• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Marrone Perfect Fit For Jets

You can take the boy out of The Bronx, but you can’t take The Bronx out of the boy, and the Jets should go get Doug Marrone, the former head coach of the Bills and one of their own once, to succeed…

Agreed. I would be very confident twice a year vs. the Jets.

He's perfect.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Marrone Perfect Fit For Jets

I just hope he is married to Hackett and Morris and take both with him, wherever he ends up. It would suck if he had an epiphany and hired a really good OC in NY.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

He may not take Hackett with him but he's way to arrogant to bring in a good OC. It's Marrones offense we were running. It will be his offense the Jets will be running if they hire him.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

“Doug is a good coach,” Coughlin said in an interview not long after the Bills hired Marrone. “We’ve watched him closely when he was at Syracuse. He’s very serious, very smart. Syracuse is going to miss Doug Marrone, no doubt.”
        So are the Bills.

Dear God please let the Jets hire Marrone! PLEEEASE!

Comment

• black N yellow
          • Dec 2012

That article calls Marrone "fearless"? ROFL.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Marrone made a good business decision. He gets 4 million in bonus money and a brand new contract.

He was a mediocre coach. Coaching not to lose is pretty much who we've had for a decade.

Good luck Jets!

Comment

• Bunion
              • Sep 2008

This has got to be baggage from the asswhuppings they took this season. It's like there's nobody left in NYC that watches game tape.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Can you picture Percy Harvin and Geno playing under Marrone? Rofl. That team would implode even worse than they are now.
                I think Marrone is a good coach but not a great coach. His strengths were some of the Bills biggest weaknesses (OL and offense).

I would love for the Jets sign him as head coach. Players would not need motivation to beat a guy that walked out on them.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

It would be GREAT to see Marrone & Hackett on the Jets sideline.

And who would Marrone get to coach Defense?

Especially if/when Rex gets a HC job with another team?

You know Rex would take most of his assistants with him where he goes.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Don't get me wrong, I think Marrone in NY would clearly benefit the rest of the AFC East. But other than having a 1st round draft pick, and being an old stomping ground, what's the benefit in NY for Marrone? The talent in NY is far inferior to the Bills. Hackett will sink like a stone. Who to coach the D? Marrone has also now shown his true colors (yellow on yellow) and the players are going to have very little respect for him there. And there isn't another GM in the league that is going to give Marrone that chicken **** clause he had in Buffalo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I hope Schwartz doesn't end up in NJ with The Quitter
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                        Don't get me wrong, I think Marrone in NY would clearly benefit the rest of the AFC East. But other than having a 1st round draft pick, and being an old stomping ground, what's the benefit in NY for Marrone? The talent in NY is far inferior to the Bills. Hackett will sink like a stone. Who to coach the D? Marrone has also now shown his true colors (yellow on yellow) and the players are going to have very little respect for him there. And there isn't another GM in the league that is going to give Marrone that chicken **** clause he had in Buffalo.
                        Marrone got the out clause because the sale of the team was imminent & the future of the Bills was in doubt.

Reports were Marrone was upset at the Media criticism in Buffalo, especially after the win over the Packers.

It should be great entertainment to see how Doug handles the media in New York if he gets the job with the Jets.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                          I hope Schwartz doesn't end up in NJ with The Quitter
                          Schwartz is under contract to the Bills through 2016.

I doubt he goes anywhere unless the Bills hire someone like Rex as HC.
                          Last edited by better days; 01-01-2015, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

The Jets had the 24th defense in points allowed last year. The Bills were 4th. Good luck.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              Schwartz is under contract to the Bills through 2016.

I doubt he goes anywhere unless the Bills hire someone like Rex as HC.
                              Schwartz seems like the safe choice to chose as HC as he has a working relationship with every coach currently on staff with the Bills. Toss in when he was head man in Detroit he had Crossman as his ST coach which might just leave us with a hole on the offensive side of the ball which many here would agree wouldn't be an issue. Yet he's second on my list of guys I'd want as tops on my list is Gary Kubiak. As he's got NFL HC experience, has demonstrated that he can build strong running games as guys like Terrell Davis and Adrian Foster were undrafted and even made Justin Forsett something in Baltimore this year. Toss in he his likely OC choice (Rick Dennison) would be available. He also does have a relationship with Mario Williams which helps and seems confident enough having strong assistants as worked with Wade Phillips in Houston. Of course he's only tops of my list if he doesn't touch the defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X