PDA

View Full Version : per Adam Benigni on local sports re:Marrone

YardRat
01-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Bills may pursue tampering charge if Marrone ends up with Jets.
Pegula willing to spend what it takes to get head coach.
Pegula wants Brandon to stay and run business side.
Marrone didn't like the idea of a football man (Polian) coming in between him and ownership.
He was told when Marrone was hired by a Syracuse reporter (Pollack? I think he said?) that Doug was too thin-skinned to handle relationships with front office.

Didn't say anything about the rest of the staff (Schwartz, offensive assistants, etc)

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Bills may pursue tampering charge if Marrone ends up with Jets.
Pegula willing to spend what it takes to get head coach.
Pegula wants Brandon to stay and run business side.
Marrone didn't like the idea of a football man (Polian) coming in between him and ownership.
He was told when Marrone was hired by a Syracuse reporter (Pollack? I think he said?) that Doug was too thin-skinned to handle relationships with front office.

Didn't say anything about the rest of the staff (Schwartz, offensive assistants, etc)

All sounds good.

Also I'm happy to see Brandon staying to handle the business side, that's what he's talented at and he's an asset in that role.

BillsImpossible
01-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Tampering? That could cost the Jets draft picks.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Tampering? That could cost the Jets draft picks.

and they are already gonna be in trouble for the jets owner publicly proclaiming he would like revis back while he is still under contract with NE. These guys are buffoons

RedEyE
01-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Add in the Revis island BS they just pulled wioth the Pats as well and pow.

Fixxxer
01-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Shouldn't Polian get here right away if we want to have a shot at good HC candidates? We can't waste time unless Polian has someone already in mind.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 09:34 AM
Shouldn't Polian get here right away if we want to have a shot at good HC candidates? We can't waste time unless Polian has someone already in mind.

Polian won't come till the end of the month or else it messes up his HOF eligibility status.

Meathead
01-01-2015, 09:43 AM
if bill is committed and just cant say it then hes already in the job as far as candidates are concerned. the napinator could do the hiring with not so unpredictable cloak and dagger burner calls to billy while hes is in his basement

battling bill
napster
miracle frank

man if they could convince schwartz to stay that would be awesome but you gotta expect him to be up for a hc gig or perhaps more likely just not want to stick around after feeling snubbed but still that would be a good start to a very intriguing '15

IlluminatusUIUC
01-01-2015, 09:43 AM
and they are already gonna be in trouble for the jets owner publicly proclaiming he would like revis back while he is still under contract with NE. These guys are buffoons

Is that a big deal? Didn't Jerry Jones say something similar about Peterson recently?

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Is that a big deal? Didn't Jerry Jones say something similar about Peterson recently?

Yes and he got a slap on the wrist I think.

YardRat
01-01-2015, 09:45 AM
I would laugh my ass off if we ended up with the Jets first rounder this season as compensation for tampering.

A 2014 #9 first rounder, 2015 #20 first rounder, 2015 #116 fourth rounder and Doug Marrone in exchange for Sammy Watkins and the #6 pick in the 2015 first round? That's highway robbery along the scale of trading Shepphard for Hughes.

I'll take it.

cookie G
01-01-2015, 09:50 AM
I would laugh my ass off if we ended up with the Jets first rounder this season as compensation for tampering.

A 2014 #9 first rounder, 2015 #20 first rounder, 2015 #116 fourth rounder and Doug Marrone in exchange for Sammy Watkins and the #6 pick in the 2015 first round? That's highway robbery along the scale of trading Shepphard for Hughes.

I'll take it.

If they do..it won't be this year's first pick.

Letting them have Hackett run their offense is reward enough for me, anything else is a bonus.

But they do have to report it and investigate it, just on principle. That much I agree with.

better days
01-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Polian won't come till the end of the month or else it messes up his HOF eligibility status.

Not officially, but I would be surprised if Polian is not giving Pegula advice already.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Not officially, but I would be surprised if Polian is not giving Pegula advice already.

Oh no doubt there. I'm sure that's happening.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 09:59 AM

Letting them have Hackett run their offense is reward enough for me, anything else is a bonus.

But they do have to report it and investigate it, just on principle. That much I agree with.

While I think there will be nothing that comes of it, I agree you have to report it. Message needs to be sent that you can't try and tamper with our people.

YardRat
01-01-2015, 10:01 AM

I think NE ponied up their very next first rounder (2000) plus a couple of mid-round picks in '01 for BB.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 10:06 AM
While I think there will be nothing that comes of it, I agree you have to report it. Message needs to be sent that you can't try and tamper with our people.Did I miss the tampering? Where's the data? Not being a smart ass; I just didn't catch anything like that.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 10:08 AM
One issue here is opt out vs. quitting. BB quit. Marrone had a contractual right to terminate. The sticking point I guess would be that he is officially under contract until he officially opts out... So timing on any comments would matter.

better days
01-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Did I miss the tampering? Where's the data? Not being a smart ass; I just didn't catch anything like that.

It was reported that the owner of the Jets called Marrone's agent before Marrone opted out of his contract.

Novacane
01-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Tampering for Doug Marrone. The height of stupidity.

better days
01-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Tampering for Doug Marrone. The height of stupidity.

Well, one could argue that the hiring of Idzik was the height of stupidity.

cookie G
01-01-2015, 10:20 AM
I think NE ponied up their very next first rounder (2000) plus a couple of mid-round picks in '01 for BB.

Yeah, you're right, I just looked it up. I didn't realize Tags did it that quickly.

I'd doubt Goodell would make them give up their 1st, but one can dream