PDA

View Full Version : Head Coaching search, where the board needs help

X-Era
01-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Find the connections on current staffers or org guys and post it in here.

Like Malzhan. Any connections to the Bills at all? That stuff is tough to find.

Anyone want to setup profiles on the possibilities for us? We can merge the posts if need be.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 02:32 PM
You want people to run down the coaching trees?

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW Bowles is from the Parcells coaching tree.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 02:32 PM
You want people to run down the coaching trees?Sure. Profiles. Whatever. I know you've got lots of good info on the linkages between these guys.

Personally, I know Cowher had a power play with Donahoe and won but whats his relationship with Whaley? How deep does the relationship with Pegula go?

Stuff like that.

YardRat
01-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Schwartz is already connected via his current position with the team.
Cowher is connected via Whaley and the Steelers.

Whew...that's enough heavy-lifting for me, I'll sit on that so others have an opportunity to contribute.

The Jokeman
01-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Find the connections on current staffers or org guys and post it in here.

Like Malzhan. Any connections to the Bills at all? That stuff is tough to find.

Anyone want to setup profiles on the possibilities for us? We can merge the posts if need be.

I did some Googling to see who we interviewed the year we hired Marrone to see if any of the candidates would remain viable today but that turned up empty. In terms of connections, Whaley of course has his Steeler ties and I remember joking then we were going to name Carnell Lake our HC because of them being connected to the Steelers and both being former DBs as there was a thread then that our HC seems to be molds of our GMs at the time. I get while people were calling for Reich when the Polian president thing came up. Yet now with that Polian thing proving to be a rumor I think it's all on Whaley now unless of course now. As there's talk Accorsi is assistant some other team and Wolf is assisting the Jets. Of course Holmgren's name is still out there but haven't heard him mentioned since that first report when the Pegula's bought the team so it's a tough call.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Schwartz is already connected via his current position with the team.
Cowher is connected via Whaley and the Steelers.

Whew...that's enough heavy-lifting for me, I'll sit on that so others have an opportunity to contribute.Very Poilan-esque of you... Pegula, pay the man... 6 mill per year should do it.