PDA

View Full Version : Quick Note: OSU v. Bama - 2nd Half

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 09:30 PM
I just learned that the OSU QB, Cardale Jones, is draft eligible should he decide to leave this year.

He sure is showing some things tonight, still very raw. For those watching though it does add a little something potentially to it.

Mace
01-01-2015, 09:39 PM
I just learned that the OSU QB, Cardale Jones, is draft eligible should he decide to leave this year.

He sure is showing some things tonight, still very raw. For those watching though it does add a little something potentially to it.

Geez. He had 39 plays total in 2013. He's essentially a college freshman QB. His time is at least 2017. If he goes draft after one year, he's not too smart leaving the comfort of Saban and the chance of increasing his skill and value.

Pass if he declares.

DraftBoy
01-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Geez. He had 39 plays total in 2013. He's essentially a college freshman QB. His time is at least 2017. If he goes draft after one year, he's not too smart leaving the comfort of Saban and the chance of increasing his skill and value.

Pass if he declares.

He's a RS Sophomore who is technically buried if Braxton returns. Not saying he should, but it's at least something to note.

BillsImpossible
01-01-2015, 09:47 PM
A QB from Alabama?

Ken Stabler
Bart Starr
Joe Namath

That was a long time ago.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 09:57 PM
I'd like Devin Smith.

Personally I think Henry is too stiff buthe looks great tonight.

And Landon Johnson is a great prospect.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-01-2015, 10:48 PM
A QB from Alabama?

Ken Stabler
Bart Starr
Joe Namath

That was a long time ago.

Jones is the QB for Ohio State

X-Era
01-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Evan Spencer... Gadget guy and ST ace. Lol

Ingtar33
01-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Evan Spencer... Gadget guy and ST ace. Lol

future first round draft choice of the miami dolphins right there.

I kid, the kid was awesome tonight. You can build a championship with a bunch of kids like that on your roster. I think if there is one thing we learned this bowl season it's that the SEC was massively overrated, the Big 10 massively underrated, florida st was as bad as it looked this year, and TCU should have been in the final 4.

Did you know the computers would have paired up alabama and florida st in the national championship game? Thank god we don't have that farce going on anymore. Shame TCU got boned, it would have been a fantastic game watching TCU and Oregon go at it.

starrymessenger
01-01-2015, 11:10 PM
He's a RS Sophomore who is technically buried if Braxton returns. Not saying he should, but it's at least something to note.
Starting job next year will be a three way dogfight and he could lose out.
He's obviously not ready to be drafted so shouldn't he transfer to even some lower profile venue where he at least gets to play.
Sort of the opposite of Cam's Juco/Auburn trajectory.
Sort of reminds me of Newton.
Same frame, same skillset.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 11:15 PM
future first round draft choice of the miami dolphins right there.

I kid, the kid was awesome tonight. You can build a championship with a bunch of kids like that on your roster. I think if there is one thing we learned this bowl season it's that the SEC was massively overrated, the Big 10 massively underrated, florida st was as bad as it looked this year, and TCU should have been in the final 4.

Did you know the computers would have paired up alabama and florida st in the national championship game? Thank god we don't have that farce going on anymore. Shame TCU got boned, it would have been a fantastic game watching TCU and Oregon go at it.Ummm... Thats the pairing I put down in the group I was watching with. (Bama vs. FSU)

Point is, this is how it should be.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Two things...

No one can claim that the Big 10 can't hang this year.

Ezekiel Elliott is no longer a secret.

starrymessenger
01-01-2015, 11:17 PM
I'd like Devin Smith.

Personally I think Henry is too stiff buthe looks great tonight.

And Landon Johnson is a great prospect.

Smith is impressive. Really liked his ST play as well.
The receiver I'd like most tho is G Tech's Darren Waller.
Funny how a ground and pound program seems to land a Megatron, D. Thomas, D. Waller type guy every three or four years.
Wonder how they even manage to recruit these guys.
Chan prolly knows.

X-Era
01-01-2015, 11:19 PM
So I'm saying the OSU equipment managers still should be fired. Lol.

Was it 4 or 5 helmets flying off in this game?

YardRat
01-02-2015, 05:05 AM
Smart got owned, as did Kiffen and Sims. The Ohio St offense rolled all night, and with the amount of times Cooper saw the ball in the first three quarters one would think Hackett was Bama's coordinator and Orton the QB. The Big10 is going to have an entirely different look in a couple of years, with Urban and Harbaugh bringing SEC/Pac football to the big heavies.

Night Train
01-02-2015, 06:17 AM
RIP SEC Deity. That bus has left the terminal.

GO BUCKEYES !