PDA

View Full Version : Was opt out really what it seemed

BillsFanCupp38
01-01-2015, 08:06 AM
I dont doubt that there was an opt out clause. However is it possible that this was put in place to pressure marrone into quitting? Maybe the pegulas wanted this clause in order to put pressure on him to quit if at seasons end they were not satisfied with what they saw. Or maybe cleaning house was the season end plan all along. The national media has nothing but praise for marrone. However we bills fams no that marrone had very little to do with our overall record which was carried by a very talented defense with exceptional coaching on that side of the ball. We all also know that had it not been the offense holding us back we could have made the playoffs and I don't think we're lacking a whole lot of talent on that side of the ball. With better coaching on offense we could have even possibly made a splash in the playoffs with our excellent defense.

The pegulas saw the same thing we did. I think it's possible marrone was given an ultimatem. Save face by taking this opt out which may protect his image and resume toward the rest of the leauge. Or get fired and leave doubt about how good you really wwere since the rest of the league can not see what we saw. Why else is this such a huge surprise to players, fans, and media? Why would marrone want to leave something that he put his blood sweat and tears into? Especially when it seems we are on the upswing? My theory is he didn't have a choice.

Kim may be the one pulling all these strings, working behind the scenes. This has probably been in the works for a while. Expect a big name to hired. I rarely ever believe what the national media says. This could explain why it all went down like this. Just a theory. I have no facts to back this up. But when a man steps back and looks at the big picture of what is going on and why different things happen, this is what he gets. Remember, believe half of what you hear and nothing that you see.

ICRockets
01-01-2015, 08:08 AM
I agree. It was really brilliant of Kim to put that clause into the contract Doug signed 2 years ago. She's pretty savvy.

HHURRICANE
01-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Uhh, he gets 4 million dollars for leaving and a brand new contract with another team.....no brainer.

BillsFanCupp38
01-01-2015, 08:52 AM
I agree. It was really brilliant of Kim to put that clause into the contract Doug signed 2 years ago. She's pretty savvy.

Ok, still dont mean he wasnt pressured to leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Aint no gaurantee he gets another hc job anywhere

Night Train
01-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Pegula family probably saw what any silly fan could see... The D and ST's were good but Marrone ran the O and they were bottom 5. Then he walks into their office, as if he was the heavy lifter that did all the work and wants more, $$, say, security...whatever. They roll their eyes and basically say " you've got to be kidding " and he leaves without his balls with little choice but to take the 4 Mil and leave.

If he secretly knew the Jets wanted him and that gave him false confidence,good for him. They can have him and we get a chance to improve our lot