014, 08:36 PM
We wouldn't make it out of the basement with that staff.

due to inebriation and whore mongering?

paladin warrior
12-31-2014, 09:15 PM
I would be nice to hire Frank Reich to be a QB coach . no way Frank Reich be a HC nope sorry .

ICRockets
12-31-2014, 10:57 PM
What fascinates me is that the OP thinks this is a logical stance he's taking, when in reality he has decided that this is his line in the sand for ENTIRELY emotional reasons.

YardRat
12-31-2014, 11:03 PM
What fascinates me is that the OP thinks this is a logical stance he's taking, when in reality he has decided that this is his line in the sand for ENTIRELY emotional reasons.

Speaking from an entirely emotionless stance, what makes Frank Reich the best HC candidate available amongst he and Bowles, Ryan and Cowher?

Mahdi
12-31-2014, 11:05 PM

What I'm saying is choose the HC you think wins you a Super Bowl, not the one some fans will feel nostalgic over.

Reich has limited OC exp and no HC exp. without an established vet QB that would be exactly what we just had.

DraftBoy
12-31-2014, 11:06 PM
Speaking from an entirely emotionless stance, what makes Frank Reich the best HC candidate available amongst he and Bowles, Ryan and Cowher?

Or Quinn, Horton, Bevell, Jackson, Roman?

swiper
01-01-2015, 04:28 AM
There is no way that Schwarz stays if he is not made HC. If you think so then you're drunk.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no way that Schwarz stays if he is not made HC. If you think so then you're drunk.

Watch Brandon go to Oakland and take Whaley & Schwartz with him.

kishoph
01-01-2015, 04:46 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Watch Brandon go to Oakland and take Whaley & Schwartz with him.

Why would Schwartz leave the position he's in right now ? Another 2 years as coordinator of this defense and most likely he would have a number of head coaching jobs to choose from. Also does Schwartz want to jump right back in to being a head coach ? In 4 years as HC of the Lions he didn't do a great job, another HC job that's goes sour so quickly would be career suicide. I think (hope) he rides it out at least a couple more years as the Bills DC.

swiper
01-01-2015, 04:50 AM
Why would Schwartz leave the position he's in right now ? Another 2 years as coordinator of this defense and most likely he would have a number of head coaching jobs to choose from. Also does Schwartz want to jump right back in to being a head coach ? In 4 years as HC of the Lions he didn't do a great job, another HC job that's goes sour so quickly would be career suicide. I think (hope) he rides it out at least a couple more years as the Bills DC.

He would go to Oakland as HC. IDK where you get 2 years from. HE can go get any HC job he wants right now. There is NO WAY he stay in Buffalo as DC with a new HC. The only way he will stay here is if he is offered the HC job. He DID do a good job in Detroit. He brought them from has-beens into being relevant.

Historian
01-01-2015, 05:36 AM
I would take Reich as long as he brought his quarterback with him.

Forward_Lateral
01-01-2015, 06:28 AM
I would take Reich as long as he brought his quarterback with him.

Me too. And their O-line. Well, part of it. Ok all of it.

ICRockets
01-01-2015, 07:45 AM

I have no idea if Cowher is actually an option, first of all. If he is, there exists the possibility that we see with him what Washington saw with Shanahan: a brilliant football mind from an era that is no longer relevant to the NFL in 2015. That's not to say I think we shouldn't kick the tires, but he's not a slam dunk.

I think Rex Ryan is better off as a coordinator. What I saw in New York was some immediate success, and that's obviously impressive. But the longer he was the guy in charge of the day-to-day culture in that locker room, the more outlandish the circus became. It would not surprise me if Rex Ryan finds his way into multiple short-lived coaching stints that become less and less stable the longer he's in one place.

Bowles and Reich are very similar options, as I see them. The difference is that Reich is an offensive guy and Bowles is defensive. When the side we need more help on is offense, it seems prudent to go that route in a head coach. If we're going to go with a defense guy, why wouldn't we go with Schwartz over Bowles?

YardRat
01-01-2015, 08:10 AM
I have no idea if Cowher is actually an option, first of all. If he is, there exists the possibility that we see with him what Washington saw with Shanahan: a brilliant football mind from an era that is no longer relevant to the NFL in 2015. That's not to say I think we shouldn't kick the tires, but he's not a slam dunk.

I think Rex Ryan is better off as a coordinator. What I saw in New York was some immediate success, and that's obviously impressive. But the longer he was the guy in charge of the day-to-day culture in that locker room, the more outlandish the circus became. It would not surprise me if Rex Ryan finds his way into multiple short-lived coaching stints that become less and less stable the longer he's in one place.

Bowles and Reich are very similar options, as I see them. The difference is that Reich is an offensive guy and Bowles is defensive. When the side we need more help on is offense, it seems prudent to go that route in a head coach. If we're going to go with a defense guy, why wouldn't we go with Schwartz over Bowles?

So of the four guys Mahdi listed, he puts Reich at the bottom, and you put Reich at the top. Why is his opinion classified as emotion, and yours logic? I'm not arguing against your rationale, btw, I'm kind of on the same page re:Cowher and Ryan.

FWIW, it's been reported Schwartz doesn't want a HC gig right now, so if there is any truth to that it would be the reason for not going with him over Bowles.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 08:18 AM

Woah...wait a minute. Bowles has been coaching since 1995 and a DC since the 2012 season. He's been an interim Head Coach and an Assistant Head Coach along with working in the Front Office for two years with Green Bay when he initially came into the NFL. He also won a Super Bowl with the Redskins as a player. Arizona's defense is considered to be one of the tops in the league.

Comparatively Reich has only been a coach since 2008 and went from Offensive Coach Staff Assistant to QB Coach to WR Coach back to QB Coach to now Offensive Coordinator. He's never been a Head Coach or an Assistant Head Coach. His offensive rankings are middle of the road. Reich did play in a Super Bowl as a player but didn't win it.