PDA

View Full Version : Bills looking like clowns... Time to step up and silence the critics Pegs

X-Era
01-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Polian said no supposedly because he wanted to work with Marrone and Marrone ripped the Bills org. Media all over the Bills as a laughing stock.

Pegula, please see this as pressure to shut these people up. See that you need to make a statement that we aren't the same old Bills anymore and that we can land a top guy. Step up and go all in and land Cowher and let these tools go **** in their hats.

He's in play. Pegs paid top dollar for the team; pay top dollar for the HC and immediate establish that we are for real in the league.

Furthermore, let The Chin pound the piss out of that egotistical douche **** Marrone twice a year for foreseeable future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/01/polians-return-to-bills-breaks-down-over-money/

"Polian’s decision not to return to Buffalo now turns the entire plan upside down. Guys who were believed to be in trouble (like CEO Russ Brandon and G.M. Doug Whaley) now may have bought some more time. How much time isn’t known, because the current thinking is that Pegula will feel compelled to make a run at a big-name coach.
Which could mean that Bill Cowher finally will get the major payday that he was never going to get in Pittsburgh."

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 01:11 PM
I don't think the Pegulas have to land Cowher. Who really cares what the media thinks? Do they have a track record for wisdom?
Pegula isn't a fool. I think he will proceed rationally and I am sure money and support will not be an issue. Getting the right coach, whoever he is, is much more important than winning the ephemeral applause of the fickle media.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 01:12 PM
So the Bills are looking like the Sabres since Terry took over?

Terry is cheap.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 01:13 PM
I don't think the Pegulas have to land Cowher. Who really cares what the media thinks? Do they have a track record for wisdom?
Pegula isn't a fool. I think he will proceed rationally and I am sure money and support will not be an issue. Getting the right coach, whoever he is, is much more important than winning the ephemeral applause of the fickle media.The right coach is not someone who will come in unable to immediately equal this record or advance us to the playoffs. I don't to blow it up and regress. We're too close.

I don't want green. I want a guy that steps in and hits the gas to the playoffs.

I'd look at the Whaley/Cowher connection and determine if Whaley is "small" enough to let Cowher hand him a grocery list. I don't see ego with Whaley and they shared time at Pitt. I think Cowher will feel like he has enough say personally.

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 01:17 PM
So the Bills are looking like the Sabres since Terry took over?

Terry is cheap.

The Sabres are going to be very good in a couple of years. You're either stupid or trolling in a boring manner.

Fixxxer
01-01-2015, 01:18 PM
The Sabres are going to be very good in a couple of years. You're either stupid or trolling in a boring manner.

he doesn't know different...

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 01:20 PM
The right coach is not someone who will come in unable to immediately equal this record or advance us to the playoffs. I don't to blow it up and regress. We're too close.

I don't want green. I want a guy that steps in and hits the gas to the playoffs.

I'd look at the Whaley/Cowher connection and determine if Whaley is "small" enough to let Cowher hand him a grocery list. I don't see ego with Whaley and they shared time at Pitt. I think Cowher will feel like he has enough say personally.

Sure, I agree. I'm not really certain Cowher is that guy. If Pegula and Whaley think he is, I'm sure they'll try their best to land him. For all I know, the Denver OC or the Arizona DC could be excellent head coaches.

I guess I partially agree. Didn't read carefully enough. I'm not against a coordinator, so I guess I'm willing to give green a chance.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 01:20 PM

Right, trying to justify sucking by getting higher draft picks. That always works out. :rolleyes:

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 01:22 PM
You're either stupid or trolling in a boring manner.I'll go with the former for $1000 please.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 01:23 PM
I'd look at the Whaley/Cowher connection and determine if Whaley is "small" enough to let Cowher hand him a grocery list. I don't see ego with Whaley and they shared time at Pitt. I think Cowher will feel like he has enough say personally. what's cowher going to do with EJ or some other scrub at QB? I don't care who the coach is, get me a QB.

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 01:24 PM
The Bills looking like clowns has been going on for sometime.

They decided to mirror their fanbase.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Yeah we heard that about Buffalo teams for many years now. It's always next year. The records speak for themselves.

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 01:27 PM
what's cowher going to do with EJ or some other scrub at QB? I don't care who the coach is, get me a QB.

Don't know what's the use of conversing with you, but here it goes. What qb is a feasible option? We're not picking at the top of the draft and the available free agents are mediocre and/or injury prone. You can't just manufacture a qb because you need one.

I also think EJ could still develop into a decent pro. It used to be routine for a young qb to take a number of years to become capable of starting. Regardless, the issue of where and how one gets a franchise qb remains the same. Much smarter to put resources into improving the o-line and add talent at rb and te. Rational people do what is possible.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 01:28 PM
The Bills looking like clowns has been going on for sometime.

They decided to mirror their fanbase.

Lol, some clowns are sticking up for the suckage to get better draft selections.

Justify the suck, Buffalos new Draft strategy.

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Yeah we heard that about Buffalo teams for many years now. It's always next year. The records speak for themselves.

If this is still true 3 years from now, I'll agree with you. You are aware that hockey is more like baseball? It takes years of development before one sees the benefit of good drafts. The Sabres have a lot of talent in the pipeline.

Also, the top of the draft next year has two players of rare ability. We want to finish last in order to assure getting one of them. Too bad you don't get it or just scoff at the strategy. It's the right plan.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Cowher took a rookie qb and stellar D to a SB ring. Not worried about this angle.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 01:31 PM
I also think EJ could still develop into a decent pro. It used to be routine for a young qb to take a number of years to become capable of starting. Regardless, the issue of where and how one gets a franchise qb remains the same. Much smarter to put resources into improving the o-line and add talent at rb and te. Rational people do what is possible. you can have a $100 million dollar offense, with a .02 cent QB no team is going to be a consistent winner. See the history of football.

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Justify the suckYou may have just come up with a great T-shirt phrase. Might even rival "Have a nice day"

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Cowher took a rookie qb and stellar D to a SB ring. Not worried about this angle.Yeah, it only took him twenty years. I guess finally finding one makes him some sort of Coaching God. Of course, the Stealers had an awful lot of help winning that one. The NFL and the refs figured they owed him one for years of service.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Cowher took a rookie qb and stellar D to a SB ring. Not worried about this angle.
Actually it was Big Bens 2nd year. A future Hall of Famer.
Bill didn't win any other Super Bowl with the other QB scrubs he had.
Thanks for proving the point.
It's the QB that matters most in the NFL.

cookie G
01-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Yeah well...if its the Jets really going after Marrone, there's at least one writer in NYC that thinks they are the ones looking like asses.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-consultants-pushing-doug-marrone-jets-article-1.2062892

Marrone isn’t Lombardi, Walsh or Halas. He’s a middling coach with a middling resume. His power play for an extension after a 15-17 record – and no playoff appearances – in his first two seasons was curious to many people across the league. “I don’t understand it,” one front office executive said.

...They’ll be doing a search again in two years,” one front office executive said. “I don’t think Marrone’s going to win there. He’s never won anywhere he’s been a head coach.”

... Marrone turned a hapless Syracuse program into a mediocre one (25-25 in four years) before taking the Bills gig in 2013. Buffalo went 6-10 in each of the previous two seasons before going 6-10 and 9-7 in Marrone’s two seasons. Bills fans weren’t exactly doing backflips with those results.

A crushing Week 16 loss to the Raiders made it 15 consecutive years without a playoff berth for the franchise.

Marrone was hardly an offensive wizard in Buffalo. The Bills were 19th and 26th in total offense in his two seasons. They finished with a franchise-low rushing yards (in a 16-game season) and were 26th in yards per carry (3.7 yards per carry) in 2014.

... “He wasn’t the most liked guy by the players,” one league source said of Marrone.

Said a second front office executive: “He doesn’t come across as relatable.”

Bills players voiced their displeasure about Marrone on Twitter upon hearing the news on Wednesday. Defensive back Aaron Williams tweeted, “Lost all respect!! Completely pissed off, but not gonna let it ruin my New Years.”

The Buffalo News questioned everything from Marrone’s “tense relationship with reporters” to in-game decisions to football acumen in a scathing report on Thursday.

“Prior to Marrone being hired, team president Russ Brandon used words like “forward thinking, progressive and attacking” in describing what the team was looking for in its new coach. None of those adjectives fit Marrone’s style.”

The Buffalo News also noted that "there were other significant examples of Marrone’s approach alienating people" including a “loud argument” at training camp with defensive end Jerry Hughes and a “heated conversation” with GM Doug Whaley at practice.

If he didn't like the Buffalo media, he's really not going to like that.

I'll send him a box of tissues, but I doubt that'll be enough.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 01:42 PM
Barry Swizter was 40-24 with a Super Bowl victory.
why hasn't he coached since 1997?

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Yeah well...if its the Jets really going after Marrone, there's at least one writer in NYC that thinks they are the ones looking like asses.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-consultants-pushing-doug-marrone-jets-article-1.2062892

Marrone isn’t Lombardi, Walsh or Halas. He’s a middling coach with a middling resume. His power play for an extension after a 15-17 record – and no playoff appearances – in his first two seasons was curious to many people across the league. “I don’t understand it,” one front office executive said.

...They’ll be doing a search again in two years,” one front office executive said. “I don’t think Marrone’s going to win there. He’s never won anywhere he’s been a head coach.”

... Marrone turned a hapless Syracuse program into a mediocre one (25-25 in four years) before taking the Bills gig in 2013. Buffalo went 6-10 in each of the previous two seasons before going 6-10 and 9-7 in Marrone’s two seasons. Bills fans weren’t exactly doing backflips with those results.

A crushing Week 16 loss to the Raiders made it 15 consecutive years without a playoff berth for the franchise.

Marrone was hardly an offensive wizard in Buffalo. The Bills were 19th and 26th in total offense in his two seasons. They finished with a franchise-low rushing yards (in a 16-game season) and were 26th in yards per carry (3.7 yards per carry) in 2014.

... “He wasn’t the most liked guy by the players,” one league source said of Marrone.

Said a second front office executive: “He doesn’t come across as relatable.”

Bills players voiced their displeasure about Marrone on Twitter upon hearing the news on Wednesday. Defensive back Aaron Williams tweeted, “Lost all respect!! Completely pissed off, but not gonna let it ruin my New Years.”

The Buffalo News questioned everything from Marrone’s “tense relationship with reporters” to in-game decisions to football acumen in a scathing report on Thursday.

“Prior to Marrone being hired, team president Russ Brandon used words like “forward thinking, progressive and attacking” in describing what the team was looking for in its new coach. None of those adjectives fit Marrone’s style.”

The Buffalo News also noted that "there were other significant examples of Marrone’s approach alienating people" including a “loud argument” at training camp with defensive end Jerry Hughes and a “heated conversation” with GM Doug Whaley at practice.

If he didn't like the Buffalo media, he's really not going to like that.

I'll send him a box of tissues, but I doubt that'll be enough.

Manish is the Skip Bayless of the NY Media, which is saying something. This is his thing.

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Barry Swizter was 40-24 with a Super Bowl victory.
why hasn't he coached since 1997?Switzer inherited Jimmy Johnson's Cowboy team. Even Lou Holtz or Richie Kotite would have won a SB with those guys.

Switzer is a buffoon, good college coach, but a buffoon none the less.

sudzy
01-01-2015, 01:47 PM
So Marrone tries to bully Pegula into an extension, then when he doesn't get what he wants, he runs and bad mouths us to Polian? What is this? Kindergarten?

X-Era
01-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Actually it was Big Bens 2nd year. A future Hall of Famer.
Bill didn't win any other Super Bowl with the other QB scrubs he had.
Thanks for proving the point.
It's the QB that matters most in the NFL.
Undefeated in the regular season as a rookie and took them all the way to the AFC championship game and a SB win the next year.

I think it shows Cowher can get it done with a young QB and a stellar D.

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 01:49 PM
So Marrone tries to bully Pegula into an extension, then when he doesn't get what he wants, he runs and bad mouths us to Polian? What is this? Kindergarten?

People don't really grow up that much. They just get old.

cookie G
01-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Manish is the Skip Bayless of the NY Media, which is saying something. This is his thing.

Could be. I don't read the Daily News.

One thing I do agree with is..

Marrone isn't Lombardi, Walsh or Halas.

I'm missing the hoo ha of landing him.

But then I missed the hoo ha of signing him when the Bills hired him.

I just don't see it.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Can't imagine this is the start that the Pegula's wanted to their tenure. What a mess.

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Undefeated in the regular season as a rookie and took them all the way to the AFC championship game and a SB win the next year.

I think it shows Cowher can get it done with a young QB and a stellar D.:rofl:

Cowher won't coach again...period. Especially in Buffalo.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Could be. I don't read the Daily News.

One thing I do agree with is..

Marrone isn't Lombardi, Walsh or Halas.

I'm missing the hoo ha of landing him.

But then I missed the hoo ha of signing him when the Bills hired him.

I just don't see it.

I'm with you the whole way on this. Didn't get the Marrone hire when it was made, don't get the desire for him now.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Can't imagine this is the start that the Pegula's wanted to their tenure. What a mess.Sure looks like one right now. He needs to make a strong move to stabilize it. No, it doesn't have to happen right away. But a green guy looking disorganized on the field next year makes us look like idiots. We need to establish this team as a legit solid franchise this off-season.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Switzer inherited Jimmy Johnson's Cowboy team. Even Lou Holtz or Richie Kotite would have won a SB with those guys.

Switzer is a buffoon, good college coach, but a buffoon none the less. basically what you are saying then is that the talent on the field matters more than who the coach is?

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Sure looks like one right now. He needs to make a strong move to stabilize it. No, it doesn't have to happen right away. But a green guy looking disorganized on the field next year makes us look like idiots. We need to establish this team as a legit solid franchise this off-season.

I don't care about next season, I care about a direction. Make some decisions, commit to them and let's move forward even if that means moving backwards in the immediate.

Night Train
01-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Polian said no supposedly because he wanted to work with Marrone and Marrone ripped the Bills org. Media all over the Bills as a laughing stock.

Pegula, please see this as pressure to shut these people up. See that you need to make a statement that we aren't the same old Bills anymore and that we can land a top guy. Step up and go all in and land Cowher and let these tools go **** in their hats.

He's in play. Pegs paid top dollar for the team; pay top dollar for the HC and immediate establish that we are for real in the league.

Furthermore, let The Chin pound the piss out of that egotistical douche **** Marrone twice a year for foreseeable future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/01/polians-return-to-bills-breaks-down-over-money/

"Polian’s decision not to return to Buffalo now turns the entire plan upside down. Guys who were believed to be in trouble (like CEO Russ Brandon and G.M. Doug Whaley) now may have bought some more time. How much time isn’t known, because the current thinking is that Pegula will feel compelled to make a run at a big-name coach.
Which could mean that Bill Cowher finally will get the major payday that he was never going to get in Pittsburgh."

Don't be as thin skinned as Marrone. Who cares what the natonal media (most who watched a total of 20 minutes of Bills games this year) is saying on Jan. 1st ?

All we are reading today are clueless media types throwing darts. Nothing is known.

pmoon6
01-01-2015, 01:59 PM
basically what you are saying then is that the talent on the field matters more than who the coach is?Of course. That's always been the case. A good coach can improve the teams chances, but it's the players that have to execute.

Novacane
01-01-2015, 02:02 PM
I don't see why the Bills are looking like clowns. An average coach quit on them. So what? Stop paying so much attention to what the national media thinks!

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 02:04 PM
I don't see why the Bills are looking like clowns. An average coach quit on them. So what? Stop paying so much attention to what the national media thinks!

I agree with this. Further, you'd think four million dollars would buy a minimal amount of decency. Guess not.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 02:04 PM
I don't care about next season, I care about a direction. Make some decisions, commit to them and let's move forward even if that means moving backwards in the immediate.
Yeah. I can't get behind moving back. Too much risk. We've been there too long.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Yeah. I can't get behind moving back. Too much risk. We've been there too long.

We're still there now.

YardRat
01-01-2015, 02:17 PM
I can feel the dark side growing stronger...I'm starting to like the idea of Pegs making a 'splash' to offset some of the past week's events.

Orton retiring is one thing. Marrone bolting, another. We can survive those things just fine. Polian backing out is embarrassing.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Polian didn't want to do the long haul after Marrone left. Not about money.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/01/01/polian-not-joining-bills-job-became-real-heavy-lift/

SpikedLemonade
01-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Polian didn't want to do the long haul after Marrone left. Not about money.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/01/01/polian-not-joining-bills-job-became-real-heavy-lift/

Mikes sense.

YardRat
01-01-2015, 04:03 PM
'Do the long haul' my ass, that's bull****.

Keep the defense intact, including the coaching staff.
Keep Brandon on the business end, don't let him near the football decision-making process.
Find a decent established head coach, one that is willing to let Schwartz run the D and has connections to good offensive coaches.
Let the new staff and Whaley bring in the pcs on offense necessary to complete that side of the puzzle.
Keep building the roster the way it has been done the last two seasons, and don't be foolish gambling for a franchise QB.
Keep working on the new stadium.
Bring the Jills back under the umbrella of the organization.

Done, done and done. When you make out the check, don't forget both the 'Y' and 'R' are upper-case in 'YardRat'.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 04:23 PM
'Do the long haul' my ass, that's bull****.

Keep the defense intact, including the coaching staff.
Keep Brandon on the business end, don't let him near the football decision-making process.
Find a decent established head coach, one that is willing to let Schwartz run the D and has connections to good offensive coaches.
Let the new staff and Whaley bring in the pcs on offense necessary to complete that side of the puzzle.
Keep building the roster the way it has been done the last two seasons, and don't be foolish gambling for a franchise QB.
Keep working on the new stadium.
Bring the Jills back under the umbrella of the organization.

Done, done and done. When you make out the check, don't forget both the 'Y' and 'R' are upper-case in 'YardRat'.

Maybe he thought the roster was farther away?

chris66
01-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Bills best commidity is the defense. have to offer the hc position to Schwartz or at very least let him have some input into candidates he will work well with

Historian
01-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Yeah, it only took him twenty years. I guess finally finding one makes him some sort of Coaching God. Of course, the Stealers had an awful lot of help winning that one. The NFL and the refs figured they owed him one for years of service.

This is a good point, Moon.

I remember the Bills going into Pittsburgh and smothering them 24-3 in a Divisional playoff with Reich at QB. It took Cowher a long time to win a title, so I don't believe he's the savior of anything.

On the plus side, his teams were always tough, and usually won 10-12 games a year, primarily by defense. He always reminded me of his mentor, Marty, as he would get to the Championship game and tank. Credit to him for eventually winning it all, once he got a real QB.

Couldn't have been much fun watching Neil O'Donnell throw the SB away.

cookie G
01-02-2015, 09:17 AM

I just saw this elsewhere...

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/lupica-rich-kotite-mind-thinking-marrone-article-1.2063420

Now he has Mike Lupica chiming in...and this is before he's even hired.

If the whispers are true that Marrone wasn't happy with the Buffalo media....

I'm not sure who is planting visions of a kinder, gentler NYC media in his head.

Doug, you're a native New Yorker...think, for god's sake!!

WagonCircler
01-02-2015, 09:26 AM
On the plus side, his teams were always tough, and usually won 10-12 games a year, primarily by defense. He always reminded me of his mentor, Marty, as he would get to the Championship game and tank. Credit to him for eventually winning it all, once he got a real QB.

Couldn't have been much fun watching Neil O'Donnell throw the SB away.

Amazing how much better coaches become when they have real Quarterbacks.

Historian
01-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Indeed Cookie.

Just wait until Geno throws five pics in one game again, lol