PDA

View Full Version : Polian staying with ESPN

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 12:44 PM
According to Mortensen, apparently. Didn't hear it myself; read it on another board.
Whose left for the Gandalf role?

BillsOwnAll
01-01-2015, 12:46 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12107463

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-01-2015, 12:50 PM
as the world turns. Jesus!

kingJofNYC
01-01-2015, 12:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bill Polian decides to stay at ESPN, rather than return to Bills front office. He wanted to work with Doug Marrone, aka Mr. Popular...</p>&mdash; Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/550733784136437761">January 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So Polian thought Marrone was the right guy too. Hilarious. Impossible to believe all the **** that's flying around, but thank god he turned us down if he thought Marrone was the right one.<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Tim Graham @ByTimGraham

Well-placed source: Polian's decision on Bills shifted in past day. Major factor in change of heart was talking to Marrone, who ripped org.

DesertFox24
01-01-2015, 01:02 PM
I am glad did not want him or a czar in the first place.

Night Train
01-01-2015, 01:06 PM
That may officially kill the Reich idea as HC. Maybe OC..

I just want Schwartz to stay, to keep the D happy and motivated. Whether it's as HC or DC, I don't care.

coastal
01-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Tank on

HHURRICANE
01-01-2015, 01:25 PM
WTF!!!!

sudzy
01-01-2015, 01:32 PM
NBC Sports reporting the deal with the Bills fell apart over money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/01/polians-return-to-bills-breaks-down-over-money/

Terry's cheap.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2015, 01:48 PM
"Vic Carucci recently spoke with Polian and Polian said it had to do with Orton retiring and losing Marrone.
It would be a “real heavy lift” for him.

I'd believe this over the money issue imo. You don't spend north of a billion dollars and penny pinch a couple of mil here and there. That would be monumentally stupid, and I have to believe anyone who is as successful as Terry is not stupid.

That said, I'm actually good with this after thinking about it. Start NEW. Cut all ties. Blaze a new trail. Dump Brandon and Whaley ASAFP and get your dream team in place.

Dmoney
01-01-2015, 01:56 PM
How can Marrone rip an organization that is less than three months into its new ownership.....dosent make sense at all...

Night Train
01-01-2015, 01:58 PM
How can Marrone rip an organization that is less than three months into its new ownership.....dosent make sense at all...

Because he played a hand of poker and it didn't work . Still walked away with 4 mil in chips but wants to save face.

Downinfloflo
01-01-2015, 02:03 PM
So...........What's Pat Lafontaine doing these days??

Oh....wrong team..

Downinfloflo
01-01-2015, 02:04 PM

He found out that the people in place were NEVER serious about winning.

Just having a team in the NFL is and was good enough.

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Three months is long enough to justify such a conclusion?

Harsh and lacks justice.

kingJofNYC
01-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Amazing that teams are falling all over themselves to talk with Marrone, yet Harbaugh was this pariah who had his entire team turn against him.

What it comes down to is managing the message, right now Marrone's team/agent are playing the media like a fiddle. They're getting out in front and trying to paint the Bills in the worst possible light, not hard to do honestly. Marrone is this massive coach who turned this team around all by himself, that's the message going around by the mass media, not the Buffalo media but the mass media. Being fed stories and running with them.

IF you listened to Marrone's press conferences last year, and before the start of this year, you would have thought EJ was his son. The way he spoke about EJ, how confident his was about EJs ability and how combative he became when questioned about EJs ability and progression as an NFL QB. And yet Marrone & Co are trying to spin it the other way, that Marrone want nothing to do with EJ, which was certainly the case this year but certainly not the guys last year.

This tweet says it all.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For all fans of Doug Marrone, he picked EJ Manuel. He's trying to pawn that off, but he picked him &amp; got rid of people who criticized Manuel</p>&mdash; Jason Cole (@JasonPhilCole) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/status/550745068358082560">January 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Mr. Pink
01-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Considering Polian said reports of him coming here were false from the moment the rumor started, why is anyone surprised now?

Novacane
01-01-2015, 02:18 PM
He found out that the people in place were NEVER serious about winning.

Just having a team in the NFL is and was good enough.

This post is a ******

Downinfloflo
01-01-2015, 02:23 PM
This post is a ******

15 years..

Buy your tickets now, Next year will be different, I can just feel it!!! :laughing:

cookie G
01-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Someone reported yesterday that one of the things Marrone didn't like was bringing in a football guy as a consultant and a go between between himself and Pegula.

So Marrone didn't want to work with Polian, but Polian wanted to work with Marrone?

*scratches head at these reports.

justasportsfan
01-01-2015, 02:35 PM
If Poilian doesn't want to take the job because Marrone isn't the coach therefore not willing to find a coach himself, then he's too old for the job. Im glad he's not calling the shots then.

Move on .

EricStratton
01-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Guys like Polian and Cowher and gruden have GREAT gigs on TV. They get paid a ton without the sleepless nights and pressure to win and for the coaches without the 20 hour a day schedule.

Why would any of them leave.

EricStratton
01-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Every couple years they float their names out there for jobs which helps their tv contracts and it's a perfect situation

better days
01-01-2015, 02:59 PM
If Polian WANTED to work with Marrone, I guess he went senile.

It happens to the best of minds.

Thank God he did not come back to Buffalo.

chris66
01-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Every couple years they float their names out there for jobs which helps their tv contracts and it's a perfect situationAn every few years the Bills need a new head coach. Why? It facilitates hope for next year and keeps the fans interested.
The question now becomes with the change in ownership and the bills staying, how long will the fans keep paying for crap or will they finally say enough is enough we want a better product. or will it remain status quo with just happy to have a team

notacon
01-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Good!!! I don't want this ass to head up the team after I read this (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12107463/bill-polian-informs-buffalo-bills-remain-espn-analyst-commentator?src=mobile&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fshowthread.php%2F227461-Polian-staying-with-ESPN%22%7D)...

"Then, the quarterback goes away and the coach disappears," Polian said. "So the job, from my perspective, changed. It went from a mentoring and advising role, which would have been fun, to a real heavy lift -- hire a new coach, hire a staff, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

"The bottom line is the job description changed pretty dramatically and the most important thing is that it would have required a really long commitment to a new coach, who deserved a long commitment that I wasn't prepared to make. And that wouldn't have been fair to the organization or to whomever their new coach was. The coach is going to want to know that you're going to be there for a reasonably long time."

In other words, 'I wanted an easy gig, and did not give a **** that the HC was junk and the starting QB he loved was a total pice of ****...I don't want to do the hard work of building a winner'

Eat **** Polian. We need someone who has the fire in his belly to BUILD a winner, not a jerk that wants to have fun.

RedEyE
01-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Someone reported yesterday that one of the things Marrone didn't like was bringing in a football guy as a consultant and a go between between himself and Pegula.

So Marrone didn't want to work with Polian, but Polian wanted to work with Marrone?

*scratches head at these reports.

Precisely why we can't place too much value in piss poor media vomit. Seems like everyone has a blog these days and they all claim to have a source close to the situation. I think most of it is speculation based on hearsay. Some have made careers on guessing situation but that is not good reporting.

Mace
01-01-2015, 08:31 PM
According to Mortensen, apparently. Didn't hear it myself; read it on another board.
Whose left for the Gandalf role?

Last remaining Gandalf I know of is unfortunately Mike Holmgren. The Pegulas dorked around long enough on hiring one so Ron Wolf is helping Casserly and the Jets, and I read today Chicago has Ernie Accorsi. Wolf, Accorsi and Holmgren were the 3 originally mentioned when the Pegulas bought the team, and Wolf or Accorsi should have been hired immediately.

Will be a big mistake if they hire Mike Holmgren. Don't know of any other Gandalf's. Looks grim to me.

better days
01-02-2015, 07:10 AM
An every few years the Bills need a new head coach. Why? It facilitates hope for next year and keeps the fans interested.
The question now becomes with the change in ownership and the bills staying, how long will the fans keep paying for crap or will they finally say enough is enough we want a better product. or will it remain status quo with just happy to have a team

The reason the Bills needed new Coaches every few years is because the Coaches they hired SUCKED.

And that includes Marrone.

Hopefully the Pegula's get it right.