X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Not a sabers fan so quick question

With rumor that marrone ripped bills org to polian after he opted out I have a question for you saber fans. Did Reiner and ruff destroy pegulas and the org when they got fired.

Everything I have read so far states that all the players and owners loved them and that they provided every resource possible for them to be successful.
  • Dr. Who
    • Jul 2002

Re: Not a sabers fan so quick question

It's the Sabres and Regier:)

I don't fully understand your question.
    The Sabres are doing just fine with Murray as GM. I'm ambivalent about Nolan, but he's doing a good job. If anything, the team is winning too much this season (we want to finish last to be certain of one of two players with rare talent.)

I don't believe the Pegulas are cheaping out on the Bills. I'm sure every resource will be provided to allow a coach to succeed. Marrone overplayed his hand and lost. Now he's acting like a jerk and the Pegulas are going to have to pay him four million dollars for his performance.

Comment

• DesertFox24
      • Jul 2005

Sorry autocorrect.

My question is have there been rumors of Sabres being a bad org to work for or a total mess as marrone eluded to, supposedly to polian.

Look I did not polian to begin with but I am interested in how peoe view Sabres as it is relevant to how bills will be viewed theoretically.

Comment

• Dr. Who
        • Jul 2002

I have heard nothing negative about the Sabres locker room. The vibe is good for the team's future.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

If Marrone said that, what the hell was he expecting? Everyone knew the org was a mess under Ralph/Russ, and Pegula took over their mess mid-season and Hasn't had a chance to fix it yet.

Sounds like Marrone and Hackett couldn't figure out how to run an offense in the NFL and are trying to blame everyone but themselves.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

The order of events as I see them. I believe that Orton retiring was a shock to Marrone. EJ was also his decision but benching EJ fell solely on his shoulders. Orton becomes Marrone's guy the minute he benches EJ but the Orton bails unexpectedly. FA list is crap. No 1st round pick. Hasn't see eye to eye with Whaley. Marrone knows things look dire for next season and remembers his backout chicken **** clause and keeps the idea for salary double dipping next season in the back of his head. The Jets reach out to Marrone's agent who turns around and forwards the info to his client. Marrone gets his meeting with Pegula and Marrone requests extensions for himself and his staff (to include Hackett). Prior to the meeting Marrone has already predetermined that if he doesn't get what he wants he takes the money and runs. Pegula being a smart business man is ready to invest any more long term situations with a subpar offense and refuses the extension requests. Marrone walks out 4$ million richer and has 3 interviews set up before he gets to the parking lot.

If this is the case, business is business. I don't blame either party for their decisions. However, Marrone's mistakes and confidence in his ****ty offense has set the Bills back possibly another 3 years. Although I think even if he had stayed he couldn't have corrected the offense with Hackett and without a serviceable QB. But Pegula was right to stand his ground in this scenario.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Justify sucking by trying to get higher drfat choices that work out. If you suck for multiple years and draft high, eventually you might land a player that's a star.

For 15 years the Bills have been trying it, so why not the Sabres. Hasn't worked out for either so far.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                • Jul 2005

Marrone did what any good business man does. He had a good season record wise and is going to capitalize on another three year deal making more money. Had he stayed and next year we tank and he gets fired chance he never gets another head coach job again.

Bottom line only way he has any chance of being successful is taking Atlanta job, but I will route for him to be a colossal bust and flame out.

Comment

Working...
                X