PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question?

X-Era
01-01-2015, 04:24 PM
If agents share clients are they not prohibited by law from discussing contracts or even negotiations with other clients of theirs?

Does it not fall into something like attorney client privilege?

I mean there are laws around realty offers and contracts. There are laws around attorney client privilege which I would think would involve negotiations... Does the same apply here?

Night Train
01-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Jimmy Sexton is the agent of Marrone, Schwartz, and Rex Ryan. If he's trying to move people around for financial gain on the sly (telling Marrone the Jets want him 2 days ago, while still under contract to Buffalo ), he and Jets owner Woody Johnson will be checked out.

DesertFox24
01-01-2015, 04:33 PM
The contracts are sent to league office and can be viewed by other teams.

That being said you are correct the agent has a fiduciary responsibility to inform their client of all possibilities.

They also cannot share negotiations between teams or are not supposed too.

DesertFox24
01-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Anyone made at the agent should not be and I bet the out clause is normal. Problem is how often do teams get sold. Last two times t happened parcels quit Miami and jack del rio in jax had no options and they sucked so he stayed. Then got fired next season

TacklingDummy
01-01-2015, 04:36 PM
What do the Bills get if there was tampering? The Jets 1st round pick? That would be awesome and well worth losing any coach.

Novacane
01-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Proving tampering will be next to impossible

DesertFox24
01-01-2015, 04:42 PM
I don't think we get anything I think they get fined but would love their pick would be huge

X-Era
01-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Anyone made at the agent should not be and I bet the out clause is normal. Problem is how often do teams get sold. Last two times t happened parcels quit Miami and jack del rio in jax had no options and they sucked so he stayed. Then got fired next season
The question is whether an agent can legally discuss one clients negotiations with another one of his clients...

If Marrone and Rex Ryan have the same agent can that agent share the information between both parties? Contract negotiations? Or if Schefter also has Marrones agent can the agent share unofficial info with Schefter?

DesertFox24
01-01-2015, 04:57 PM
To answer your question no they should not. However in the NFL the contracts are sent to league office and can be reviewed by other teams.

In real world if you and I had some lawyer accountant rep agent the no they cannot tell me your deal.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 04:59 PM
To answer your question no they should not. However in the NFL the contracts are sent to league office and can be reviewed by other teams.

In real world if you and I had some lawyer accountant rep agent the no they cannot tell me your deal.Are agents lawyers? Are do they have negotiation laws like real estate agents?

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Are agents lawyers? Are do they have negotiation laws like real estate agents?

im pretty sure the answer to your first question is yes. But I'm not sure of the second

DesertFox24
01-01-2015, 05:46 PM
You don't have to be a lawyer but most of them are lawyers. You do have to be licensed.

swiper
01-01-2015, 05:46 PM
What do the Bills get if there was tampering?

Two tickets to paradise.