Did Bryce Petty's Draft Stock Just Skyrocket After His 550 Yard Performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Did Bryce Petty's Draft Stock Just Skyrocket After His 550 Yard Performance?

Did you see the Cotton Bowl today?

550 yards!

Bryce Petty will be entering the 2015 NFL Draft after throwing 36/51 passes for 550 yards and 3 TD's in his last game as Baylor's starting quarterback.

Petty had an amazing game in a stunning loss at the end.

He's a pocket quarterback, isn't a statue, and has a great arm.

He outplayed Conner Cook, who is staying in college for his senior year even though he'd be a first round draft pick.

Some interesting numbers:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

• QB Bryce Petty has thrown a TD in a BU-career-record 25 straight games played.

• Petty had a career-high 550 passing yards, the 3rd 500-yard passing game in program history (Nick Florence 581 at WVU in 2012, Petty 510 vs. TCU in 2014). 

• Petty extended his own school record with a 16th career 300-yard passing game and tied RG3 for the school record with his 4th 400-yard passing game.

• Petty final Baylor record book ranks: 1st TD-INT ratio (6.20), 1st yards per attempt (9.71), 1st interception percentage (.0118), 1st total offense yards per play (8.223), 2nd passing yards (8,195), 2nd completion percentage (.627), 2nd total offense (8,528), 2nd touchdown responsibility (83), 2nd passing touchdowns (62), 9th rushing touchdowns (21).

• Petty set the Cotton Bowl record for most passing yards (550).
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Did Bryce Petty's Draft Stock Just Skyrocket After His 550 Yard Performance?

No.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ICRockets
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2008

Re: Did Bryce Petty's Draft Stock Just Skyrocket After His 550 Yard Performance?

I'd draft him. The only thing that is holding RG3 back after coming out of that offense is his injuries. Petty is as strong an option as we're likely to find this offseason.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

He played well and in no way hurt himself but I don't see him moving into the 1st round if thats what your asking.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
          He played well and in no way hurt himself but I don't see him moving into the 1st round if thats what your asking.
          Which would be good news.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Lol I agree. I like the kid as well but don't think he is capable of running a pro offense out of the gates.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Right now we don't have anyone capable of running an NFL Offense, out of the gate or otherwise.

I'm all for drafting a kid like this and signing another Orton.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if the Bills draft Petty (that sounds so good) he will beat EJ Manuel in a QB competition.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                  Right now we don't have anyone capable of running an NFL Offense, out of the gate or otherwise.

That's the trick though, finding a vet FA capable of truly managing the game. If the Bills could land Petty they might be better off bringing in a really good QB coach, let Petty learn and ride pine, while EJ sacrifices himself for a season.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I don't think it skyrocketed, but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes late first or very early in the second...QB's always get over-drafted.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICRockets
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

Can it be Randy this time?

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                        That's the trick though, finding a vet FA capable of truly managing the game. If the Bills could land Petty they might be better off bringing in a really good QB coach, let Petty learn and ride pine, while EJ sacrifices himself for a season.
                        Waste an entire season of this Defense in its prime?

There HAS to be a better plan than that.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Look at the FA list. A bunch of 3rd rate **** birds. Trade? Not sure the Bills have much to give.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                            • Mar 2013

The last thing I want the Bills to do is sign another turd burger of a, "manage the game," QB that is nothing but a tease at best on a good day.

The worst thing about the 2014 Bills season is that we didn't get to see EJ Manuel play a full year.

Marrone set the Bills back when he (and only HE! the god of football himself) decided to bench EJ Manuel instead of letting him play through the growing pains of being a young NFL QB.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

nope. putting up big numbers in an offense that doesn't ask you to step up into the pocket (or throw from it) or ask you to do any progressions (1 downfield target per play) isn't numbers that translate into the nfl at all.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X