• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

What is in Brandon's contract?

There's more going on here.

First, we find out about Marrone having an "out". Then we find out that Pegs have to pay him $4 million for the year even though he can still go find work elsewhere.

theres strong rumors also going on related to Polian and a football czar position.

Now Polian backs out because there just may be "too much" burden.

all the while Russ Brandon who has presided over a 15 year playoff drought, sits quietly by with rumors circulating that he's safe?!

so... I think we all deserve to know what exactly happens if the Bills were to summarily decide to part ways with Russ.

the truth may indeed be benign, but it really feels like something ugly is in place.
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: What is in Brandon's contract?

Whatever his contract is is well worth it as long as he stays on the business side and away from the actual game of football side.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
      Whatever his contract is is well worth it as long as he stays on the business side and away from the actual game of football side.
      Well worth it?

for ****s sake..... wHY?

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
        Well worth it?

for ****s sake..... wHY?
        Because the team has been incredibly profitable and he's one of the best business ops executives in the league.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          Because the team has been incredibly profitable and he's one of the best business ops executives in the league.
          says who?

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

says who?
            There were numbers that leaked during the financial review during the bidding process earlier this year. Bills brought home between $30-40 million in operational profits in 2013 and industry experts said that's easily up to $60 million with a new stadium in place. $60 million puts them in line with the rest of NFL teams which is pretty incredible for a small market team.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

There were numbers that leaked during the financial review during the bidding process earlier this year. Bills brought home between $30-40 million in operational profits in 2013 and industry experts said that's easily up to $60 million with a new stadium in place. $60 million puts them in line with the rest of NFL teams which is pretty incredible for a small market team.
              And you really credit him for that?

Like many have pointed out... the Bills aren't a hard sell. 15 years of dysfunction and they're still selling out. You honestly think that's because of Russ?

and what of this $4 million out clause he gave Marrone?

Quick question... do you know him?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

And you really credit him for that?

Like many have pointed out... the Bills aren't a hard sell. 15 years of dysfunction and they're still selling out. You honestly think that's because of Russ?

and what of this $4 million out clause he gave Marrone?

Quick question... do you know him?
                He was the Team President, was he not?

The $4 million option, which I hate, was reported this morning as a response to the Browns wooing Marrone last year.

Yes, he's my neighbor down here in Atlanta. We chill in Boca every June and I have him as #3 on my speed dial. Or maybe its just that its very easy to poke holes in completely irrational arguments?
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

He was the Team President, was he not?
                  yes he was team president and presided over a decade + long period of organizational dysfunction.

but... but... he made money so that proves he's a great business ops guy!

is that really your point? Really?

The $4 million option, which I hate, was reported this morning as a response to the Browns wooing Marrone last year.
                  who reported that? Are you suggesting this was an addendum to his original employment contract? Wonder what Ralph's health was during that time.

Yes, he's my neighbor down here in Atlanta. We chill in Boca every June and I have him as #3 on my speed dial. Or maybe its just that its very easy to poke holes in completely irrational arguments?
                  There's nothing irrational about my argument at all.

Comment

• sudzy
                    • Apr 2013

And that was all that was important to Ralph. I'm hoping Pegula cares more about winning.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

yes he was team president and presided over a decade + long period of organizational dysfunction.

but... but... he made money so that proves he's a great business ops guy!

is that really your point? Really?
                      Do you have a counter to make or are you just going to regurgitate the known facts for all of us?

who reported that? Are you suggesting this was an addendum to his original employment contract? Wonder what Ralph's health was during that time.
                      I got it from Deadspin who got it from other linked sources. So multiple outlets.

There's nothing irrational about my argument at all.
                      No, of course not.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                      And that was all that was important to Ralph. I'm hoping Pegula cares more about winning.
                      Why can't he care about both? His move to remove Brandon from all Football Ops is enough for me. Let the guy do what he's proven to be good at.

Winning and making money aren't mutually exclusive.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Do you have a counter to make or are you just going to regurgitate the known facts for all of us?
                        15 years speaks for itself.

So so your point is because the Bills made money he's a great business ops guy. Got it.

your point sucks. Bad.

I got it from Deadspin who got it from other linked sources. So multiple outlets.
                        so this was a contract addendum done when exactly then?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

15 years speaks for itself.

So so your point is because the Bills made money he's a great business ops guy. Got it.

your point sucks. Bad.
                          Yes for the last 15 years the Bills have been a very successful business. If you have a counter point, or hell any thing that even resembles a logical point, then present it. You don't though.

so this was a contract addendum done when exactly then?
                          Don't know, just a saw a snipit this morning.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            Wow dumbest post of the day....

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Yes for the last 15 years the Bills have been a very successful business. If you have a counter point, or hell any thing that even resembles a logical point, then present it. You don't though.
                              the money flows into this organization. It's called revenue. A very wise business man once told me, "revenue cures a lot of ills". Brandon didn't create that revenue. I don't give Brandon credit for that.

that seems to be the sticking point here.

So so to help get past that... let's see how he did on the football ops side of things (a much more complicated side of the business where someone's mgmt talents or lack thereof are readily identifiable.).

That at side of things is a complete and utter disaster.

the Marrone buyout is the final nail for me that bridges both sides of the operations.

to me... it's The smoking gun that outs Brandon for what he is... a weasel and a corporate thief.

Don't know, just a saw a snipit this morning.
                              just read it. The clause was part of the original contract. The Cleveland excuse reads exactly like that... an excuse.

Brandon's excuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X