PDA

View Full Version : Would you re-sign Mike Williams?

IlluminatusUIUC
01-01-2015, 08:22 AM
I would. As I said at the time Marrone benched him, MW has been productive under coaches like Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano, both of whom sucked even worse than Marrone. And now that Marrone is gone and taking his personal grudges with him, I would be willing to give him a second shot.

Novacane
01-01-2015, 08:24 AM
No. He'd be a back up to Woods and Watkins. I'm not paying a backup WR 6 mil

IlluminatusUIUC
01-01-2015, 08:25 AM
No. He'd be a back up to Woods and Watkins. I'm not paying a backup WR 6 mil

He wouldn't cost 6 million this go around.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Yes, absolutely. He'd play over Hogan for me and allow flexibility to move Watkins or Woods into and out of the slot based on matchups.

Night Train
01-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Maybe.. but I'm not pretending to know that he wasn't a problem behind the scenes or in practice.

swiper
01-01-2015, 08:29 AM
I thought of this also. I would give the same answer as Night Train, as we really don't know what the issue truly was.

YardRat
01-01-2015, 08:30 AM
Definitely.

We needed a red-zone threat at WR (and still do, obviously), and Whaley went out and got one. Get him back.

That's one of the bigger reasons this offensive staff needed to be purged this off-season anyway. The defensive equivilant would have been signing Spikes and letting him rot on the scout squad because 'he was only a two-down 'backer'.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-01-2015, 08:31 AM
I thought of this also. I would give the same answer as Night Train, as we really don't know what the issue truly was.

That's fair, we don't know what his issues were off the field.

But I sure as hell know what this teams issues were ON the field, and if we can recapture his Tampa form he'd be very useful - if only as a possession target and red zone guy.

swiper
01-01-2015, 08:35 AM
That's fair, we don't know what his issues were off the field.

But I sure as hell know what this teams issues were ON the field, and if we can recapture his Tampa form he'd be very useful - if only as a possession target and red zone guy.

Absolutely. There was an unwillingness by Marrone to utilize him for some, unknown, reason.

Fixxxer
01-01-2015, 08:44 AM
He wouldn't cost 6 million this go around.

With us, probably not, but maybe he will try and test the FA waters.

Skooby
01-01-2015, 08:47 AM
He won't come back & if he does he needs to leave some of that money he stole.