• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Bills looking like clowns... Time to step up and silence the critics Pegs

Polian said no supposedly because he wanted to work with Marrone and Marrone ripped the Bills org. Media all over the Bills as a laughing stock.

Pegula, please see this as pressure to shut these people up. See that you need to make a statement that we aren't the same old Bills anymore and that we can land a top guy. Step up and go all in and land Cowher and let these tools go **** in their hats.

He's in play. Pegs paid top dollar for the team; pay top dollar for the HC and immediate establish that we are for real in the league.

Furthermore, let The Chin pound the piss out of that egotistical douche **** Marrone twice a year for foreseeable future.

"Polian’s decision not to return to Buffalo now turns the entire plan upside down. Guys who were believed to be in trouble (like CEO Russ Brandon and G.M. Doug Whaley) now may have bought some more time. How much time isn’t known, because the current thinking is that Pegula will feel compelled to make a run at a big-name coach.
    Which could mean that Bill Cowher finally will get the major payday that he was never going to get in Pittsburgh."
    Last edited by X-Era; 01-01-2015, 01:09 PM.

• Dr. Who
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills looking like clowns... Time to step up and silence the critics Pegs

I don't think the Pegulas have to land Cowher. Who really cares what the media thinks? Do they have a track record for wisdom?
    Pegula isn't a fool. I think he will proceed rationally and I am sure money and support will not be an issue. Getting the right coach, whoever he is, is much more important than winning the ephemeral applause of the fickle media.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

So the Bills are looking like the Sabres since Terry took over?

Terry is cheap.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
        I don't think the Pegulas have to land Cowher. Who really cares what the media thinks? Do they have a track record for wisdom?
        Pegula isn't a fool. I think he will proceed rationally and I am sure money and support will not be an issue. Getting the right coach, whoever he is, is much more important than winning the ephemeral applause of the fickle media.
        The right coach is not someone who will come in unable to immediately equal this record or advance us to the playoffs. I don't to blow it up and regress. We're too close.

I don't want green. I want a guy that steps in and hits the gas to the playoffs.

I'd look at the Whaley/Cowher connection and determine if Whaley is "small" enough to let Cowher hand him a grocery list. I don't see ego with Whaley and they shared time at Pitt. I think Cowher will feel like he has enough say personally.
        Last edited by X-Era; 01-01-2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Who
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
          So the Bills are looking like the Sabres since Terry took over?

Terry is cheap.
          The Sabres are going to be very good in a couple of years. You're either stupid or trolling in a boring manner.

Comment

• Fixxxer
            • Jul 2002

The Sabres are going to be very good in a couple of years. You're either stupid or trolling in a boring manner.
            he doesn't know different...

Comment

• Dr. Who
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              The right coach is not someone who will come in unable to immediately equal this record or advance us to the playoffs. I don't to blow it up and regress. We're too close.

I don't want green. I want a guy that steps in and hits the gas to the playoffs.

I'd look at the Whaley/Cowher connection and determine if Whaley is "small" enough to let Cowher hand him a grocery list. I don't see ego with Whaley and they shared time at Pitt. I think Cowher will feel like he has enough say personally.
              Sure, I agree. I'm not really certain Cowher is that guy. If Pegula and Whaley think he is, I'm sure they'll try their best to land him. For all I know, the Denver OC or the Arizona DC could be excellent head coaches.

I guess I partially agree. Didn't read carefully enough. I'm not against a coordinator, so I guess I'm willing to give green a chance.
              Last edited by Dr. Who; 01-01-2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Right, trying to justify sucking by getting higher draft picks. That always works out.

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

You're either stupid or trolling in a boring manner.
                  I'll go with the former for $1000 please.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

what's cowher going to do with EJ or some other scrub at QB? I don't care who the coach is, get me a QB.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

The Bills looking like clowns has been going on for sometime.

They decided to mirror their fanbase.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Yeah we heard that about Buffalo teams for many years now. It's always next year. The records speak for themselves.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                          • Jul 2002

what's cowher going to do with EJ or some other scrub at QB? I don't care who the coach is, get me a QB.
                          Don't know what's the use of conversing with you, but here it goes. What qb is a feasible option? We're not picking at the top of the draft and the available free agents are mediocre and/or injury prone. You can't just manufacture a qb because you need one.

I also think EJ could still develop into a decent pro. It used to be routine for a young qb to take a number of years to become capable of starting. Regardless, the issue of where and how one gets a franchise qb remains the same. Much smarter to put resources into improving the o-line and add talent at rb and te. Rational people do what is possible.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                            The Bills looking like clowns has been going on for sometime.

They decided to mirror their fanbase.

Lol, some clowns are sticking up for the suckage to get better draft selections.

Justify the suck, Buffalos new Draft strategy.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                              • Jul 2002

Yeah we heard that about Buffalo teams for many years now. It's always next year. The records speak for themselves.
                              If this is still true 3 years from now, I'll agree with you. You are aware that hockey is more like baseball? It takes years of development before one sees the benefit of good drafts. The Sabres have a lot of talent in the pipeline.

Also, the top of the draft next year has two players of rare ability. We want to finish last in order to assure getting one of them. Too bad you don't get it or just scoff at the strategy. It's the right plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X